Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DC frontrunner?
So the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals will essentially be a 2015 Miami Dolphins Reunion.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You have to hope that Zac has a plan. I am going out on a limb and saying that this would be a better move than hiring Hue Jackson as an Assistant to the Head Coach. Nothing will get as low as seeing him flustered by a rookie quarterback taunting him down the sidelines.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy was DC at U.S. Merchant Marine Academy from 1992–1994.

Anyone know if they ran a 4-3 or 3-4?  Hilarious

Experience exists. That's all I needed to know. I'm all in on this guy. He is going to save our defense. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:23 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Experience exists. That's all I needed to know. I'm all in on this guy. He is going to save our defense. 

We don't even know if the Bengals are going to hire him. They may be bringing in several guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:28 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: We don't even know if the Bengals are going to hire him. They may be bringing in several guys.

I'm well aware, just being a bit sarcastic about this consideration for DC. Too much inexperience in the staff rn. If he comes and proves me wrong, than I will be extremely happy.
Reply/Quote
You'd have to think that atleast some of these coaches will fail...be it a position coach or a coordinator. I doubt they all come in and are spectacular.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 01:56 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Bet he's gong to be cheap.

Tbh, everyone we hired looked like they'd be cheap.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You'd have to think that atleast some of these coaches will fail...be it a position coach or a coordinator. I doubt they all come in and are spectacular.

You're absolutely right, it's foolish to believe that new coaches will come in and immediately fix the problems we have. I just personally prefer a well experienced DC. Gives a better chance of success than someone who is in over his head, especially with the state of our defense at the moment. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This guy was DC at U.S. Merchant Marine Academy from 1992–1994.

Anyone know if they ran a 4-3 or 3-4?  Hilarious

Paul Brown coached the football team at the Great Lakes Naval Training Station in 1944-45.
Reply/Quote
This is a total f***** joke. Wow. Jim Turner and now this Dancing Bear Circus of a DC hunt ends with a guy who owned the Pizzeria on the corner who kicked up to Chris Moltisanti?

Not happy.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I dont know much about Lou Anarumo but let's get him in here and get the staff in place.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals will essentially be a 2015 Miami Dolphins Reunion.

[Image: image.jpg]
Reply/Quote
"Dolphins promoted DBs coach Lou Anarumo to defensive coordinator.
The Dolphins either struck out on or didn't pursue open-market options like Jim Schwartz. The Dolphins' secondary has been far from elite the past two seasons, but was about league average in 2014. It's hard to see how anyone could be a downgrade on Kevin Coyle, who seemed over his head. Interim coach Dan Campbell wants to instill a fire-and-brimstone attitude. He clearly thinks Anarumo is the best man for the job. Anarumo last coordinated a defense for the "U.S. Merchant Marine Academy" from 1992-94.

SOURCE: Profootballtalk on Twitter
Oct 8, 2015, 2:05 PM"

THIS is our guy? Are we having a laugh here? Is it April 1 already?

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:59 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: "Dolphins promoted DBs coach Lou Anarumo to defensive coordinator.
The Dolphins either struck out on or didn't pursue open-market options like Jim Schwartz. The Dolphins' secondary has been far from elite the past two seasons, but was about league average in 2014. It's hard to see how anyone could be a downgrade on Kevin Coyle, who seemed over his head. Interim coach Dan Campbell wants to instill a fire-and-brimstone attitude. He clearly thinks Anarumo is the best man for the job. Anarumo last coordinated a defense for the "U.S. Merchant Marine Academy" from 1992-94.

this isn't a blizzard press conference  (forgive me if you don't get my reference)
Reply/Quote
Yay, more jumping off of ledges.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 03:05 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this isn't a blizzard press conference  (forgive me if you don't get my reference)

Sorry, nothing

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:17 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So the 2019 Cincinnati Bengals will essentially be a 2015 Miami Dolphins Reunion.

That's less trendy than our initial hire.  Hmm...
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 02:59 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: "Dolphins promoted DBs coach Lou Anarumo to defensive coordinator.

Glad to know someone has the same feelings as myself. This guy is not the answer to any of our problems, we need experience. We need a hard nosed DC who is going to bring a sense of Bengal toughness to our defense. 
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 03:11 PM)EastCoastBengal Wrote: Glad to know someone has the same feelings as myself. This guy is not the answer to any of our problems, we need experience. We need a hard nosed DC who is going to bring a sense of Bengal toughness to our defense. 

Crazy as it may seem, no - I am not performing front flips and cartwheels over Captain Lou Albano.

I still think this is a funny joke. 

Reply/Quote
So Taylor didn't see Del Rio as a fit, but this guy is?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote