Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New NFL consideration for Bills-Bengals game and
(01-05-2023, 02:04 AM)bfine32 Wrote: GTFO

We should give that 8th team a bye week also.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
bengals 3 seed buff the 2 kc gets the 1 seed by default. the nfl is betting the bengals can't do what they did last year going on the road, this time thru buff and kc back to back. bengals got screwed. make no mistake about it.
Reply/Quote
Just an idea I had been thinking of.

Assuming they decide to not resume the game and if KC loses Saturday.  Buffalo could forfeit the Buffalo v Cincinnati contest and let the teams play it out against their divisional opponents for the one seed.  The divisional opponents would still have something to play for as far as knocking Cincinnati or Buffalo from the one to the three seed.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:22 AM)WildCat Wrote: bengals 3 seed buff the 2 kc gets the 1 seed by default. the nfl is betting the bengals can't do what they did last year going on the road, this time thru buff and kc back to back. bengals got screwed. make no mistake about it.

If the game is not rescheduled, this will probably be the case. And Bengal fans should be effing pissed. As I stated earlier, I probably will be done with the NFL.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is no scenario that does not negatively impact a team.

Everyone that really wants to play this Bills game, consider the chance of a huge, or multiple, injuries preventing us from our goal.

I would rather not play the game and take the L, beat the Ravens, win the AFCN and stay at the 3 seed, then risk losing Chase or Reader again.  The Bills lost 2 players in 8 minutes.

Call me scared or whatever, I'm just saying I want my entire team for the playoffs.  And I do not want our 1st playoff opponent to have 2 weeks to prepare.
Thus I prefer any solution that gives us a chance to better our seed position without having to replay that game.

And yes I know we risk injuries every game, but if a game doesn't have to be played that is 100% no injuries.

From what I've been hearing since yesterday evening is that it seems to be leaning more toward forfeiting the game and going off win percentage.

If that happens, the Bengals automatically win the AFC North regardless of what happens in the Ravens game.
However, the Ravens still have something to play for, as they could either get the 5th seed or the 6th seed. They would have to win and the Chargers lose in order to get the 5th seed though.

Bills could still get the 1st overall seed if they beat the Patriots and the Chiefs lose to the Raiders.
If the Bills lose and the Bengals win, the Bengals get the 2nd seed, Bills get 3rd seed.

If this ends up being the decision that is made, it does mostly negatively affect the Ravens, as it would force them into the wildcard.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:13 AM)Science Friction Wrote: I AGREE.  They should lobby HARD(whether it matters or not) for the game to be played or that they be awarded a forfeit win if the Bills refuse to play.

Yup, this is where I am at now.
Reply/Quote
I could make a case to take the game results as is. Each team had one full possession. Not much different than leaving a game up to overtime rules.

No rescheduling or other bs. Just move on at this point.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:12 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I could make a case to take the game results as is. Each team had one full possession. Not much different than leaving a game up to overtime rules.

Except if it were an overtime, the Bills would've gone for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:26 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Except if it were an overtime, the Bills would've gone for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG.  

Completely agree. But theres not a perfect solution here. Seems as good as any. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:12 PM)R3stangs Wrote: I could make a case to take the game results as is. Each team had one full possession. Not much different than leaving a game up to overtime rules.

I thought this as well.  Who knows now.  I see the point above too about the Bills going for it on 4th.  We can't delve in what ifs now, we can only go with what we have.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 01:02 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: The NFL officially  suspended the game that is why we waited over an hour to make it a formal suspension and if both tea. Said they were not playing how can it be a buffalo forfeit  anyway

Oof, I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this.  It's like saying you can't quit your job because your boss put you on suspension.  You can 100% quit/forfeit unless a final decision has been declared, which it has not.  

That said, the likelihood the Bills will forfeit is minimal, and the team will just play through whatever schedule this Twilight Zone puts them through, most likely putting their path to the SB on the road.  And honestly, what better victory story for them than to overcome the additional adversity and still win the SB  Smirk  
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:38 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Oof, I'm not going to keep going back and forth on this.  It's like saying you can't quit your job because your boss put you on suspension.  You can 100% quit/forfeit unless a final decision has been declared, which it has not.  

That said, the likelihood the Bills will forfeit is minimal, and the team will just play through whatever schedule this Twilight Zone puts them through, most likely putting their path to the SB on the road.  And honestly, what better victory story for them than to overcome the additional adversity and still win the SB  Smirk  

Well the NFL has publicly gone on the record as saying the game was not going to continue.  Just by that virtue alone, Buffalo can't be expected to retroactively forfeit. It was the NFL's decision to postpone the game and ultimately it will be the NFL's decision to call it a No Contest.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 07:40 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is no scenario that does not negatively impact a team.

Everyone that really wants to play this Bills game, consider the chance of a huge, or multiple, injuries preventing us from our goal.

I would rather not play the game and take the L, beat the Ravens, win the AFCN and stay at the 3 seed, then risk losing Chase or Reader again.  The Bills lost 2 players in 8 minutes.

Call me scared or whatever, I'm just saying I want my entire team for the playoffs.  And I do not want our 1st playoff opponent to have 2 weeks to prepare.
Thus I prefer any solution that gives us a chance to better our seed position without having to replay that game.

And yes I know we risk injuries every game, but if a game doesn't have to be played that is 100% no injuries.

This is a perfectly reasonable take. And one I think both organizations may share.  I think both organizations feel their teams are Super Bowl capable from any seed. 

A no contest would mean neither team could sink lower than third. Which is the same for the Bills as playing, but playing would mean we have a floor of 5th. We'd lose the ability to be #1 (unless the Goddell lotto is adopted) and #2 would be out of our hands, but we'd also clinch the division automatically and could essentially rest our guys two weeks in a row.  

From a health & well-being standpoint, that ain't nothing. 
Reply/Quote
I just don't think the Bengals could go to KC and win again...actually, I think they can, but KC going lose to the Raiders and I felt they would have had to come to Cincy and I believe the stage fright, along with our talent, would have been too much to overcome! Dang! blown opportunity.
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 12:48 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Have  scientific studies been conducted which definitely conclude that teams having a BYE necessarily have an advantage over a team that played that week?  

At this point in the season, an extra week off is an extra week to heal.  And, YES that would be an advantage heading into the playoffs.  Besides that, you'd be giving a playoff-caliber team an extra week to prepare, when the Bengals and Bills would have juts 1-week to prepare. 
Reply/Quote
Of course there is all this wild speculation. Because the NFL Commissioner has not said squat. The weekend games start in 48 hours and the NFL commissioner has been absent since Monday night. Not even a: we'll have a decision by such and such a time. Just absolute silence.
Reply/Quote
I am not happy about the way they fixed it. They got to beat us and that aint happening we are about to roll thru these teams all the way.

It is a no contest. Just read it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/nfl-reportedly-makes-final-decision-on-bills-bengals-game/ar-AA161opF?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d889fbef0c304fc68696a282e41d03e5

Wrong link sorry here is the right one.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-bills-reportedly-declared-no-contest-which-means-cincinnati-wins-afc-north/ar-AA1614n0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4197dca905de4d9697c90f861c25ad43
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:40 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I don't like the "IF" scenario here. "If there is a seeding issue." Let's be honest. There is already an issue. This wait and see approach is unprofessional by the NFL. Our approach against the Ravens changes knowing the outcome of last night's game, which was cut short to the unfortunate tragedy.

My suggestion since I've only offered my useless bickering? Since resuming the game seems demonizing to a lot of people, flip a damn coin. We're leaving it to chance regardless with a number generator... At least we know where we stand going in against Baltimore.

There's no way the Bengals were losing that game. That's why this is total BS. I get that a guy almost died on the field but the Bengals have worked their asses off to get to this point. 0-2 to start the season and I honestly have them in the SB walking away at this point.

Would be total BS for the Bengals to get shafted in this situation.
Reply/Quote
The competition committee is voting on the playoff format right now (call started at 6). Katie Blackburn is in that committee so the Bengals do have someone to advocate for them

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2023, 01:29 AM)casear2727 Wrote: playoff seeding....Random Number Generator.

If there is a situation in which declaring a no contest between Bengals and Bills that results in a seeding issue after Sunday's games - a random number will be drawn to determine a game to remove from KC's schedule to even out the number of games to 16 amongst the Bills, KC and Bengals..... thoughts?

Yeah I have thoughts. It's total horse sh*t. That was a forfeited game by the Bills. How is the NFL OK with this outcome? It's still a business regardless of what happened. Bills forfeited. Period. 
Reply/Quote