Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New OL coach Pollack looking for guys with a nasty streak
(01-25-2018, 02:50 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man...doesn't it feel nice just saying that name and realizing PA is in the rear view?

Dang. Just how big is PA anyways? He left weeks ago and he's STILL in the rear view mirror?

Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 03:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dang. Just how big is PA anyways? He left weeks ago and he's STILL in the rear view mirror?

Ninja

well we will find out if the change turns into a positive....

Center market might be getting smaller in FA or Draft with the bills Eric Woods being forced to retire.
Reply/Quote
(01-25-2018, 05:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Damn, Rob looks like he's zooming on something.

Allow me to explain it old school---

I believe they call it bats in his belfry.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 03:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Dang. Just how big is PA anyways? He left weeks ago and he's STILL in the rear view mirror?

Ninja

He's far enough back now that all you can see is his ego and his ass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-26-2018, 08:22 PM)McC Wrote: He's far enough back now that all you can see is his ego and his ass.

Yet, the stench of him remains on the roster..   Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2018, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Hobson just posted an article where Pollack talks about what he's looking for in OL.
The main takeaway is he likes guys with a nasty streak.
He also likes scheme versatility. The ability to play power or zone.
http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Down-the-line/b242d055-9da4-4fc3-949e-0108c14d8098

I know Jake Fisher had a mean streak coming out of Oregon. Ogbuehi did not. Bodine I think (kinda?) had that but may have been influenced by Alexander's more passive approach.
I'll be singling out OL prospects in the draft that have "mean streaks" as likely candidates to be drafted by the Bengals.

Mean Streak means Ohio State Center Billy Price could be Bengals first pick. Look at all scouting reports on Price and they say plays with a mean streak. Bob Johnson was Bengals first pick ever as a center by Paul Brown. If Price plays 10 years for Bengals and goes to Pro Bowls, it's an excellent pick.  As many as 6 QB's could go in Round One as many NFL Sites are now seeing a run on QB early. This could drop a very top Left Tackle or Guard to us in Round 2 as Bengals improve weak O Line big time early in draft. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote