Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Bengals HC?
(09-18-2017, 05:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's what a HC should be. Then you need good coordinators who can draw up good X's and O's plays and strategy.

Many fans don't know this. They blame Marvin for the playcalls, etc. That's not his job. It's the coordinators.

Who hires the coordinators?

Marvin is trash as a HC and it's not even up for debate in any way.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:48 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Paul Alexander.

No ninja.

This is the only way we get him off the team for good.
Reply/Quote
At this point "Cooter Brown" could do as well as most of our staff.

Sad too because we have had some good ones leave in Zimmer, Gruden, Joseph, Hue, and Hayes as of late.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
My guess is Guenther, since hiring from within seems to be the thing. I guess it depends on who's out there currently, and what coordinators are in high demand. If they hired the Piano Man as the next HC, that may actually be the thing that finally causes me to stop being a fan of this team.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If Guenther is promoted to head coach and Lazor does not pan out this year then we got to replace the OC and DC while breaking in a new head coach not the best option. If Lazor pans out and we are doing good on the Offensive side of the ball and just need to replace the DC that's not so bad. Guenther stepped in for Zimmer and did a good job being promoted from within the team.

I would rather move away from the defensive minded head coaches at this point and keep Guenther at DC. I don't like any of our options on offense to take over at head coach so hire the best offensive minded guy we can get that is not on the team.
Reply/Quote
Why are people so stuck on this promoting from within narrative? Marvin was an outside hire.

Reply/Quote
(09-15-2017, 09:42 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Paul Guenther is our next head coach.

If I had to say "Who do I honestly think will be our next coach", this would be my answer.  

However, I then wonder who would run the defense?  My best case scenario would be a coach like Todd Haley that has an outstanding offensive schematic, and would allow our DC and special teams coach to stay in place.  However, most coaches want to bring their own staff.

Part of what I like about this is that is also hurts your division rival that knows them better than just about anyone.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 05:27 PM)corpjet Wrote: I'll pass on him, he flunked in Denver and hasn't impressed when his BFF Tom Brady isn't at the helm.....

Some coaches do better the second time around and I believe this could be the case for him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
My dark horse pick would be David Shaw. Current HC of Stanford. Wouldn't mind Josh McDaniels. Zimmer or even Hue if they become available. I can also see Jay Gruden getting the pink slip if Washington has a losing season. I'm not sure about Jay though, didn't care much for him when he was here.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2017, 05:30 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Who hires the coordinators?

Marvin is trash as a HC and it's not even up for debate in any way.

I'd image the GM has final say and the HC has input.
Reply/Quote
Jim Bob Cooter.

Amazing OC to match his amazing name.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If they promote someone on this staff, then you know they didn't even look anywhere else. Just like our now former OC.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Someone who already has experience in the Bengals so Guenther or Zim or Gruden.
Reply/Quote
Cooter, Haley or Mike McCoy. He's doing a good job in Denver. I know there were questions when he was at San Diego, but I love his aggressive and realistic nature
Reply/Quote
Anybody on this forum interested in HC?
Reply/Quote
1. Don't assume a promotion.
2. Don't assume it's someone they "know."
3. It's not Jon Gruden.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 10:16 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Jim Bob Cooter.

Amazing OC to match his amazing name.

Nothin wrong with a lil Cooter on the side-Line.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 09:00 AM)McC Wrote: Some coaches do better the second time around and I believe this could be the case for him.

Josh McDaniels is my first choice. He fizzled in Denver because he failed to get his choice for QB in Cassel in a trade. He had to deal with the divas of Cutler and Brandon Marshall (the WR) and the GM's decision to draft Tim Tebow.

I believe McDaniels will bring a lot to the table in helm as a Bengals HC. He is young and emotional which would be a new element to this coaching staff. Also, he has learned from the best in Bill Belichik. He would be able to have the Bengals prepared for primetime, divisional, and playoff games. He also knows how to exploit the weaknesses of the opponent. I think in one of those Super Bowl specials, they noticed that Edelman's quickness was hard for Sherman to cover and it ended in him getting a touchdown on football's biggest stage.

Therefore, I believe that Josh McDaniels is exactly what this team needs to get over the hump. I almost see it as a Tony Dungy/Jon Gruden like set up. Marvin, like Tony, has gotten this team out of the dark ages and has a strong core of players who could definitely compete for a championship with the right coaching, we just need the Josh, like Jon, to come in and fire this team up to win one.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 11:02 AM)3wt Wrote: Cooter, Haley or Mike McCoy. He's doing a good job in Denver. I know there were questions when he was at San Diego, but I love his aggressive and realistic nature

I dont care much for Haley, they want to drive him out at Pitt. I was reading an article the other day about McCoy. He seems to be the aggressive step on their throat and never let up type of coach I wish we had. Then it's back to reality with Marvin in charge. Blah
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2017, 11:17 AM)jowczarski Wrote: 1. Don't assume a promotion.
2. Don't assume it's someone they "know."
3. It's not Jon Gruden.

Psssst. Who is it?
Reply/Quote