Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Vigil a Bengal
(04-30-2016, 02:38 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Since we had Billings on 4th round, that will give the kid some air.

Like I said in the other thread. Two years from now, if Billings and Vigil are playing their roles well, nobody will care what order we took them in.
Reply/Quote
Dont get the hate.

In Duke we trust.

Looks to me to be a lot like Landon Johnson back in the day.
Fast extremely versatile tackle machine.
Reply/Quote
It's pretty funny to read this thread after we got Billings in the 4th.

I'm not gonna lie and say the Vigil pick doesn't make me a little nervous but I trust that Lewis, Guenther, and Haslet know a lot more about linebackers than your average draft pundit.

One of the biggest problems the Bengals have had with their linebackers has been dealing with big, pass catching tight ends. They brought Taylor Mays back to help deal with that. Now with Vigil they have a guy who can potentially play three downs who has the speed and movement to deal with those guys.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:41 PM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: IMO this guy will eventually change everyone's opinion of him. I think he's going to be a solid linebacker in the future for the Bengals. I watched some video of him right away after the pick, coaches are gonna have fun with him. His progression through college was great. Not sure about the rat tail stuff though lol.

I'm happy with the draft so far, three picks that will help the team.

The rat tail will make him a "West side Hero"

Mark my words
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:01 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Ourlads scouting had Vigil ranted as the #3 LB in the entire draft behind Jack & Raggland.

This is the 3rd time ive seen this remark online but he is listed 12th. Not sure if he was 3rd at some point before the draft.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-nfl-prospect-rankings-by-position/rankings/inside-linebackers/12
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:53 AM)TKUHL Wrote: This is the 3rd time ive seen this remark online but he is listed 12th. Not sure if he was 3rd at some point before the draft.

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-nfl-prospect-rankings-by-position/rankings/inside-linebackers/12

NFL Draft Scout had him as the #7 ILB

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/probe.php?genpos=ILB&draftyear=2016&sortby=tsxpos&order=ASC
Reply/Quote
I do have to apologize to Mr.Vigil and the board for being a prick last night after the pick. This kid is growing on me the more i hear about him. He could be our answer to the long search for a ILB that can cover TE's and RB's. So with that said I am truly sorry for my drunken rant. Who-Dey.............
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:30 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I do have to apologize to Mr.Vigil and the board for being a prick last night after the pick. This kid is growing on me the more i hear about him. He could be our answer to the long search for a ILB that can cover TE's and RB's. So with that said I am truly sorry for my drunken rant. Who-Dey.............

Good thing you apologized. Nick Vigil can now cross you off his list of people he has to kill.

Reply/Quote
Beaker...........Nick Vigil doesn't do chin ups..........he pulls the Earth down to him
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
when Nick Vigil stands directly between the Sun and Moon theres an eclipse
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 03:30 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I do have to apologize to Mr.Vigil and the board for being a prick last night after the pick.

Nick was being interviewed on ESPN last night. Here's a portion of it:

ESPN: There has been some very interesting reactions from Cincinnati over your number 3 pick
Nick: I know, been reading and hearing them. Especially from the BengalsBoard on the net.

ESPN: Not supportive?
Nick: Hardly, they've been making fun of my rat tail and also really making me to sound like a real dumb idiot....which Im not.

ESPN: What is that on the sides of your face?
Nick: Ketchup sideburns, looks really cool huh?

ESPN: .............
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: Nick was being interviewed on ESPN last night. Here's a portion of it:

ESPN: There has been some very interesting reactions from Cincinnati over your number 3 pick
Nick: I know, been reading and hearing them. Especially from the BengalsBoard on the net.

Nick: Hardly, they've been making fun of my rat tail and also really making me to sound like a real dumb idiot....which Im not.

My favorite thing about taking Vigil in the third?

It made Godfather mad.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: My favorite thing about taking Vigil in the third?

It made Godfather mad.

LOL, sorry to disappoint you but it didn't make me mad in the least bit. Im having fun on here. If you want to know what made me beyond mad...it was our loss to the Steelers in the playoffs. Now that made me angry on a whole other level being a Bengals fan and I thought Ive seen it all up to that point.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:49 PM)GodFather Wrote:  Im having fun on here.

Yep, nothing makes you happier than bitching and moaning.

But it still clearly upset you.
Reply/Quote
Meh, I think it's a conservative pick.

Vontaze Burfict may not have a long lasting carrer as a Linebacker.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 12:35 PM)GodFather Wrote: Nick was being interviewed on ESPN last night. Here's a portion of it:

To be honest, i'm not a big fan of the pick. But i'm not hoping and praying that the guy fails miserably.

I'm not sure I like the idea that our discussions get out there.

@Nick Vigil. I'm sorry if some opinions took away from the biggest moment of your life. I wish you the best of luck. As you're already aware, you're about to enter the hardest time period of your life and are about to begin a risky, but breathtaking journey. I hope for the best.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 01:20 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yep, nothing makes you happier than bitching and moaning.

But it still clearly upset you.

Shouldn't you be doing what you do best? Making meaningless stats to push peoples buttons? Here let me give you something to start with.

Nick's rat tail will be the longest tail to play in the NFL. The last person to step on the field with a rat tail the length of _____ was back in 19__.

Go to work...
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 01:37 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: @Nick Vigil. I'm sorry if some opinions took away from the biggest moment of your life. I wish you the best of luck. As you're already aware, you're about to enter the hardest time period of your life and are about to begin a risky, but breathtaking journey. I hope for the best.

Nick Vigil accepts your apology. Just don't let it happen again.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:34 PM)GodFather Wrote: Shouldn't you be doing what you do best? Making meaningless stats to push peoples buttons?

Ironic comment coming from a member who just admitted he was nothing but a troll "having some fun".
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2016, 02:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ironic comment coming from a member who just admitted he was nothing but a troll "having some fun".

It's only ironic if youre admitting being a troll.
Reply/Quote