Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
News: Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.
Joe Burrow just confirmed he re-tweaked his right calf...Says it's pretty sore right now.

Jeremy Rauch reported:

"Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.

Two losses and a calf injury is a terrible cocktail. #Bengals"

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/1703501043886145676
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Sign Wentz now I'm case Browning or Grier don't produce. Slug out a win vs the Rams and if Joe needs time off maybe he keeps you afloat.
Reply/Quote
Joe said he tweaked the calf and yes it was painful. He added that he would have come in for the last series if they had one. They will know more over the next couple of days. They have to see how it responds to treatment

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Maybe trade Tee for a couple high draft picks while the price is still good, put Joe on IR, tank the rest of the season and reload.. lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If he "tweaked it again" he is looking at least another month of healing or more. Better see what they have in Grier and Browning like now.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: Jeremy Rauch reported:

"Joe Burrow had a grimace of pain for every step leaving the field.

Two losses and a calf injury is a terrible cocktail. #Bengals"

https://twitter.com/FOX19Jeremy/status/1703501043886145676
I would too after the performance 
Reply/Quote
I grimaced in pain at today's game, too.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
I grimaced at Joe's play, Zac's play calling and the defense.

Reply/Quote
Not that it matters one iota, but just turned on the Dal/Ny game and saw a couple people I know from my former life screaming their heads off in the stands..lol

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Blame Zac Taylor for something.
Reply/Quote
He just got 275 million and only started playing like a real QB in the last quarter and a half. Sorry but my sympathies for him having a calf ouchie are limited...
Reply/Quote
Jake Browning is a dumpster fire. Let’s dress Will Grier next week.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:30 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: If he "tweaked it again" he is looking at least another month of healing or more. Better see what they have in Grier and Browning like now.

If he misses just tank for Marvin Harrison Jr lol
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: He just got 275 million and only started playing like a real QB in the last quarter and a half. Sorry but my sympathies for him having a calf ouchie are limited...

I shared your sentiment, Joe, until I saw a video of Joe Burrow limping into the locker room after the game. This is a bad injury; worse than anyone thought. I’m not even certain the trauma is limited to the right calf.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:27 PM)phil413 Wrote: Sign Wentz now I'm case Browning or Grier don't produce.  Slug out a win vs the Rams and if Joe needs time off maybe he keeps you afloat.

Matt Ryan is in town right now just saying.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:37 PM)Joelist Wrote: He just got 275 million and only started playing like a real QB in the last quarter and a half. Sorry but my sympathies for him having a calf ouchie are limited...

Whaddaya want for a quarter billion bucks?A great QB or something? Man! You guys are a tough crowd..

Reply/Quote

He can't do much about being injured. Clearly limited by it.

If he's playing like this when he is fully fit, that's a whole other story...
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 05:45 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: He can't do much about being injured. Clearly limited by it.

If he's playing like this when he is fully fit, that's a whole other story...

stefanski played an injured baker mayfield his final year, I remember baker throwing 4 picks one of those games. I thought stefanski was an idiot, especially considering their run game.

the idea that an injured Joe burrow is better than our backup is probably both true and false, he didn't get healthier he got worse...how is he supposed to recover if we put him in these situations? lol

it has to beg the question though, if an injured Joe burrow is better than our backup - why even have a ***** backup QB?
Reply/Quote
Sit him down. I’m tired of the drama and everything being blamed on it. Start Grier and tank.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Well there’s always next year. Like mentioned before, let’s work on getting MH JR.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote