Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Naming Rights
(07-20-2022, 07:10 PM)Au165 Wrote: The why to me is fascinating with the timing not being coincidental in my mind. This does seem directly related to needing additional cash potentially for large signing bonuses coming soon (Burrow/Chase/Higgins).

It's being speculated that it has more to do with the proposed stadium upgrades to help offset the cost to taxpayers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:11 AM)Wyche Wrote: Ultafiber....they were mentioned as a definite possibility on Mike McConnell this morning.
that would make a ton of Sense for them to market their new name...  And with a currently HOT team
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: that would make a ton of Sense for them to market their new name...  And with a currently HOT team

Yessir, my thoughts as well. 

Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 08:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I hope they only sell the field name rights....

And they sell it to Jungle Jim (not likely)

But P&G or Kroger Field @ PBS doesnt sound so bad

i understand its to help fund the 500 mil in renovations that are needed

Kroger Field = University of Kentucky.. not happening.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:16 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: It's being speculated that it has more to do with the proposed stadium upgrades to help offset the cost to taxpayers.

I've only seen that speculation come from PFT, followed by Florio stating it is because of how cheap the Brown family is.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 02:35 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals' recent deal with Kettering Health to be the team's health partner, included naming rights to the practice fields.  Whether it includes naming the practice bubble itself is not public yet.  Selling naming rights, is one way for the Bengals to raise cash.  I don't see them renaming the stadium at least while Mike Brown is alive.  I can picture however, one day, the team playing on P&G Field at Paul Brown Stadium

I would love to see "Amazon Field at Paul Brown Stadium"...even more jungle theme.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2022, 09:05 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Won't happen until Mike passes away.  For our sake I hope it doesn't get sold.... the Steelers new name is God Awful. 

That's a perfect name for them...
Reply/Quote
Yeah we about to spend big money on Burrow and Chase. Not sure about Tee. Logan and Jonah potentially next. With Burrows future contract sacrifices will have to be made
Reply/Quote
ULTRAFIBER FIELD? Seriously? How terrible is that? Sounds like a diaper or feminine product brand.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2022, 09:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I've only seen that speculation come from PFT, followed by Florio stating it is because of how cheap the Brown family is.

It was being tossed around on WLW Tuesday or Wednesday morning on Mike McConnell, then with Seg Dennis and the afternoon guys. That's where I heard it.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 01:58 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: ULTRAFIBER FIELD? Seriously? How terrible is that? Sounds like a diaper or feminine product brand.

It’s Altafiber.

Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s Altafiber.

Just as bad!
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 10:19 AM)Graphicguy Wrote: Just as bad!

you dont like fast internet?
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2022, 11:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s Altafiber.

Sounds like something you put in your coffee when you're backed up..... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2022, 02:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Another move that gets me excited that we're becoming a modern franchise! 

Right on, small things like this end up being fun news. It shows the Bengals are hopefully continuing steps in the right direction as a modern franchise in professional sports.
Reply/Quote
Here to announce that since I did not win the Mega Millions lottery the Bengals will not be playing in "The Toast Hole" next year.
Reply/Quote
(07-28-2022, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here to announce that since I did not win the Mega Millions lottery the Bengals will not be playing in "The Toast Hole" next year.

You still have tomorrow night! You could call it the Toaster
Reply/Quote
Bengals were denied permission for temporary signage on PBS due to some zoning code. Next step is applying for a variance which is likely to be granted. They just have to go in front of the zoning commission first. Regardless, it does sound like they have a deal in place if things are this far

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I suspect the naming rights is about cash flow. They will need cash flow in order to be able to put huge sums of cash in escrow for contract guarantees. Read up on the NFLs Funding Rule on contracts and it becomes more apparent.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2022, 07:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: I suspect the naming rights is about cash flow. They will need cash flow in order to be able to put huge sums of cash in escrow for contract guarantees. Read up on the NFLs Funding Rule on contracts and it becomes more apparent.

That’s what Mike Brown said last week at the media lunch

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote