Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-28-2024, 06:36 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I mean, Huntley is 3-6 as a starter so it's not like he was helping them do much in games w/o Lamar anyway. I think we are starting to overreact to some of these departures lol.

Not a bad record for a backup QB honestly. That is a damn good team they fielded with Huntley at QB too, but losing McDonald
their DC could hurt that team a ton, not even mentioning losing 3 OL and the rest of the players they lost. Go ahead and ignore it.

Makes you seem like more of a Ravens fan than a Bengals fan to me. We need them to get worse to win the Division, they are still
the big dogs till we knock them down a notch.
Reply/Quote
I'd really love to pick up a bargain CB or IOL before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2024, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Not a bad record for a backup QB honestly. That is a damn good team they fielded with Huntley at QB too, but losing McDonald
their DC could hurt that team a ton, not even mentioning losing 3 OL and the rest of the players they lost. Go ahead and ignore it.

Makes you seem like more of a Ravens fan than a Bengals fan to me. We need them to get worse to win the Division, they are still
the big dogs till we knock them down a notch.

I mean, look at Browning's record. Or Flacco and Rudolph's. Lol if you're going to say what I mention/don't mention, why don't you actually read the thread....

Just because "we need them" to get worse, doesn't mean I'm going to overreact and pretend like every loss moves the needle. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 02:44 PM)Lucius Cincinnatus Wrote: I mean, look at Browning's record. Or Flacco and Rudolph's. Lol if you're going to say what I mention/don't mention, why don't you actually read the thread....

Just because "we need them" to get worse, doesn't mean I'm going to overreact and pretend like every loss moves the needle. 

The McDonald loss should move the needle, you don't get Defensive Coordinator's like him every day.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2024, 02:34 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I'd really love to pick up a bargain CB or IOL before the draft.

At this point, I am OK to see how the draft pans out. We can revisit after teams are forced to make cap casualty cuts after the draft. Normally a few very good players are cut increasing the FA pool of players.

We have cap space, so this is an asset. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 03:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The McDonald loss should move the needle, you don't get Defensive Coordinator's like him every day.

What, you mean that they can't just go to the Defensive Coordinator department at their local Costco and grab a new one??  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 04:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What, you mean that they can't just go to the Defensive Coordinator department at their local Costco and grab a new one??  Ninja

Yes, but only members can now get $1.50 hot dogs.  Ninja

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 06:31 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yes, but only members can now get $1.50 hot dogs.  Ninja

Ain't that some bullshit!
Reply/Quote
Surprised Boyd is still unsigned
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn’t be surprised if Boyd returns

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 08:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: I wouldn’t be surprised if Boyd returns

It would definitely help losing Tee if we trade him, which I'm keeping my crippled fingers crossed for both to happen.
Reply/Quote
Can’t see Boyd coming back. Gesicki averages about 60% of his snaps from the slot. And Boyd doesn’t have the ability to line up anywhere else.

Reply/Quote
FA has slowed down significantly. The money is drying up and my guess some vets are getting antsy for a contract.

I call this phase 2 until the draft.

Then phase 3 is where I think Bengals may get active again. I consider phase 3 after the draft and starting in June.

Reply/Quote
Dobbins in KC for a visit. Chiefs always looking to add pieces.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Dobbins in KC for a visit. Chiefs always looking to add pieces.

This is really a nothing move. Dobbins will almost certainly never regain the form of his rookie/college year.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 11:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: This is really a nothing move.   Dobbins will almost certainly never regain the form of his rookie/college year.

You can have your opinion, but I remember a long tenured RB named Frank Gore with major knee issues yet thrived for many years. He is still very young, had a lot of bad luck, but I read he is cleared to play in 2024 so he can work out him for them and get a complete physical.

Low risk and high reward type signing if Chiefs get him. 

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 01:18 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: You can have your opinion, but I remember a long tenured RB named Frank Gore with major knee issues yet thrived for many years. He is still very young, had a lot of bad luck, but I read he is cleared to play in 2024 so he can work him for them and get a complete physical.

Low risk and high reward type signing if Chiefs get him. 

Agreed. 

I mean, I'd swap Evans out for Dobbins in a heartbeat. 
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2024, 08:40 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Surprised Boyd is still unsigned

I'm not.

Continual declining production the past 5 seasons.
Turns 30 this November.
Very strong draft class.

If Boyd signs somewhere (which I do think he does), I think it will be after the draft at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 01:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not.

Continual declining production the past 5 seasons.
Turns 30 this November.
Very strong draft class.

If Boyd signs somewhere (which I do think he does), I think it will be after the draft at this point.

Saw today that the Chargers might be looking at him to help fill the void left by Keenan Allen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 11:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Dobbins in KC for a visit. Chiefs always looking to add pieces.

After the Dobbins visit the Chiefs resigned Clyde Edwards- Helaire

DJ didn't feel the love from the Bengals

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote