Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Chili sponsor

To quote the end of Kill Bill Vol 2:

“and all is right in the jungle”
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Damn, and I was hoping that they were going to be bold, and make a move to BA brand chili. (And I'm not talking about Blue Ash..)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
If I see one more freakin' Skyline commercial where everybody at the table has a smile on their face like they just won the lottery I'm going to puke.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:18 AM)higgy100 Wrote: If I see one more freakin' Skyline commercial where everybody at the table has a smile on their face like they just won the lottery I'm going to puke.

But how do you feel about the Amazon mustache girl?

Reply/Quote
Coney crates were edible when you’re drunk at a game but overall Goldstar is nasty.

Glad they finally took their heads out of their asses!

Hopefully they replace it with Skyline but need something like coney crates!
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Coney crates were edible when you’re drunk at a game but overall Goldstar is nasty.

Gold Star > Skyline, but let’s be real here: Camp Washington Chili and Blue Ash Chili destroy both of them.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:35 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Gold Star > Skyline, but let’s be real here:  Camp Washington Chili and Blue Ash Chili destroy both of them.

best thing at Blue ash Chili isnt the Chili lol..

Skyline >>>> Goldstar
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:18 AM)higgy100 Wrote: If I see one more freakin' Skyline commercial where everybody at the table has a smile on their face like they just won the lottery I'm going to puke.

How does one eat skyline without a smile on their face?
Reply/Quote
This is big news for us Cincinnati chili loyalists. Hilarious

Who Dey & I miss living in the Cincinnati-area and not getting to eat Skyline when I want.
Reply/Quote
Finally a real chili sponsor.
Reply/Quote
Best move of the off-season right here
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:35 AM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Gold Star > Skyline, but let’s be real here:  Camp Washington Chili and Blue Ash Chili destroy both of them.

Probably true on the bolded (I've had BA chili but not CW chili), but neither would be able to give enough $$ to the Bengals.
Honestly, the reason likely for the switch after 21 years being with Gold Star is the $$ that Skyline was willing/able to give.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Love this move... now I can get a coney at the game
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Here in Lexington there is a Gold Star at the Man O War exit off I-75. It has a messaged board under it's sign that has had WHO DEY on it for months. I bet they'll remove it now.
Reply/Quote
Personal preference aside this is great for the Bengals. Although, I was a Goldstar fan while in Cincy. Skyline is a much bigger brand that brings in about 10x the revenue of Goldstar. If you're going to a game based on what Chili they serve, then you're missing the forest for the trees
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: best thing at Blue ash Chili isnt the Chili lol..

Skyline >>>> Goldstar

I still remember going to Blue Ash Chili for lunch in the 90s and getting the Turkey on Turkey on Turkey sandwich. I'm not sure how I ever managed to eat a sandwich with 67 pounds of turkey on it.
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 09:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Coney crates were edible when you’re drunk at a game but overall Goldstar is nasty.

I only buy Coneys and I have an impeccable nose and palate: there is little to no distinction between the two in terms of flavour. They're both delicious.

Now, I never have (and never will) had a Way, so there may be a difference there, but Coneys are the same.

From a business standpoint, this is indeed the right way (no pun intended) to go.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:05 AM)Earendil Wrote: I still remember going to Blue Ash Chili for lunch in the 90s and getting the Turkey on Turkey on Turkey sandwich. I'm not sure how I ever managed to eat a sandwich with 67 pounds of turkey on it.

Amen. But turkey and bacon double decker was da bomb. Almost a pound of bacon it seemed like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Personal preference aside this is great for the Bengals. Although, I was a Goldstar fan while in Cincy. Skyline is a much bigger brand that brings in about 10x the revenue of Goldstar. If you're going to a game based on what Chili they serve, then you're missing the forest for the trees

At last the boycott is over.  I can return to the Jungle.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(04-19-2023, 11:08 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I only buy Coneys and I have an impeccable nose and palate: there is little to no distinction between the two in terms of flavour. They're both delicious.

Now, I never have (and never will) had a Way, so there may be a difference there, but Coneys are the same.

From a business standpoint, this is indeed the right way (no pun intended) to go.

There's a difference in taste.  I like both, but have Skyline way more often.  And get yourself a 4 way.  Just pretend it's spaghetti with a meat sauce with more spices.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote