Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Cutdown Targets for Bengals
Figured this would be a good place to group in all the cuts over the next 24 hours that make sense for the Bengals. If it needs to be moved to FA then please do, but with some being waiver claims instead of free agents wasn’t sure.

So far a couple that stand out to me are Tackle Tyrell Crosby from Detroit who could be a nice swing tackle upgrade over Fred Johnson. The other is Bendarick McKinney from Miami who just got there last year in a trade and is a quality starting linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 08:09 PM)Au165 Wrote: Figured this would be a good place to group in all the cuts over the next 24 hours that make sense for the Bengals. If it needs to be moved to FA then please do, but with some being waiver claims instead of free agents wasn’t sure.

So far a couple that stand out to me are Tackle Tyrell Crosby from Detroit who could be a nice swing tackle upgrade over Fred Johnson. The other is Bendarick McKinney from Miami who just got there last year in a trade and is a quality starting linebacker.

I would definitely take both Crosby and McKinney.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Dolphins also released C Matt Skura who might be worth a look as a potential backup

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I think McKinney would be a yes for me. With Crosby, it would depend upon his injury prognosis.
Reply/Quote
Curtis Weaver is a cut player I’d like the bengals look at.
Reply/Quote
If we were in the market for a physical, fast, 1st RD WR that can't catch we could look at Breshad Perriman, but I think we're set there.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 10:50 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we were in the market for a physical, fast, 1st RD WR that can't catch we could look at Breshad Perriman, but I think we're set there.

Perriman would bring something we currently don't have on the roster a receiver that'll take the top off the defense..
Reply/Quote
The Broncos waived rookie WR Seth Williams out of Auburn.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 08:37 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I think McKinney would be a yes for me. With Crosby, it would depend upon his injury prognosis.

Mckinney seems to be a injury risk from what i have read lately
Reply/Quote
We can have Shawn Williams back if we want

Reply/Quote
Isn’t McKinney more of that run stuffing 2 down thumper type of lb?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Browns cut undrafted rookie DT Marvin Wilson out of FSU. I know theres a log jam at DT though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Lions waiving Tavai . Would love to check him out. Former 2nd round LB.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:23 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: Perriman would bring something we currently don't have on the roster a receiver that'll take the top off the defense..

Among the 105 WRs with at least 100 receptions since 2016 Perryman ranks 105th in catch percentage.

Can't take the top off of anything if you can't catch he ball.  That is why he will be on his 5th team in 5 years.
Reply/Quote
Josh Bynes is back on the market after being released by the Panthers. I'd love to see him join the coaching staff

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 11:47 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Isn’t McKinney more of that run stuffing 2 down thumper type of lb?

He is a younger/faster version of Bynes which I am not opposed to having that skillset on the team. Before the last two years he could cover a bit but not sure what happened the last two years.
Reply/Quote
We could certainly use help at:

1) OT depth. Johnson looks bad as the 3rd tackle.
2) IOL. Everyone is mediocre.
3) TE. Ditto
4) LB. See IOL. Except worse. Wilson has flashed at least. The others?

A case could also be made for WR & CB.
Reply/Quote
it is being reported that Cam Newton has been released....new back up QB?

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 11:10 AM)pally Wrote: it is being reported that Cam Newton has been released....new back up QB?

Please no. One of my least favorite players in the Nfl.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 07:24 AM)Synric Wrote: Browns cut undrafted rookie DT Marvin Wilson out of FSU. I know theres a log jam at DT though.

Your boy Darius Stills is available..

Names I like:
Antonio Gandy-Golston
Javon Wims
Luke Willson

Reply/Quote