Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFC Championship Game
(01-29-2023, 07:44 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Have to be devastated if you are a Niners fan.

Work that damn hard to have a great second half of the season, and lay a total egg in the NFC Championship game.

Might as well have never flown out of SF and forfeited.

I guess. If we were stuck starting Jake Browning today I assume we'd hope for the best but not get too terribly down if we came up super short.  Whatcanyado?

Ha, that 49ers player punching at the ball like he's Von Kaiser was funny.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess. If we were stuck starting Jake Browning today I assume we'd hope for the best but not get too terribly down if we came up super short.  Whatcanyado?

Lol well yeah there is that. But still, must suck.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
That was a really stupid penalty. There’s trying to punch the ball out and then there is that stupidity. He wasn’t going to get the ball out punching it straight into the guys stomach and his momentum was stopped.

Frustrating for SF - 2 straight NFCG game L’s - oh well I hate SF so screw ‘em!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:50 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That was a really stupid penalty. There’s trying to punch the ball out and then there is that stupidity. He wasn’t going to get the ball out punching it straight into the guys stomach and his momentum was stopped.

Frustrating for SF - 2 straight NFCC game L’s - oh well I hate SF so screw ‘em!

Miracle run to even get here with a QB who way overperformed imo.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:50 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: That was a really stupid penalty. There’s trying to punch the ball out and then there is that stupidity. He wasn’t going to get the ball out punching it straight into the guys stomach and his momentum was stopped.

Frustrating for SF - 2 straight NFCG game L’s - oh well I hate SF so screw ‘em!

The pressure is on Trey Lance last year seeing how practically every QB they have has gotten them to the championship game or SB except him.
Reply/Quote
Not a good look for the Niners
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The pressure is on Trey Lance last year seeing how practically every QB they have has gotten them to the championship game or SB except him.

True and they gave up a lot to get him. I think they will be OK because Shanahan does a good job of not putting too much on his QBs and just tries to get to go their playmakers.

That is if Lance starts over Purdy - I think Purdy has earned the chance to be the starter.

And the game finally gets entertaining
Reply/Quote
Suspend the Philly people who ran on the field. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Suspensions for the SB?!
Reply/Quote
I would love it if this is what we do to KC lol
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:57 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: True and they gave up a lot to get him. I think they will be OK because Shanahan does a good job of not putting too much on his QBs and just tries to get to go their playmakers.  

That is if Lance starts over Purdy - I think Purdue earned the chance to be the starter.

Yea, the 49ers are the picture of team and coaching, but at the same time Purdy was getting it done as a starter.  7-0 before today, right?  That includes 2 playoff wins for Mr. Irrelevant and a rookie, no less.

With that being said, I could see him petering out as a full time starter and Lance taking over.  Purdy has earned the right to be the next Ryan Fitzpatrick, if nothing else.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:58 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Suspensions for the SB?!

Ha, that'd be like soccer.  Give 'em red cards and they'll be out the rest of the game and the next.
Reply/Quote
That Rhianna SB halftime promo makes me think the show will be Grinch-themed.
She looks like she should be in Whoville.
Reply/Quote
What a crappy game. It's good the Bengal's pregames have started. Time for another Bloody Mary!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The pressure is on Trey Lance last year seeing how practically every QB they have has gotten them to the championship game or SB except him.

True and they gave up a lot to get him. I think they will be OK because Shanahan does a good job of not putting too much on his QBs and just tries to get to go their playmakers.

That is if Lance starts over Purdy - I think Purdue earned the chance to be the starter.

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Von Kaiser

Nice
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 07:57 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not a good look for the Niners

I’m in Maryland so saw a lot about Washington and their players. Trent Williams is an excellent offensive lineman, but he will also fight at the drop of a hat. Like instantly sees a threat and it is green light for him. No barking, no jawing, just get physical.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Just to wrap it up for me, I like how Philly’s hero is a fictional character who can barely speak English.

Reply/Quote