Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL consideration for Bills-Bengals game and
(01-04-2023, 09:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Anyone else absolutely shocked we haven't heard from Goodwill yet?

Biggest thing to happen to the league in two decades and not a peep from him. Great leadership man.

Absolutely not shocked. He's a scam artist overseeing a rigged(not scripted) product.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:18 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I've been thinking about that game every single week this season.

Me too.   EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:29 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Then it just begs the question of how can the NFL do this without putting both the Bengals and Bills at a disadvantage, and it will.  So in week 19, the NCF has their wildcards round with an added Bengals/Bills game?  So then the rest of the AFC gets a rest and has their WC round a week later?  If they move the entire playoffs back a week, then they cancel the PRO Bowl?

Have  scientific studies been conducted which definitely conclude that teams having a BYE necessarily have an advantage over a team that played that week?  
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
All I know is that the Bengals need to show some spine as an organization. The situation is unfortunate but the hottest team in the league can’t just let the league roll them over and pet their bellies because they did the right thing on Monday. That 1 seed was looking to be very much in play.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: How do you concede a loss when uou could not play if you wanted to. Makes no sense  no contest makes sense 

Umm, because the decision was made on gameday not to continue.  The league did not direct them to stop playing as far as I'm aware.  That was a decision made by the teams, and had to be initiated by someone.  Since the game is currently in suspension, the Bills could take the high ground and concede to prevent the rest of the league from having to accommodate the re-scheduling, or some other form of decision on the result of the game.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:56 AM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Umm, because the decision was made on gameday not to continue.  The league did not direct them to stop playing as far as I'm aware.  That was a decision made by the teams, and had to be initiated by someone.  Since the game is currently in suspension, the Bills could take the high ground and concede to prevent the rest of the league from having to accommodate the re-scheduling, or some other form of decision on the result of the game.  

The NFL officially  suspended the game that is why we waited over an hour to make it a formal suspension and if both tea. Said they were not playing how can it be a buffalo forfeit  anyway
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 10:18 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I've been thinking about that game every single week this season.

Hell, I think about it every PAT.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:53 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: That 1 seed was looking to be very much in play.

Stidham's performance against SF's defense is what got me thinking big.
Reply/Quote
Another "I know this is bad idea, but . . ."
Week 18
then
Fri - Bengals vs Bills
Sat-Sun - normal NFC Wild card weekend
Wed-Thursday - AFC Wild Card (Bengals and Bills games scheduled for Thursday if neither is #1)
Sat-Sun - normal NFC Divisional round
Wed - AFC Divisional round
Mon - NFC Championship game
Tue - AFC Championship game

The NFC team loses one day in the lead up to the Super Bowl and the AFC team loses two days.

It's gonna suck no matter what they decide to do.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
I trust someone from each team drawing balls with numbers out of a hat more than a machine or computer doing it.

Still think the game should be played though.
Reply/Quote
There's no way it should be a no contest. Play the game, and adjust the schedule accordingly. What an absolute asterisk it would feel like if KC squeaks by Buffalo at home in the AFCG for example..

Why I've been adamantly against the tie/no contest the whole time. Bengals (Bills and Ravens too) get screwed and get to play home against #6 (possibly Lamar or Herbert) and most likely AT BUFF AT KC, versus the chance to play against the #7 seed, Buffalo at home, at KC. Not even the same stratosphere of difficulty.

They deserve 17 games like everyone to get in a proper seed. Bills deserve a chance to hold on to #1. Ravens deserve a chance to see us play 17 games and have a possible shot at division.
Reply/Quote
Looks more and more like the game will get canceled. BS in my opinion, because the Bengals will now have to go to Buffalo in the second round.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
They should add an 8th playoff team this year. Give no one a bye week. I’m sure the NFL would love it too. You get one extra game of revenue, and the teams that you’re letting in would be surging like the Steelers and Packers. Teams with huge fanbases that may very narrowly miss the playoffs.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:55 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Looks more and more like the game will get canceled. BS in my opinion, because the Bengals will now have to go to Buffalo in the second round.

Unless the Bengals win against Baltimore and Buffalo loses to NE. Then we’d be the 2 based on tiebreaker
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:59 AM)LebanonFan Wrote: Unless the Bengals win against Baltimore and Buffalo loses to NE. Then we’d be the 2 based on tiebreaker

Right, but I won’t count on Buffalo losing that game. Certainly possible though.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:57 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: They should add an 8th playoff team this year. Give no one a bye week. I’m sure the NFL would love it too. You get one extra game of revenue, and the teams that you’re letting in would be surging like the Steelers and Packers. Teams with huge fanbases that may very narrowly miss the playoffs.

GTFO
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 02:51 PM)Science Friction Wrote: Goodell has the authority to move the Bengals/Ravens and Bills/Pats games to Thurs or Friday of this week  and then Bengals/ Bills on Tuesday.

This seems preferable to using random numbers, tarot cards, or Magic 8 balls and completely wiping out an already in-progress game with the Bengals up four and driving in Bills' terrtory.

Again, let me ask  :

Who among you fully trusts Roger Goodell's "random" numbers?
I think the NFLPA would have a lot of say in this.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:28 AM)Science Friction Wrote: NFL is very , very shady .   You think I trust Goodell's "random" numbers?   I trust Goodell & his shady organization about as much as I trust my ex-gf.  Damn her.   .Smirk

What does this mean?  The numbers only apply to the Chiefs and determine if we get the 2 or 3, and Bills Chiefs for 1 or 3....   If KC wins this Sunday the random numbers is easiest way, wont change the playing schedule, and prevents any injuries.

It also has the least impact, unless the Chiefs lose to LV.... and then there is an issue with Bills & Bengals if one or both win Sunday.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:53 AM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: All I know is that the Bengals need to show some spine as an organization. The situation is unfortunate but the hottest team in the league can’t just let the league roll them over and pet their bellies because they did the right thing on Monday. That 1 seed was looking to be very much in play.

I AGREE.  They should lobby HARD(whether it matters or not) for th game to be played or that they be awarded a forfeit win if the Bills refuse to play.
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:10 AM)casear2727 Wrote: What does this mean?  The numbers only apply to the Chiefs and determine if we get the 2 or 3, and Bills Chiefs for 1 or 3....   If KC wins this Sunday the random numbers is easiest way, wont change the playing schedule, and prevents any injuries.

It also has the least impact, unless the Chiefs lose to LV.... and then there is an issue with Bills & Bengals if one or both win Sunday.

I'm saying just because Goodell says he's using "random" numbers doesn't mean i believe him. 
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote