Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nick Vigil a Bengal
(04-30-2016, 04:22 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: He would have been a great pick for us but he's shit for the Steelers' scheme.  They keep drafting horribly.  The only bright side to us not drafting him is the Steelers did.
I disagree with the Boyle grade because Thomas went early and he was the best receiver for us left.

None of the receivers before us fit what we needed.  I was pissed when Thomas went earlier, but he was the only better fit for us.  

I am pissed that we didn't take Billings or Hargrave.

Thomas or even Braxton Miller. I feel like both are weapons. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:44 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: He can tackle, he can move, seems like a reasonable pick here. Not sure why everyone's panties are in a bunch over this guy being the pick.

Because they don't know him. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
As someone mentioned, we are last in the league at covering the TE. A glaring problem that has yet to be addressed. This dude may be that fix. I'm willing on risking a 3rd round pick on this problem.

Reply/Quote
The Bengals coveted him. Marvin said something along the lines of not wanting to risk him not being there tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 01:27 AM)BengalChris Wrote: It's not Viril's fault, but he'll be forever compared with Hargrave.

And vice versa.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:36 AM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Vigil was the ONLY player in all of college football to record at least 9 tackles every game last year......the only one.

My gut tells me we've got a good player here.  When I first heard about his 5 - 6 round draft projection, I was a little worried, but these "experts" really don't know.  Geno Atkins was actually a 4-5 round draft projection, went in the 4th round, and is elite.  So draft projections really do not matter.  Lots of busts have gone in the first round.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I didn't know who he was but here is why I think Vigil was a good pick.

-Vigil's brother plays for the Dolphins ,so he has the bloodlines.
-ML wanted him enough not to want to wait till the 4th. (shows that they really wanted him)
-He put up great numbers in college.
-I think LB is one of the positions that the most important traits are difficult to measure. Its more of an intangibles thing or the players instints/fast recognition/nastiness which takes an experience football eye to see. (similar to Dawson)
-Playing intelligence.
-Tackling in space.
-Our coaches/evaluators liked him and they have proven to be right more times than not.
-And if he is good at coverage ,it is something we have been deficient in in the past at the LB position.

I'm going to trust the coaches on this one. I hope he ends up being a thumper and nasty and that he hates the "Hair Pullers" as much as we do.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 12:48 AM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Watch the tape on the guy he is not great. Small school low level competition. Watch vs Washington its on YouTube. Missed tackles bites hard on the play action, nothing to get excited about.

Yeah I am not seeing it either with this guy. Paul Dawson can't get playing time at LB so why wast this when we really need some youth behind and possibly in front of Peko
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 07:08 AM)jeremydc Wrote: As someone mentioned, we are last in the league at covering the TE. A glaring problem that has yet to be addressed. This dude may be that fix. I'm willing on risking a 3rd round pick on this problem.

He could have a rough time covering te's as most are going to have 2-4 inches and 10-30 pounds on him. He's more about getting to the rb, or probably playing a zone against the short pass on passing plays.
Reply/Quote
I'm good with him. We needed a tackling ILB for a long time.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Quote from Paulie G

“We’re trying to challenge the back end of our roster.” Bengals DC Paul Guenther on Nick Vigil.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind this. Would like to see him play before I start bashing the pick.

With that said, flowers is gone after Burficts suspension right? No way they cut Vigil.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I guess Billings had a knee issue that scared the bengals. Seemed to be very high on Nick since he was slated to be a day three pick and Marv said "couldn't risk taking him later".
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
I'll trust Marvin, Paulie, and Haslett when it comes to linebackers. And I'll totally trust Chip Morton to get the kid stronger (which seems to be the biggest knock on him).

Burfict, Maualuga, Dansby, Rey, and Dawson seem like locks. That means Vigil is fighting for the last spot with Flowers and Roach... DiManche is probably toast.

Will Burfict count against the roster during his suspension? If not, we could see a four game fight for the last backer spot.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, if you're one of those people who defends a guy's value because "the coaches know better!" or make fun of us who criticize by saying we're just upset because we took a guy no one heard of from a small school, just watch his tape. NOTHING to like. Too small, unathletic, misses a lot of tackles, gets overwhelmed by any blocker with size, etc.

This was an inexplicably poor pick.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I have no problem with our picks.. Boyd will be solid fit I felt no 1st round was a real #1 type pick and we have AJ.. Jackson adds depth to a need position ( hall gone, dennard injuried, Dre under performed) especially against the pass happy Steelers and Ravens.

We had LB still as a need position and we complain about lack of speed and versatility at that position and we then draft a LB with speed and versatility and a tackling machine.. most projected him in 4th round pick.. The organization liked him and took him in 3rd I really don;t have a problem with that.
Reply/Quote
This draft is telling me that coaches are high on hardison and the Clemson kid we signed as a free agent ( "baby Geno") who was great in pre-season last year.

I read a story that the Clemson kid was killing it during off season workouts.

I trust our coaches and Duke. They know what they are doing.

Hope we draft the WR from UC in fourth or fifth round.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 10:42 AM)bengals67 Wrote: This draft is telling me that coaches are high on hardison and the Clemson kid we signed as a free agent ( "baby Geno") who was great in pre-season last year.

I read a story that the Clemson kid was killing it during off season workouts.

I trust our coaches and Duke. They know what they are doing.

Hope we draft the WR from UC in fourth or fifth round.

There's a Coyle connection, right?  Doesn't his brother play for the Dolphins?
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 10:16 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Yeah, if you're one of those people who defends a guy's value because "the coaches know better!" or make fun of us who criticize by saying we're just upset because we took a guy no one heard of from a small school, just watch his tape. NOTHING to like. Too small, unathletic, misses a lot of tackles, gets overwhelmed by any blocker with size, etc.

This was an inexplicably poor pick.

I've been working my way through what I can find, and you and I see things different. He needs to get stronger for sure, but the kid has good quickness, good agility, and seems to know where the ball's going. 

If the biggest knock on the kid can be addressed in the weight room, That's fine. Taylor Mays has a world of speed and strength, but his agility and football instincts are poop. Give the kid with the stuff that's hard to teach to Chip, and see what happens.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2016, 11:08 AM)gobobro Wrote: I've been working my way through what I can find, and you and I see things different. He needs to get stronger for sure, but the kid has good quickness, good agility, and seems to know where the ball's going. 

If the biggest knock on the kid can be addressed in the weight room, That's fine. Taylor Mays has a world of speed and strength, but his agility and football instincts are poop. Give the kid with the stuff that's hard to teach to Chip, and see what happens.

He needs the Zietler diet. Like literally have him follow Zietler around so he can bulk up.
Reply/Quote