Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Timetable on when AJ Green will practice
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
Time will tell, but I'm thinking maybe AJ just wants the Bengals to let him go and then he can tell other teams "Yes, I was sitting out voluntarily, but it was while I was on the Bengals" and they'll be like "Good point, welcome aboard."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
For pitys sake just admit hes not going to step onto a field again this year and move on to someone who wants to at least play for a paycheck.

He and Glenn and Ross can go hang and talk about the next teams they can swindle.
Reply/Quote
This is one of those situations where it is bad no matter how you view it.

If he really is ready to play then he has gone from what I considered to be one of the classier guys on the team to a selfish jerk.

If he really is not ready to play then he will probably never again be the player he once was. He had several months to recover from his injury last year, but could not make it through a simple no-contact practice without suffering another serious (probably season ending) injury. Guys his age (especially wide receivers) just don't come back from something like that.
Reply/Quote
It’s very obvious something else is happening here. They’re jerking us fans around like we can’t tell Whatever

My guess is the contract negotiations have stalled and won’t pick up again. Blackburn/Katie probably low-balled him like they did with Whitworth. Although in their defense, paying AJ top dollar after he’s been injured for 3 years in a row is pretty ludicrous.

Situation absolutely sucks, no matter how you slice it. Looks like yet another player who wants out of Mike Browns Family Circus Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is one of those situations where it is bad no matter how you view it.

If he really is ready to play then he has gone from what I considered to be one of the classier guys on the team to a selfish jerk.

If he really is not ready to play then he will probably never again be the player he once was. He had several months to recover from his injury last year, but could not make it through a simple no-contact practice without suffering another serious (probably season ending) injury. Guys his age (especially wide receivers) just don't come back from something like that.

All fair points except for this. At what point will it stop being the players fault for wanting out and the owners fault for driving them away? At what point, Fred?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 02:43 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

be the day after our first win...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 04:05 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: All fair points except for this. At what point will it stop being the players fault for wanting out and the owners fault for driving them away? At what point, Fred?

Players are free to leave when their contracts are up.  I don't blame any player for saying he wants to leave the Bengals because they suck.  That has happened before and it will probably happen again. 

But you can't take $12 million salary this year and just refuse to play.
Reply/Quote
AJ is playing the big brain play. He sleeps in on Sunday, not worth playing for this team...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 04:04 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It’s very obvious something else is happening here. They’re jerking us fans around like we can’t tell Whatever

My guess is the contract negotiations have stalled and won’t pick up again. Blackburn/Katie probably low-balled him like they did with Whitworth. Although in their defense, paying AJ top dollar after he’s been injured for 3 years in a row is pretty ludicrous.

Situation absolutely sucks, no matter how you slice it. Looks like yet another player who wants out of Mike Browns Family Circus Whatever

Just so I am clear on this.  .  .  

You agree with what the front office is doing with Green, but you also want to call them stupid for doing it?

WTF
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Players are free to leave when their contracts are up.  I don't blame any player for saying he wants to leave the Bengals because they suck.  That has happened before and it will probably happen again. 

But you can't take $12 million salary this year and just refuse to play.

Indeed. IF healthy, he should play.

I also agree that either way it's an issue. IF he's refusing to play without a new contract, that's bad. IF he's legit been injured this long, that's bad too. He will have played over 10 games ONCE in 4 years.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 03:50 PM)R3stangs Wrote: For pitys sake just admit hes not going to step onto a field again this year and move on to someone who wants to at least play for a paycheck.

He and Glenn and Ross can go hang and talk about the next teams they can swindle.

Why would you lump Ross into this? He's shown he really wants to be on the field. Heck, he deliberately hid an injury his rookie year so he could get on the field.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2019, 04:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why would you lump Ross into this? He's shown he really wants to be on the field. Heck, he deliberately hid an injury his rookie year so he could get on the field.

Because fans irrationally lash out at players based off limited information in their somewhat psychotic desire to win a game they aren't even a part of. Fan is short for fanatic for a reason.
Reply/Quote
This is insane haha.

Just take him out of commission for the season.
Reply/Quote
I honestly can't believe there are still people out there that think he's going to play another down for the Bengals. It's not going to happen. He had a great career in stripes, but now it's time to accept the fact that it's over.

All the best to A.J. and his family going forward
Reply/Quote
https://a4.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2019%2F1031%2FLoving_ESPN_CoffeeTaylor_Revised16x9.jpg

Does this look like the guy who deserves to have AJ Green playing for him? The answer is no... AJ have a great career somewhere else, leave us while we watch and wait for Mike Brown to die.
Reply/Quote
And to think AJ took up a roster spot all year when we could have had another SLOW LB on the squad!
Reply/Quote
Thanks for all of the fond memories, AJ.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Very obvious what's happening.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote