Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New Uniforms leaked
(04-15-2021, 04:35 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: A boycott?  I know everyone has opinions, and that's cool.  But some people are about to be put over the edge by a jersey that's not their favorite because it's not what they dreamed up themselves.  I think it's time to relax...  I don't love the leaked jersey as my favorite thing ever, but it's not like I'm disgusted or embarrassed by the team wearing them.  It's a uniform.  It's evolved and changed with time.  It'll eventually change again.  And on game day?  I can't imagine it'll even be on anyone's mind.  

If we stage a boycott it needs to be for one of the real issues around here:

1) No actual GM as in not a family member or family friend.
2) No scouting department by comparison to the rest of the league.
3) Lou is still here.
4) Taylor is still here.
5) All of the above.

We are so busy being upset about the pick at 5 and the new jerseys that we've all forgotten Mike Brown is still screwing Hamilton County tax payers, and that we have an abysmal front office and coaching staff.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:35 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The existing color rush jerseys have stripes on the shoulders. The only expected possible change is the black part of the sleeve changing to white and the stripes being all black.

Are you saying you don't like the stripes on the existing color rush jerseys? Or just these new stripes?

The new stripes appear to be much larger and on the breast/back area making them look gaudy.

The old stripes were more subtle

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
These are much better. black collar makes a big difference and the numbers are cleaner. These are done by Dalton on Twitter. In the old jerseys it's black stripes over orange which match the helmet. Having them reverse color on the shoulder looks odd to me.

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I think it could match better with the helmet if they put orange trim around the black letters, numbers, and stripes.
I do agree though that if they don't have any orange on the jersey, a white helmet (or black with white stripes) would look better.
Stupid NFL rule though only allowing 1 helmet and cheap Bengals for not being willing to do a full-helmet decal to cover the orange.

Agree all the way around. Putting orange trim around the black letters would make that look better I am sure.

Also always thought if they love the white uni's that the white and black helmets would look great with them.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When a zebra mates with a lion.

Same thing I have always said. The colorrush jersey by itself does not look bad but it looks kind of silly with our orange/black helmet.

I hate that color combo with the white top & orange pants.

I think all white would look killer, but I do LOVE the orange helmet with it. I think it really pops, especially with the mostly white jerseys. 

My guess is that there will be Black, White, & Orange jerseys (of course). With Combos being BB, BO, BW, WB, WO, WW, OB, OW, & O/O

Elizabeth Blackburn said that one combo was only going to be worn for special occasion games once or twice a season.

This would lead me to believe that the VERY POPULAR White White combo from color rush will become a staple look along with white black. At least, I hope that is a more regular thing for them.

Orange Orange seems to be the logical choice for the new color rush.

I am really eager to see how this all plays out. I have HATED the Bengals jerseys the past 16 years. Literally from the moment they debuted at the launch party I was looking forward to the next iteration. If they are going to lose, the least they can do is lose pretty for us.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:10 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Maybe a little more of a burnt orange than a brighter, louder orange. More like a tiger in the wild.

[Image: YB6aQqKZBVjtt3PuDSkJKe.jpg]

Agreed.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:35 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: A boycott?  I know everyone has opinions, and that's cool.  But some people are about to be put over the edge by a jersey that's not their favorite because it's not what they dreamed up themselves.  I think it's time to relax...  I don't love the leaked jersey as my favorite thing ever, but it's not like I'm disgusted or embarrassed by the team wearing them.  It's a uniform.  It's evolved and changed with time.  It'll eventually change again.  And on game day?  I can't imagine it'll even be on anyone's mind.  

Hell the ungly ass things are starting to grow on me.

I think they could've done better, but I am starting to feel like they look better than the last unis...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:36 PM)jason Wrote: Hell the ungly ass things are starting to grow on me.

I think they could've done better, but I am starting to feel like they look better than the last unis...

I mean, the two main things people bitched about with the last ones (the white side paneling and the B) are gone. I honestly think these would have been pretty well received had they not leaked in terrible iPhone 7 pics.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 09:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, the two main things people bitched about with the last ones (the white side paneling and the B) are gone. I honestly think these would have been pretty well received had they not leaked in terrible iPhone 7 pics.

I would like to see something fun where it says Bengals. Maybe Have is say Bengals on Black, Cincy on White, and  The 'Nati on the Orange.

Just add a bit of different character to each one.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: When a zebra mates with a lion.

Same thing I have always said. The colorrush jersey by itself does not look bad but it looks kind of silly with our orange/black helmet.

I don't know why anyone doesn't like the orange helmet with the color rush uniforms. It makes the helmet stand out even more. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 11:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know why anyone doesn't like the orange helmet with the color rush uniforms. It makes the helmet stand out even more. 

Count me among the LIKE it.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 11:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know why anyone doesn't like the orange helmet with the color rush uniforms. It makes the helmet stand out even more. 

I think it's fine. Some more orange accents would make it perfect.

I was kinda hoping we'd just adopt the color rush as our main uni. Love the simple font.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Completely agree. Every mock-up I’ve ever seen of a white and black helmet looks terrible.

Reply/Quote

The same way wearing flip flops with a business suit makes them stand out even more.

Black stripes on whit (zebra) just don't look right with black stripes on orange (tiger).  They stand out because they are mismatched and clash.
Reply/Quote
Burrow cameo at the end.

https://twitter.com/Bengals/status/1383065140342444032
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
yang's posted images don't show... for me, anyway.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 10:59 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Kind of like when they throw a pound if makeup on Kathy Griffin & then photoshop the shit out of her? Photographer's are down right illusionists these days!

Honestly, I've hated the current uniforms since they debuted. Like, repulsed by them. So, even a new kind if horrible is welcomed by me.

The ones on the hanger literally look so so soooooo mom & pop. Like, a kids halloween costume a mom made with a bare bones budget. A black shirt and some orange stripes with a number? ZZzzzZzZzz

And why are the stripes front to back while the helmet is side to side? WTF? There is NO WAY the Bengals hired an outside design or consulting firm to work with. If these are indeed representative of the concept, I would guess they had Nike's in house people send them designs and just picked one on a random Fri afternoon before taking off for vacation. Bummer because the Bengals colors and tiger theme leave sooooo much to work with from a design and creativityativity standpoint.

LMAO  Kathy Griffin? Hilarious

I know I'll end up buying one no matter what. I just hope they look better than what we've seen. I stand by what I said when they were "leaked." I find them brutally underwhelming. Maybe they'll grow on me. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Seeing reports that the Orange jerseys will be our new primary. I like that change. The Bengals should be mostly associated with Orange. We’re not the damn Steelers.

Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 01:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: The same way wearing flip flops with a business suit makes them stand out even more.
Isn't that fasion trend called the "Tennessee Tuxedo"?
Reply/Quote
Plus we seem to always win more in them if you believe in that sort of thing...

Reply/Quote