Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(04-03-2024, 12:24 PM)pally Wrote: And folks seem to think we would get a Kings ransom for Higgins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bills were in cap hell. Tee is younger and does not have the red flags Diggs has off the field.

I don't see a king's ransom, but no reason for us to trade Tee for an unproven late second round draft pick. The better move is to keep him and draft his replacement in round 1 this year.  Or at latest in round 2, trade up if we need to get our guy, we have the draft capital to move up in round 2. 

Chase
Higgins
(Mitchell or Thomas)
Jones
Yoshi
Irwin

Gesicki

It would be a tough group to defend. The great thing about Chase is he can play the slot as well as anyone in the NFL so 3 WR sets, Higgins + Rookie on outside + Chase in the slot. Or they could use Gesicki in the slot, 2 WR's to one side and 1 WR to the other.

We could create some major mismatches for any defense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 02:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Except Tee is 5 years younger and a good teammate.
In their minds, the Bills had to get rid of Diggs the Bengals don’t have to move Tee.
So they should be able to get a much better deal for Tee than the Bills got for Diggs.

Maybe, but Higgins isn't near the caliber of player Diggs is.

Also, the Texans have Diggs under contract for four more years, while who ever traded for Tee will have to immediately sign him to a big extension without actually seeing if he's a true WR1 or not.  
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 05:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Maybe, but Higgins isn't near the caliber of player Diggs is.

Also, the Texans have Diggs under contract for four more years, while who ever traded for Tee will have to immediately sign him to a big extension without actually seeing if he's a true WR1 or not.  

All true, hope the Bills know more than the Texans do and Diggs becomes a cancer to the Texans, otherwise it was a good move for them.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 05:44 PM)Whatever Wrote: Maybe, but Higgins isn't near the caliber of player Diggs is.

Texans voided last 3 years of contract as part of trade
Reply/Quote

May not be the player Diggs has been recently, but that’s not apples to apples

The first 4 years of their respective careers has been similar.

55 games, 442 targets, 302, 3453, 24
58 games, 403 targets - 257, 3684, 24

Diggs didnt truly take off until his 5th year. FWIW.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 07:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: May not be the player Diggs has been recently, but that’s not apples to apples

Thanks for the stats Bengalbug. Very similar, wild. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:24 PM)Nepa Wrote: Maybe. But the 2nd round pick they are getting is in 2025, not this draft. And their first-round pick this year is only the 28th, so the best WRs will be gone.  Btw, the Bills will be carrying 31 million dollars in dead money for Diggs this year. 

They would obviously have to trade up. They certainly need to do something. Diggs and Davis have now both left in the same offseason. And Curtis Samuel is their #1.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2024, 07:51 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: May not be the player Diggs has been recently, but that’s not apples to apples

Well, Kirk Cousins and being covered like a WR1 vs Joe Burrow and being covered like a WR2.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't mind bringing Peat (LG) in on deal similar to Trent Brown's.
Let Volson and Peat fight it out.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:22 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, Kirk Cousins and being covered like a WR1 vs Joe Burrow and being covered like a WR2.

Adam Theilen was no slouch back in those Minnesota days for Diggs. He even put up bigger numbers than Stefon Diggs for a few seasons. I feel like they probably ran the ball a ton more than we do, but I don't have anything to back that up though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:22 AM)Whatever Wrote: Well, Kirk Cousins and being covered like a WR1 vs Joe Burrow and being covered like a WR2.

lol, this isn’t true. Outside of injuries Adam thielen was the clear number 1 receiver in Minnesota.
Reply/Quote
La'el Collins to Bills on a 1 year deal.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 09:13 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: lol, this isn’t true.  Outside of injuries Adam thielen was the clear number 1 receiver in Minnesota.

Diggs became the #1 his rookie year and Thielen was a bench warmer with only 18 targets.  2nd year, 112 Targets for Diggs vs 92 for Thielen.  Year 3, Thielen surpassed Diggs in Targets, and he had a 4 Target edge in Year 4, but Diggs missed 2 games.  Year 5 was Diggs by a wide margin, but Thielen missed 6 games.  You can really only claim that one year Thielen was the WR1.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 01:43 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I wouldn't mind bringing Peat (LG) in on deal similar to Trent Brown's.
Let Volson and Peat fight it out.

Yup. Or dalton risner if he’s still available. 1 veteran for competition and quality depth

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 12:30 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: La'el Collins to Bills on a 1 year deal.

Nice move for the Bills finally. I was for bringing back La'el before the Trent Brown signing. Now we need a somewhat early draft pick 
to learn from Trent.

(04-05-2024, 12:50 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Yup.  Or dalton risner if he’s still available.  1 veteran for competition and quality depth

Nice, Andrus Peat or Dalton Risner to compete with Cordell would be very nice to have for depth and just plain competition.

BTW, is Connor Williams still out there?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 01:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice move for the Bills finally. I was for bringing back La'el before the Trent Brown signing. Now we need a somewhat early draft pick 
to learn from Trent.

Nice, Andrus Peat or Dalton Risner to compete with Cordell would be very nice to have for depth and just plain competition.

BTW, is Connor Williams still out there?

Yep. With the Dec. knee injury when/if he'll be ready is a serious question. But a discounted deal and having him here next year would be something I'd consider. 86.5 pff and C/G versatility is not a joke. 

Like you, I'd love a moderate IOL signing pre-draft. Or CB. 

But it looks like we may be waiting until after. 

CB: Gilmore, Nelson, Howard, Jackson, Witherspoon. 

IOL: C. Williams, Risner, Peat.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 01:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Yep. With the Dec. knee injury when/if he'll be ready is a serious question. But a discounted deal and having him here next year would be something I'd consider. 86.5 pff and C/G versatility is not a joke. 

Like you, I'd love a moderate IOL signing pre-draft. Or CB. 

But it looks like we may be waiting until after. 

CB: Gilmore, Nelson, Howard, Jackson, Witherspoon. 

IOL: C. Williams, Risner, Peat.

Awesome, Connor Williams is an excellent player when healthy albeit I am a little tentative with knee injuries and OL, but it happens.

Those are a lot of nice options if they are around after the Draft.
Reply/Quote
Dolphins are signing Teair Tart.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2024, 04:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Dolphins are signing Teair Tart.

Teair Tart signing with Dolphins after interest from Bengals - Cincy Jungle
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
Thought Tart was gone the moment he left. No surprise. We will see if he has locker problems with the Fins.
Reply/Quote