Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(04-02-2024, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote: After the Dobbins visit the Chiefs resigned Clyde Edwards- Helaire

DJ didn't feel the love from the Bengals

The Bengals aren't into older men...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 05:35 PM)pally Wrote: After the Dobbins visit the Chiefs resigned Clyde Edwards- Helaire

DJ didn't feel the love from the Bengals

I wish DJ Reader all the best. He was a great Bengal for a short amount of time. As for Dobbins not signing with the Chiefs, makes me wonder if the used Dobbins as leverage to Clyde Edwards-Helaire on a team friendly deal. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

Buffalo has to be going for one of the top WR’s in the draft.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Buffalo has to be going for one of the top WR’s in the draft.

Worked our pretty good for the Vikings when they did the same thing.

Diggs seems to be a malcontent. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote

Return seems light.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
Return seems light.

And folks seem to think we would get a Kings ransom for Higgins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2024, 05:42 PM)jason Wrote: The Bengals aren't into older men...

Reader is 29. 

Rankins is 29 (a smidge older). 

Bell is 29 (a half year younger). 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:24 PM)pally Wrote: And folks seem to think we would get a Kings ransom for Higgins

Yep. That is why he isn't going anywhere. 

His trade value is at or near a comp pick. His salary is at or below market value. And his production would be unlikely to be replaced easily, if at all.
Reply/Quote
Texans going to be a problem, but Bills not getting anything in 2024 is a level of desperation to move him that the Bengals don't have with Higgins.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
It’s why the bengals hold the cards here. He stays and plays well (hopefully) or we they get an offer to their liking

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Texans going to be a problem, but Bills not getting anything in 2024 is a level of desperation to move him that the Bengals don't have with Higgins.

Bills are what happen when you manage the Cap very poorly.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bills are what happen when you manage the Cap very poorly.

Not really, they built a team that they felt could get them a Superbowl trophy, and they were very close to playing in the Superbowl.  A couple of breaks this way or that way, they might have achieved that goal. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bills are what happen when you manage the Cap very poorly.

We will have to face the same type of decisions in the coming years, it's just part of the deal when you're paying a QB this type of money. In general, I don't think it's bad business to move on from a soon to be 31 year old WR that has 27M+ cap hits the next 3 years. They went for a Super Bowl with him, got close, and are moving on from him. 

In my opinion, keeping him around would be managing the cap worse than trading him. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Buffalo has to be going for one of the top WR’s in the draft.

Maybe. But the 2nd round pick they are getting is in 2025, not this draft. And their first-round pick this year is only the 28th, so the best WRs will be gone.  Btw, the Bills will be carrying 31 million dollars in dead money for Diggs this year. 
Reply/Quote
Sort of surprised they're moving on from their one true WR1 without his immediate replacement already rostered, picking so late in the draft. Maybe they saw enough out of their 12-personnel and their running game in 2023 to make this choice. Maybe didn't want to deal with the locker room / team drama anymore?
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:34 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: Sort of surprised they're moving on from their one true WR1 without his immediate replacement already rostered, picking so late in the draft. Maybe they saw enough out of their 12-personnel and their running game in 2023 to make this choice. Maybe didn't want to deal with the locker room / team drama anymore?

I think it was Drama driven.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:49 PM)jj22 Wrote: Texans going to be a problem, but Bills not getting anything in 2024 is a level of desperation to move him that the Bengals don't have with Higgins.

and they are eating $31 million in dead money on top of that

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 01:37 PM)depthchart Wrote: I think it was Drama driven.

They have been trying to move him all off-season. I don't think they expected to lose Gabe Davis. My guess is that the drama ran him off as well. 
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 12:24 PM)pally Wrote: And folks seem to think we would get a Kings ransom for Higgins

Except Tee is 5 years younger and a good teammate.
In their minds, the Bills had to get rid of Diggs the Bengals don’t have to move Tee.
So they should be able to get a much better deal for Tee than the Bills got for Diggs.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2024, 02:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Except Tee is 5 years younger and a good teammate.
In their minds, the Bills had to get rid of Diggs the Bengals don’t have to move Tee.
So they should be able to get a much better deal for Tee than the Bills got for Diggs.

Agree, Tee ain't no Stefon that is for sure. Don't care if he wasn't happy for the Tag, he won't sulk playing on it. He may play not to get hurt
but he still would be better to keep in case we don't get a top 5 WR in this Draft. The Bills were desperate in getting rid of Diggs clearly to go
for a deal like that while eating 30+ million.

I am still for trading Tee as long as we can get a decent replacement for cheaper who can get around 700-800 yards and 6 or 7 TD's though.

It would be best for all involved, Tee included. I don't think Tee would like getting Tagged 2 years in a row at all and find it unlikely.
Reply/Quote