13 29.55%
22.73%
10 22.73%
Total 44 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Schedule Release
(05-15-2024, 09:55 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Indeed: this is not bad, save for the 3 games in 11 days at the end of the season.

Looks like I won't be able to make it down though for any games (again) and the Dallas game being on Monday ain't gonna work.

Ugh ?

Booo! They're moving the Skyline in Covington right down the block to a recently closed Frisch's and i was all ready to treat you to some 4 ways and coneys!

Not too stressed about the last 3 cause i'm looking to rest guys up in the season finale with a top 2 playoff spot wrapped up.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 09:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I can't see a single thing to complain about with that schedule. 

I don't like that we only play the Panthers once. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Extra days both before and after the trip to Los Angeles. That is a pleasant surprise.

Not crazy about Thursday night games because of potential for injuries on such a short turnaround. But the viewing experience is great in terms of having the entire focus of the NFL on the game.
Reply/Quote
Short weeks for two divisional opponents is lame
Reply/Quote
3 games in 10 days including 2 road games after the bye sucks...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Just noticed the Ravens and Browns are on Thursdays on short weeks, but I think those are the only games I don't like. Luckily, we play the Titans and Vikings on the weeks prior, which shouldn't be too bad, although the Titans could be tough.

The end of December will be rough, so we need to go in there with a good record.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 09:16 PM)tBengal Wrote: Week 12 bye week before Pittsburgh

(05-15-2024, 09:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not a super bad schedule. 5 Primetime games. Bye after 11 games. 2 out of last 3 at home.

(05-15-2024, 09:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No early divisional games. Nice.

This sounds pretty damn great to me. Smirk
Reply/Quote
I was in the minority picking 5 prime time games. What is our prize?

Only 9 of us so I am sure something wonderful. Ninja
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I am pretty pleased.

Late bye. Only 4 short weeks (two Thursdays and and two Mondays).

The short weeks before the Thursday nighters (at Ravens and Browns) are the Raiders & at Tennessee. Do that is fairly doable. It sucks to have 2 division games on short rest, but the Ravens & Browns are in the same boat, so it will be equal footing. Browns have the Chiefs the Sunday before our Thur. Ravens have the Broncos.

After our Monday nighter vs Washington we travel to Carolina. That is nice.

After going to Dallas on Monday, we have Tenn, then the Thur nighter. 3 games in 13 days stinks, but it is only 1 day short of normal, and is shortly after our bye. And we get 10 days before Denver and then a normal week for the last one.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 02:02 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am pretty pleased.

The short weeks before the Thursday nighters (at Ravens and Browns) are the Raiders & at Tennessee. Do that is fairly doable. It sucks to have 2 division games on short rest, but the Ravens & Browns are in the same boat, so it will be equal footing. Browns have the Chiefs the Sunday before our Thur. Ravens have the Broncos.

After going to Dallas on Monday, we have Tenn, then the Thur nighter. 3 games in 13 days stinks, but it is only 1 day short of normal, and is shortly after our bye. And we get 10 days before Denver and then a normal week for the last one.

Agreed. Add to a schedule where the Bengals are one of the teams that travel the least during the season and have plenty of days off both before and after their West Coast trip to Los Angeles. And playing some teams that were last in their divisions last year.

On paper, a realistic opportunity to end up first in division and with home playoff games. 
Reply/Quote
If there was ever a time to get off to a fast start, it’s this year. There is absolutely no reason we should start worse than 4-2.
Reply/Quote
It should be a crime to have to play 3 games in 10 days. That is ridiculous.

Also, I like how soft our schedule is early. Sets us up for a fast start.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Anyone see the Steelers schedule? Hilarious, although look out for their typical bullshit in each game 1 of their AFCN matchups knowing they’ll have to turn right around and play each team again.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 09:21 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Anyone see the Steelers schedule? Hilarious, although look out for their typical bullshit in each game 1 of their AFCN matchups knowing they’ll have to turn right around and play each team again.

Brutal after week 11. If they are not over .500 headed into that stretch, they are likely toast.
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 02:02 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I am pretty pleased.

I am as well and agree with you Ike. There might be a few tough games for various reasons but even then, they even out with our 
Division rivals having it just as tough or tougher. The biggest thing to me is getting the bye late to go with our Division so we can 
prepare for them while hopefully having a very good record. This starting out injured and playing our Division have been death knolls 
to our chances at getting the #1 seed

We get to play the Chiefs in week 2. I know it is in their place, but we have shown we can beat them there with a healthy Burrow 
and this gives us some real urgency early in the season having to face the Champs.
Reply/Quote
(05-15-2024, 10:01 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Booo! They're moving the Skyline in Covington right down the block to a recently closed Frisch's and i was all ready to treat you to some 4 ways and coneys!

Not too stressed about the last 3 cause i'm looking to rest guys up in the season finale with a top 2 playoff spot wrapped up.

It might piss my wife off, but next year should be much more feasible: had to take a bunch of days off this year for car-related things and the company that took over ours is not in the same realm of leniency (I need to book 2 hours off if I need it, whereas at the my prior CU, I could leave 3 hours early if I wanted to and not only did it not have to be booked, normally it was ok not to make it up. Could only do this in legit situations though, like car trouble) and I'm down to 5 days left for the year, at least 4 of which, I'm using to go fishing with my dad (season is shortened because he will be out of the country for a month, during fishing season).

Also am booking a trip to Guatemala for 4 days to fish, for my dad's 70th bday in 2 years, so the funds I would need for a game, I need for a deposit for the trip.

Sights set on 2025!

EDIT* And I'll take endless coneys, please! Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals start slow again despite playing the Patriots, Commanders, and Panthers (the 3 worst teams in the NFL last year) in their first 4 games, we will collectively need to stop making excuses and have a real conversation about Zac Taylor preparing his teams to start the season (6-11-1 in Sept). No reason to start this season any worse than 3-1, even if Browning is in there.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 02:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: If the Bengals start slow again despite playing the Patriots, Commanders, and Panthers (the 3 worst teams in the NFL last year) in their first 4 games, we will collectively need to stop making excuses and have a real conversation about Zac Taylor preparing his teams to start the season (6-11-1 in Sept). No reason to start this season any worse than 3-1, even if Browning is in there.

I'd throw out the first two years, simply because it's not the same team we had now, not to mention the best game we played until the Jets game in '19, was indeed week 1.

Also should've won Week 1 in '20 and could've won week 2 in '20 as well.

I'm not at all saying it isn't something to be concerned about, but definitely saying that is is overblown.

All that said though, I think we indeed go 4-2 or better, in the first 6 games.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 09:21 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Anyone see the Steelers schedule? Hilarious, although look out for their typical bullshit in each game 1 of their AFCN matchups knowing they’ll have to turn right around and play each team again.

I LOVE IT!

The NFL finally stopped kissing their ass! It sounds like they know that Burrow's the new star of the division and the moneymaker!
Reply/Quote
(05-16-2024, 03:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I'd throw out the first two years, simply because it's not the same team we had now, not to mention the best game we played until the Jets game in '19, was indeed week 1.

Also should've won Week 1 in '20 and could've won week 2 in '20 as well.

I'm not at all saying it isn't something to be concerned about, but definitely saying that is is overblown.

All that said though, I think we indeed go 4-2 or better, in the first 6 games.

coming out slow has been a theme in this era hopefully they can fix that.,    Era being Zac so all years count
Reply/Quote