Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network Says Marvin Will Be Fired!
I was half-asleep, but NFL Network said that Marvin is likely to be fired.

They acknowledged that Mike Brown is a tight ass and doesn't like to pay coaches or players if they're with the team (which I thought was hilarious that even they're saying he's a tight ass), but that Marvin's contract was a one year deal with a TEAM OPTION for a second year, meaning that Mike can let him go without paying him anything.

I do fear that he'll do something stupid like just promote Hue (who I think isn't a much better head coach than Marvin) or sign a shitty coach.

Marvin, I appreciate that you brought us some winning seasons when this franchise was known as a joke, but it's time to move on.

The writing appears to be on the wall!
Reply/Quote
If Hue becomes coach I’m turning in my fandom. I can’t stand Hue
Reply/Quote
I can't remember which game I was watching last week, but the commentators mentioned the possibility of Hue Jackson taking the reigns. One of the commentators quipped that only 15 people would go to games.

I'm not sure how anyone can think hiring Hue is a good move. People might be willing to dismiss his record in Cleveland as front-office dysfunction, but his former players have shitted on Hue over the last few weeks When there';s smoke, there's fire.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: If Hue becomes coach I’m turning in my fandom. I can’t stand Hue

Same.  If Hue is our next coach, it's on to college football for me.  I'll be back when he gets fired.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I don't believe this Hue Jackson stuff for a single min. If anything he may be an option for offensive coordinator while I think Simmons may be front-runner to be next HC

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:50 PM)Trademark Wrote: If Hue becomes coach I’m turning in my fandom. I can’t stand Hue

This seems extreme, but I’ll have a hard time with it as well.

I think it’s happening though.

Reply/Quote
Who knows? Maybe Brown will shock the world and hire a really good HC.

Yeah , that would be a shocking and since it's the last thing I expect to happen it'll probably happen  .. No? Well you never really know what old guys with dementia are going to do. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:54 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: I can't remember which game I was watching last week, but the commentators mentioned the possibility of Hue Jackson taking the reigns. One of the commentators quipped that only 15 people would go to games.

I'm not sure how anyone can think hiring Hue is a good move. People might be willing to dismiss his record in Cleveland as front-office dysfunction, but his former players have shitted on Hue over the last few weeks When there';s smoke, there's fire.

There might only be 15 people in the stands today. If I lived in Cincinnati, I sure wouldn’t go. If not for Driskel playing today I may not have been turning in my tv.

Reply/Quote
Throw Urban Meyer's name into the rumor mill. There are reports he may be out next year at OSU.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:18 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Throw Urban Meyer's name into the rumor mill. There are reports he may be out next year at OSU.

I don’t think he ever coaches again once he leaves OSU.

Reply/Quote
Stop listening to this garbage. Every year they say he’s getting canned and he never does. Just stop.
Reply/Quote
How soon we forget last year :

[Image: 2gtcb5k.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Marvin will never... ever... EVER... be fired.

The only way he moves on is if he wants to. And I think Marvin knows damn well he’ll never be an NFL head coach again if/when he leaves Cincinnati.

Marvin will be here for a long-ass time Whatever
Reply/Quote
The fact that 2019 is technically an option year for Marvin would be more interesting if the owner was anyone other than Mike. 
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Marvin will never... ever... EVER... be fired.

The only way he moves on is if he wants to. And I think Marvin knows damn well he’ll never be an NFL head coach again if/when he leaves Cincinnati.

Marvin will be here for a long-ass time Whatever

I actually think he will be gone soon, and by soon I mean end of this year or next. (So not soon enough)but I do agree that it will be his decision. We will never read or hear reports on Monday morning stating that Marvin Lewis has been fired. Ever.

Reply/Quote
Except if it is indeed a team option for year two he would not be technically fired, he would simply not be brought back. Mikey would call it an amicable parting.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: I don't believe this Hue Jackson stuff for a single min.  If anything he may be an option for offensive coordinator while I think Simmons may be front-runner to be next HC

I don't really have anything against Simmons, but he's been here 16 years just like Marvin. 

I just think this organization needs a fresh face, a new voice and a different approach...and it needs to come from outside...someone who's has nothing to do with the past 16 years. 

I don't think Marvin is going anywhere next year, but when he eventually does, I really hope they go with an outside hire.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 01:35 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Except if it is indeed a team option for year two he would not be technically fired, he would simply not be brought back. Mikey would call it an amicable parting.

IDK. Mike has had 2 chances to part ways with Marvin without owing him a dime - after 2010 and 2017 - and he couldn't bring himself to do it.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2018, 12:48 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was half-asleep, but NFL Network said that Marvin is likely to be fired.

They acknowledged that Mike Brown is a tight ass and doesn't like to pay coaches or players if they're with the team (which I thought was hilarious that even they're saying he's a tight ass), but that Marvin's contract was a one year deal with a TEAM OPTION for a second year, meaning that Mike can let him go without paying him anything.

I do fear that he'll do something stupid like just promote Hue (who I think isn't a much better head coach than Marvin) or sign a shitty coach.

Marvin, I appreciate that you brought us some winning seasons when this franchise was known as a joke, but it's time to move on.

The writing appears to be on the wall!

I am with the vast majority who thinks we need a new HC, thought that last year as well.

But, if ML figures out a way to get an injury riddled team into the playoffs, then it becomes up for debate again. I don't see ML doing leading team to playoffs from 5-6 position, but if he did I may rethink my position.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Deja vue all over again.

How many times have we heard this? I'll believe it when it actually happens.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote