Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Bengals players claimed on Waivers.
(09-08-2015, 04:39 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Part of it is up to the player. Back in 07, Matt Toeaina was on our PS and turned down two offers because he wanted to stay with Cincy. However, our DL looked like crap throughout the season and the team didn't promote him so he took an offer from the Bears when they checked him out.

A lot of players want to stick it out with the team that took the flyer on them.
DeShawn Williams turned down other offers.

Jimmy O has made it sound like there will be roster moves after week 1 involving our PS guys. 
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:47 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: A lot of players want to stick it out with the team that took the flyer on them.
DeShawn Williams turned down other offers.

Jimmy O has made it sound like there will be roster moves after week 1 involving our PS guys. 

I think there will be a mixture of vets and PS players being added to rosters after week 1 due to the rule that after week one teams don't have to guarantee the salary the entire year so it reduces the risk for teams.

I hope our guys stay set, but you never know. We also don't know if the Bengals will look at a move or 2 after week one with vets or practice squad players.

I would think at a minimum we grab a vet OL to get to 9 on our 53 man roster as I don't recall us every only having 8.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder how many players that have at one point been on a PS eventually become starters (or at least valuable contributors) on a NFL team at some point throughout their careers.

Talent never seems to get developed from the practice squad.

I know one

James Harrison
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know one

James Harrison

That's the only one I know of too.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know one

James Harrison

(09-08-2015, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the only one I know of too.

Tony Romo, Arian Foster, Jason Peters, Danny Amendola, Danny Woodhead....
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2015, 02:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And so many folks seemed worried that having to cut such talented players was going to lead to them being snatched up by other teams.  LOL

maybe they are not so talented
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's the only one I know of too.

Kyle Cook has to be in consideration right? hes no superbowl mvp or anything but he had some good years coming from minnesotas practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 05:01 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Tony Romo, Arian Foster, Jason Peters, Danny Amendola, Danny Woodhead....

Impressive list.  Hope for the wanna be's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 09:11 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I stated some may be picked up, I was not pretending injuries don't happen.

My point was simply at this point in time no team grabbed any of our guys and we had some fans stating guys like Wilder Jr. and Williams were gone if not on our 53 last weekend.

They stated it as a fact, not a possibility and they were dead wrong.

I'm thankful that most of "our guys" did make it to the PS just for the fact that we may need them down the road.
The three that I chose to list are all capable and talented enough to play at the NFL level. Many of us are humble enough and thankful to be wrong in this instance.
All things will be revealed as the season plays out.
Reply/Quote