Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBC, SI say Burfict should be banned from football
(10-18-2018, 11:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Good gawd, what were you  playing against, a prison team with harden criminal 11 year olds?

Fun fact......we actually DID play a team that was comprised of kids from a "boy's home". (read juvey facility)

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
if he was a steeler they be talking about how great he is...
Reply/Quote
One thing we're starting to see is that if you say something loud enough and often enough, it starts to become true, whether it is or not. I'm of the personal opinion the Bengals should consider eventually moving on from Burfict, but not necessarily right now, and for other reasons than his play on the field.
Reply/Quote
with how fast the NFL has been to suspend him before it appears they didn't see the same things the steelers are crying about.

Hell they won and still crying it doesn't get sadder than that.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 11:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: with how fast the NFL has been to suspend him before it appears they didn't see the same things the steelers are crying about.

Hell they won and still crying it doesn't get sadder than that.
Right? With some questionable calls/non-calls at the end to help them win. And they’re still crying.

And Ben with his my wife is praying for you passive aggressive bs he can go **** himself.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 11:37 AM)sandwedge Wrote: Good gawd, what were you  playing against, a prison team with harden criminal 11 year olds?

It seemed like it.

They called me a Tight End but I rarely caught passes. Instead, I would stay in and block next to the Left tackle.

All of their D-lineman were throwing constant forearms but the guy over the Left tackle was the most BRUTAL.

Our left tackle asked me to switch with him for just one play to get some relief. His guy was killing us and him. I actually kept the guy from making a play but he hit me multiple times in the head on that play. I then told our left tackle we were switching back and let him deal with it.

My guy didn't seem so bad after that.
Reply/Quote
He shouldn't be banned, but I haven't liked Burfict for some time now. Sure he makes tackles and is a good player playing wise, and is a Bengal. But it takes more than playing good at times for me to be fan. My overall fandom lies with the Bengals, not with any one player. And in my opinion, Burfict is a long term detriment to the Bengals than one player should be for the talent he has.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:35 AM)muskiesfan Wrote: No, no crystal ball needed. Burfict's history of getting penalized, fined, and suspended is enough to say it's a matter of when not if.

I don't care if Burfict gives Brown, Schuster, Ben, or any Steeler brain damage as long as it's a clean hit that doesn't get him suspended. I don't know why that's so hard for people to grasp. For someone that so many fans say is so important to the team, don't you want him to stop doing the things that get him suspended? Wouldn't you want him playing 16 games instead of maybe 12?

Pretty much this. 

Im not going to defend Burfict. Hes a dirty player. All I want from him is availability, which you havent been able to count on over the past seasons. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 10:38 AM)McC Wrote: Two games, no penalties.  It seems recent history is squarely on my side.

Based on that logic Shaziers hit on Gio that concussed him was a clean hit, Mike Mitchells head launching toward AJ Green was fair game, and Bens ankle twisting of a player when he was on the ground was all good. No dirty plays there. You should LOVE the Steelers if thats the case. 

So in order for something to be "dirty" it has to be flagged. Good to know. Got it. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 11:04 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: This is pathetic bullshit.  People arguing and name calling over whether Burfict should be suspended.  I'm quite frankly a little ashamed to be associated with some of the members on this board right now.  

The bottom line is that he plays 110%, hits hard and goes a little too far sometimes.  As for the trash talking, when I played football, it was a constant thing.  Burfict is a Bengal, and he's not the only player in the NFL to get a little too physical at times.  

Support your team!

Who is calling for Burfict to be suspended or banned? No one. 

Do some of us think Burfict is a dirty player sometimes and do we want him to change his ways so he ISNT suspended or banned? YES. 

People are completely misconstruing what is trying to be communicated. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 12:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Based on that logic Shaziers hit on Gio that concussed him was a clean hit, Mike Mitchells head launching toward AJ Green was fair game, and Bens ankle twisting of a player when he was on the ground was all good. No dirty plays there. You should LOVE the Steelers if thats the case. 

So in order for something to be "dirty" it has to be flagged. Good to know. Got it. 

You are really missing the point, which is very simple.  There is no more scrutinized player in the league.  The striped assholes watch him like a hawk, just itching to get rid of him.  If there was no flag thrown, it wasn't because they were doing him any favors.  How are you missing that?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 12:16 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Who is calling for Burfict to be suspended or banned? No one. 

Do some of us think Burfict is a dirty player sometimes and do we want him to change his ways so he ISNT suspended or banned? YES. 

People are completely misconstruing what is trying to be communicated. 

I don't think that's the case at all.  It's too simple to ever be misconstrued.  It's hate on Burfict, pure and simple, so stop trying to disguise it or call a spade a diamond.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Florio continues his campaign...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/vontaze-burficts-digital-footprint-shows-a-desire-to-inflict-injury-on-steelers-players/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 12:27 PM)pally Wrote: Florio continues his campaign...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/18/vontaze-burficts-digital-footprint-shows-a-desire-to-inflict-injury-on-steelers-players/

Rooney calls, Florio jumps.  End of story.   Like I'm gonna waste one microsecond reading that horse shit.

Reply/Quote

We almost didn't even play that game. 

Some of our players Parents demanded that their Coach provide Birth Certificates for about 4 of their players who were much bigger than most of us and looked 13 to 14 years old.

Our Coaches ended up just playing without them proving their age.

The Gooch and the guy over the left tackle likely had to be a few years older.

The Gooch played middle linebacker but they let him line up wherever he wanted. A lot of times he was right by his nose tackle who was over the center but he would line up everywhere.

Pee Wee football was actually a blast.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Steelers players and all their fans are whiny little bitches and will do anything to get Burfict out of the game so there's no one to hit them hard. 

Candy asses. loooooooool

Seems that everyone forgets about the early 70's and how the Steelers were the crybabies because Raiders played so rough.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote

He should be suspended for liking a tweet but a Steeler can threaten to kill the guy. Man F florio
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Would be a shame if someone did a historic review of the "bad blood", and included all of the dirty hits by Steelers versus Bengals, starting clear back with Kimo on Carson's knee and Ward on River's jaw and continuing through to the present day.  While Steeler sympathizers would universally declare it all as just "good hard football", pretty much anyone neutral on the topic might see it a bit lopsided with the Steelers being the culpable organization.

Edit: Heck, if you really want to take it back to the beginning, start back when Lambert spun Ken Anderson around by his facemask, like a helicopter..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 12:32 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Seems that everyone forgets about the early 70's and how the Steelers were the crybabies because Raiders played so rough.

Or when Chuck Knoll cried to Jerry Glanville after a game.....lol.  Nothing new here.

Reply/Quote