Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
New name for Cincinnati NFL team
Cincinnati Royals
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 02:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Cincinnati Royals

On a side note, who remembers when the NBA  Cincinnati Royals moved to Kansas City and the name was changed to the Kings because there was already the MLB Kansas City Royals. Of course after several years they moved on to Sacramento. 

But having two professional teams with the same name in the same city isn't unheard of as at one time there was the St Louis Cardinals MLB and NFL teams. Weird how all those teams were in Missouri. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 05:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: On a side note, who remembers when the NBA  Cincinnati Royals moved to Kansas City and the name was changed to the Kings because there was already the MLB Kansas City Royals. Of course after several years they moved on to Sacramento. 

But having two professional teams with the same name in the same city isn't unheard of as at one time there was the St Louis Cardinals MLB and NFL teams. Weird how all those teams were in Missouri. 

The MLB Giants and NFL Giants used to both be in New York.
Reply/Quote
(05-29-2022, 04:53 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: The Cincinnati Nastys

Could just shorten the hook on this one to the

Cincinnasty's 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The Cincinnati Who Needs Hot Cheerleaders Anyway

The Cincinnati Kids

Obviously I'm not very good at naming

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 09:01 PM)Go Cards Wrote: The Cincinnati Who Needs Hot Cheerleaders Anyway

The Cincinnati Kids

Obviously I'm not very good at naming

Used to be a club travel soccer team called Cincy Kids.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The MLB Giants and NFL Giants used to both be in New York.

You're correct. I forgot about that although I shouldn't have because who could forget Chris Berman saying "the New York Football Giants"?
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 06:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The MLB Giants and NFL Giants used to both be in New York.

St. Louis had the cardinals and also the football cardinals
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 10:51 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: St. Louis had the cardinals and also the football cardinals

I mentioned that in post #102. That's why Fred responded the way he did. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 11:32 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I mentioned that in post #102. That's why Fred responded the way he did. ThumbsUp

Ah.
Reply/Quote
I am going for Cincinnati Ales...then I can justify my drinking! Drunk
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2022, 05:37 PM)BengalRed Wrote: On a side note, who remembers when the NBA  Cincinnati Royals moved to Kansas City and the name was changed to the Kings because there was already the MLB Kansas City Royals. Of course after several years they moved on to Sacramento. 

i think the Cardinals and the Cardinals Hated it as people wouldn't buy nearly as much Merchandise...    (same colors same Logo....) only need 1 shirt lol
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2022, 04:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i think the Cardinals and the Cardinals Hated it as people wouldn't buy nearly as much Merchandise...    (same colors same Logo....) only need 1 shirt lol

Yes. St. Louis is, and always will be, a baseball town. They've had two NFL franchises and have lost both. 

I think that if the Reds had continued their winning ways after the Big Red Machine years they would be considered a "baseball town". But with the Bengal's recent success (thanks to Joe Burrow), and the Reds ownership ineptitude, it seems to be a toss up as to whether Cincy is a baseball or football town. 

Throw in the great few years the Bearcats have had under Luke Fickell and the interest in FC Cincinnati and one could say that Cincy is a great sports town.
Reply/Quote