Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
LOL

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: And as talented as Henry was, he could fall off at any minute and that injury to Chubb was bad last year against them stealers.

Anything can happen, but we need to bring back DJ Reader, him being on the tread mill running sealed that for me.

Henry has been a sub 4.5ypc back for the last 3 years. He's nothing more than a volume back now and that continued volume will break him down faster at his age.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:58 PM)depthchart Wrote: Henry has been getting FOCUSED on by Defenses his whole career.

Now defenses have to worry about Lamar (and whether or not Lamar will give Henry the ball or maybe Lamar will run himself)

When both are healthy and on the field it won't be easy for any defense.

It certainly won't. 
Reply/Quote
Interesting.. right?
Reply/Quote
This tweet from the Bengals front office sounds very optimistic for some some good signing(s) coming up. Just posted recently, too.

Very good sign. VERY interesting.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: But they won't both stay healthy.  History is against them.  Henry has feasted off the weak defenses in the AFC South for years, and now he comes to the AFC North, where he won't last 6 games before he limps off.

I think people just like predicting DoOm!!!!!

Lol oh yea, wait until he runs into the big bad Bengals run defense lol. The Browns had the 11th best run defense, the Steelers had the 19th best run defense, and we had the 26th ranked run defense. If you look at YPC, it's even worse. We had the 31st best YPC allowed, the Steelers had the 21st best YPC allowed, and the Browns had the 19th best YPC allowed
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:42 PM)pulses Wrote: They had better be signing Trent Brown.

In another month Brown will be 31 years old.  In his last 5 NFL seasons he has been injured in 4 of them missing 30 games total in those 4 seasons.    I dont think you can count on a 31 year old Trent Brown staying healthy. 
Reply/Quote
Are they not allowed to tweet out that they have signed outside guys? Is that why they made that tweet?

I see the agreement info on the main page though. But don’t have Twitter so I can’t see if they have been tweeting out all these moves we already know about. Or if teller have something else in the works
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:07 PM)Trademark Wrote: I am actually scared

Somehow, that's not surprising.  Ninja  It'll be alright, good things are going to happen.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Well they tried.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: This tweet from the Bengals front office sounds very optimistic for some some good signing(s) coming up. Just posted recently, too.

Very good sign. VERY interesting.

Hopefully its Reader.  We need him.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: This tweet from the Bengals front office sounds very optimistic for some some good signing(s) coming up.

Bengals social media has become very entertaining over the past 2-3 years. Went from being one of the lamest to one of the absolute best.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:11 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: In another month Brown will be 31 years old.  In his last 5 NFL seasons he has been injured in 4 of them missing 30 games total in those 4 seasons.    I dont think you can count on a 31 year old Trent Brown staying healthy. 

He's better than anything else that's on the market unless they're gonna trade for an OT or bring back Lael Collins.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:12 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Are they not allowed to tweet out that they have signed outside guys? Is that why they made that tweet?

I see it on the main page. But don’t have Twitter so I can’t see if they have been tweeting out all these moves we already know about. Or if teller have something else in the works

I think it means they are VERY close to some agreement, but still have an "i" to dot or "t" to cross before can announce it.

VERY exciting to look forward to.
Reply/Quote
The way social media is reacting if it's not Tee for JJ then there's going to be great disappointment around the NFL social media world....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:13 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Bengals social media has become very entertaining over the past 2-3 years. Went from being one of the lamest to one of the absolute best.

Teams can't say anything until free agency opens which is tommorrow.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:21 PM)jj22 Wrote: Armstead a Lion.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/amik-robertson-agrees-to-two-year-deal-with-lions

Another one bites the dust
Another one bites the dust
And another one gone, and another one gone
Another one bites the dust (yeah)
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:15 PM)jj22 Wrote: The way social media is reacting if it's not Tee for JJ then there's going to be great disappointment around the NFL social media world....

No one really thinks that's a reality right?
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:14 PM)pulses Wrote: He's better than anything else that's on the market unless they're gonna trade for an OT or bring back Lael Collins.

No doubt he is good when he is healthy.  The problem is can he stay healthy.  I dont know what the answer is but I dont think they can count on an unproven RT in the draft to be the starter.  They may have to wait until cuts are made and grab a starting RT then.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Teams can't say anything until free agency opens which is tommorrow.

I see. So it's just leaks and agents and players at this time. 

Way to stick a pin in the balloon of excitement for an inevitable, big signing coming up.
Reply/Quote