Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
New name for Cincinnati NFL team
If we had to come up with a new name for the Cincinnati NFL team what would you suggest.

Or if it offends you to even think about changing the name pretend that you were there before the Bengals name was chosen. What would you have suggested back then?

My suggestions. . . .

"Gamblers" or "Riverboat Gamblers". Ties in with the riverboat connection to the city. Has a bit of brio to it. Our mascot would be a dashing stereotypical riverboat gambler. Our logo would be the ace of spades. Our colors the red and black of a deck of cards.

"Porkers". Pays tribute to the city's history of pork processing. Our mascot would be a really mean-looking pig with big tusks or tushes or both. Our colors would be "Ham Pink" and black. Elvis made "pink and black" badass. Our football team could do the same.

"Chili Dogs". Honors the area's bizarre obsession with a sauce. Our mascot would be a bull terrier named "Chili". It really doesn't have to have anything to do with the sauce, just like the Buffalo NFL team doesn't have anything to do with any "Bill". But our colors would be "Chili Red" and "Mustard Yellow". To be honest I really love chili dogs. Chili cheese coney with slaw is the alpha junk food in my world.

BTW if you don't like this thread just don't post. No need to post nasty comments. We are all just doing what we have to do to get through this dead period.
Reply/Quote
I would call us the Cincinnati Steamers in honor of the steam boats. The helmet could have a pair of stacks on it like GABP.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 01:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would call us the Cincinnati Steamers in honor of the steam boats. The helmet could have a pair of stacks on it like GABP.

The logo could be a circular "C" with a paddlewheel in the middle.  That would be cool.

One problem is that I refer to my more toxic dumps as "steamers", but I don't know if that is a common use of the term.
Reply/Quote
How about "The Northern Kentucky Colonels"?
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Scintillators. Has a ring to it.

Or maybe Cincinnati Cinderellas, since they're such a Cinderella story. Would have benn Cincinnati sinners 15 years ago, and since we all are it would have been inclusive. Anyway, the most important thing is that it's at least a phonetic alliteration.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 01:23 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I would call us the Cincinnati Steamers 

Cleveland already owns those rights.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 12:02 AM)fredtoast Wrote: If we had to come up with a new name for the Cincinnati NFL team what would you suggest.

Or if it offends you to even think about changing the name pretend that you were there before the Bengals name was chosen.  What would you have suggested back then?

My suggestions.  .  .  .

"Gamblers" or "Riverboat Gamblers".  Ties in with the riverboat connection to the city. Has a bit of brio to it.  Our mascot would be a dashing stereotypical riverboat gambler.  Our logo would be the ace of spades.  Our colors the red and black of a deck of cards.

"Porkers".  Pays tribute to the city's history of pork processing. Our mascot would be a really mean-looking pig with big tusks or tushes or both. Our colors would be "Ham Pink" and black.  Elvis made "pink and black" badass.  Our football team could do the same.

"Chili Dogs".  Honors the area's bizarre obsession with a sauce.  Our mascot would be a bull terrier named "Chili".  It really doesn't have to have anything to do with the sauce, just like the Buffalo NFL team doesn't have anything to do with any "Bill".  But our colors would be "Chili Red" and "Mustard Yellow".  To be honest I really love chili dogs.  Chili cheese coney with slaw is the alpha junk food in my world.

BTW if you don't like this thread just don't post.  No need to post nasty comments.  We are all just doing what we have to do to get through this dead period.

I agree with the no nasty comments sentiment. People shouldn't insult others like we see with post #14: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Would-You-Blow-Reds-Up-At-Trade-Deadline-in-July?pid=1216353#pid1216353.
Reply/Quote
Our name today should have been the "Cincinnati Walshes" after our HC that dominated the late '70s and throughout the '80s, having brought five championships to the city. But, I (bitterly) digress.

"Cincinatti Crows," 'cause crows know all, man, They just know.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Consuls. The logo is a Roman in the fashion of Cincinnatus. Purple and white as the colors.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 10:26 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Our name today should have been the "Cincinnati Walshes" after our HC that dominated the late '70s and throughout the '80s, having brought five championships to the city.  But, I (bitterly) digress.

"Cincinatti Crows," 'cause crows know all, man,  They just know.

Ah but we'd have Crows vs. Ravens twice a year. Which would be weird.
Reply/Quote
If we can get can get a local historical tribe on board, I hear Redskins and Indians are available.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 09:58 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I agree with the no nasty comments sentiment. People shouldn't insult others like we see with post #14: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Would-You-Blow-Reds-Up-At-Trade-Deadline-in-July?pid=1216353#pid1216353.

There was no personal insult involved.  I was addressing the logic of the argument not the individual.

There is a difference between an ad hominin argument and a disagreement over logic or a position in an argument. For example, if someone was to claim we should bench Burrow I am sure a lot of people here would call that idea "stupid", but that is different from actually calling the poster stupid.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 11:28 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There was no personal insult involved.  I was addressing the logic of the argument not the individual.

There is a difference between an ad hominin argument and a disagreement over logic or a position in an argument. For example, if someone was to claim we should bench Burrow I am sure a lot of people here would call that idea "stupid", but that is different from actually calling the poster stupid.

Whether addressing the logic or the individual, a post can still be nasty comment. There isn't always a difference.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 11:36 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Whether addressing the logic or the individual, a post can still be nasty comment. There isn't always a difference.

I apologize for offending you.  But I still think that bragging about knowing how to finish in last place is pretty stupid.

And I also have to point out that your posts are violating the COC because they have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.  You are clearly just trying to stir up some shit instead of having a conversation about the topic.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 11:44 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I apologize for offending you.  But I still think that bragging about knowing how to finish in last place is pretty stupid.

And I also have to point out that your posts are violating the COC because they have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.  You are clearly just trying to stir up some shit instead of having a conversation about the topic.

You didn't offend me. No apologies are needed.

I offer the post isn't violating the COC because I was responding to an idea in your initial post about not wanting nasty comments. You incorrectly assume I am trying to stir up shit and I also already contributed to the other part of your post topic, a new name for the Bengals, in a separate post. 
Reply/Quote
We could also have the obvious Cincinnati Queens or Cincinnati Royals, as with the Big O lead NBA team.

Here's an original one, Cincinnati Tigers. You could have a tiger logo instead of the much debated "B" logo. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Burrows
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 05:58 AM)hollodero Wrote:  the most important thing is that it's at least a phonetic alliteration.

(05-29-2022, 11:28 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: If we can get can get a local historical tribe on board, I hear Redskins and Indians are available.

How about an alliteration that also ties in local Native American culture.

We could be the "Cincinnati Serpents" and our logo would be an image of "Serpent Mound".

Even without the tie to "Serpent Mound" I am really liking the sound of "Cincinnati Serpents".
Reply/Quote
Cincinnati Citizens
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 12:22 PM)Tony Wrote: The Cincinnati Burrows

Our mascot would be a gopher.

A really mean looking one armed with a stick.
Reply/Quote