Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***NFL Free Agency News & Signings Thread***
(03-13-2024, 02:10 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Having a personnel department with only 5 people while every other team in our division has 25 or more is a problem.  Being cheap on guarantees is a problem.

This Mixon example is not a good one.   
- We have no idea if they tried to shop Mixon or not, so that is one thing.
- Teams dont normally shop older vets for 7th round picks.
- We announced that we would be cutting Mixon and the Texans were losing in the Henry FA battle and jumped in with the offer before we did the cut.

They did nothing wrong in this case.

Now you want to discuss the major impact of the recent bad drafts?  Those would be more applicable.

I would not call last years draft a bad draft... 1st every player made the team which is a bit rare especially on a good team.. Robbins under performed but i did not see a bust after 1st year for any player. 2022 had some struggles but not horrible, 2021 was bad draft outside of Chase...2020 was an excellent draft
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 02:10 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Having a personnel department with only 5 people while every other team in our division has 25 or more is a problem.  Being cheap on guarantees is a problem.

This Mixon example is not a good one.   
- We have no idea if they tried to shop Mixon or not, so that is one thing.
- Teams dont normally shop older vets for 7th round picks.
- We announced that we would be cutting Mixon and the Texans were losing in the Henry FA battle and jumped in with the offer before we did the cut.

They did nothing wrong in this case.

Now you want to discuss the major impact of the recent bad drafts?  Those would be more applicable.

They weren’t releasing Mixon until they had Moss. I’m sure if teams were interested earlier and they could have got a better pick. But teams were waiting on teams to release players. The market quickly changed.. Personally JMO I don’t they had made the decision for sure to cut him. Had Mike Brown known he’d have made them much sooner.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Some idea of the contracts handed out so far this free agency:

Chris Jones of the Kansas City Chiefs is now the highest-paid defensive tackle ($31.7 million) and will be getting the highest amount of guarantees for a DT ($101 million).

Christian Wilkins of the Las Vegas Raiders is now the third-highest paid defensive tackle ($28 million) and will get the second-highest amount of guarantees for a DT ($82.7 million).

Robert Hunt of the Carolina Panthers is now the second-highest paid guard ($21 million) and the second-highest paid offensive lineman in guaranteed money ($63 million).

Brian Burns of the New York Giants is now the third-highest paid edge rusher ($30 million).

Andre James of the Las Vegas Raiders is now the fifth-highest paid center ($12.5 million).

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39624174/2024-nfl-free-agency-tracker-updates-signings-trades-cuts-contracts
Reply/Quote
Texans have been really active. They have added so far DE Danielle Hunter, RB Joe Mixon, LB Azeez Al-Shaair, DL Denico Autry, DL Foley Fatukasi, CB Jeff Okudah, and punter Tommy Townsend.
Reply/Quote
They’d better pull off something noteworthy. Soon. Haven’t addressed either side of the LOS.

The Stone signing was great, Moss for Mixon is a decent improvement, Gesicki might be useful, but not close to enough.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:16 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: They’d better pull off something noteworthy. Soon. Haven’t addressed either side of the LOS.

The Stone signing was great, Moss for Mixon is a decent improvement, Gesicki might be useful, but not close to enough.

And there are a lot of Bengals players getting subtracted or potentially getting subtracted, such as Reader and Williams and Awuzie. So, yes, the Bengals need to do something noteworthy today. They were near the top in cap money.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:20 AM)Nepa Wrote: And there are a lot of Bengals players getting subtracted or potentially getting subtracted, such as Reader and Williams and Awuzie. So, yes, the Bengals need to do something noteworthy today. They were near the top in cap money.

Bengals don't really restructure their contracts whereas other teams do in order to free up more cap, but Bengals still in Top 5-10 in remaining cap.
Spotrac has Stone's cap hit this year at $6 mill.
They have Moss's at $3 mill.
Spotrac has their remaining cap at $47 mill including the above two guys, but it does not factor in Gesicki's $3.25 mill, Sample's 3-year $10.5 mill deal, or Trayveon Williams's contract.
That still will likely keep the Bengals around $40 mill in cap thanks to displacement of the minimum contract amounts for the bottom guys like Jaxson Kirkland.

They have the money to not only add a solid NT and RT, but they should have plenty left over for extensions and the draft too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:20 AM)Nepa Wrote: And there are a lot of Bengals players getting subtracted or potentially getting subtracted, such as Reader and Williams and Awuzie. So, yes, the Bengals need to do something noteworthy today. They were near the top in cap money.

I imagine we will have some signings to announce over the next 2 days (outside the ones we are aware of)
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 10:16 AM)Nepa Wrote: Texans have been really active. They have added so far DE Danielle Hunter, RB Joe Mixon, LB Azeez Al-Shaair, DL Denico Autry, DL Foley Fatukasi, CB Jeff Okudah, and punter Tommy Townsend.

They're pushing the chips in while Stroud is on that rookie deal.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The story of this year's FA, so far, has been the number of RB's switching teams.
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping to see some movement on the DT front today. We need to sign DJ Reader, no matter the cost. We have a void in our defense that no other player in free agency can fill at this point.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Some Charger Players should shake free today as if the site is correct they are 24 mil over the cap
Reply/Quote
Got to wait and see, so far pretty boring but that’s okay.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Some Charger Players should shake free today as if the site is correct they are 24 mil over the cap

We can take Joey Bosa off their hands. 
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:38 AM)Nepa Wrote: We can take Joey Bosa off their hands. 

He's started a grand total of 9 games the past two seasons, and appeared in a total of 14.  I think that his time may have passed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:41 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He's started a grand total of 9 games the past two seasons, and appeared in a total of 14.  I think that his time may have passed.

What about K Mack

someone to help tackle all these RBs in the ACFN
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:42 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: What about K Mack

someone to help tackle all these RBs in the ACFN

He would definitely improve the DL, 21 TFL to go along with 17 sacks, 2nd team All-Pro. I'd miss Hubbard, but not for long..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 01:23 AM)CottonHill Wrote: You are part of the problem bro. This franchise has never won a Super Bowl….not one. We have had a great few years and now the FO has all the cushion they need from the fans and media in the city to do whatever and not get criticized. Loser mentality.
Where I come from it’s championship or try harder next year. Learn to expect more

You are insulting very good posters in this forum.

Let's examine the situation. Bengals were going cut Mixon thus getting nothing in return. Then, they trade him and get something. Yet, you want to attack the FO.

There is not a fan in this forum wanting an unsuccessful team. 

Here is a fact, your knee jerk reactions prior to the first day of signing is over the top.

Let's revisit all of this when pre-season starts and evaluate FA and the draft (off season). 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 11:34 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Some Charger Players should shake free today as if the site is correct they are 24 mil over the cap

I saw that as well. They need to restructure multiple deals or cut Mack, Bosa or Mie Williams. My money is Mike Williams is cut. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote