Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
No suspension for Burfict, but possible fine(s) will be handed down.
(10-20-2018, 11:03 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have heard of no fine for Burfict for his physical but legal football play against the Steelers. I can't wait to see the apologies of those who bashed him, if not fine or suspension, simply they were wrong. Everyone knows if Burfict gets close to the line (others have to cross it), the NFL would nail him.

(10-20-2018, 11:59 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: So no fine, but a TON of media backlash over nothing? Of course, perception is reality these days so nobody will realize they are morons. I hate todays society lol

So now what?
Reply/Quote
So it's official. Burfict is not just under a microscope. He's playing under a completely different set of rules. You didn't do anything illegal but we know what you were thinking.

If anything, there's more to it on the Conner play than the Brown play. The Brown play is just pure fantasy, mind reading, and lobbying from the Steelers. Burfict did put his head down on the Conner play as did Williams (fine for him?). But rather than intent to harm it looks like just another one of Burfict's "too exhausted to play right" plays. Like earlier in the game where McDonald shucked him off like a wet jacket. Burfict tends to bend at the back and put his head down when he gets like that.

The team is going to have to do a better job of keeping him off the field when he's too tired to play without proper technique. He may have better instincts and know the defense better than his subs but the consequences of him flailing around are too severe given that he's playing under a different set of rules.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 06:44 PM)motoarch Wrote: So now what?

Took them long enough. Doesn't the league typically come out with fines mid week?
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2018, 11:42 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I love how 90% of the comments on the PFT story are anti-Steelers and making fun of Ben. It's great. Especially on a site as pro-Steelers as PFT.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/10/16/ben-roethlisberger-says-vontaze-burfict-threatened-juju-smith-schuster/

Ben continues to prove he is the biggest drama queen out there.  
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2018, 09:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Took them long enough. Doesn't the league typically come out with fines mid week?

Goodell had to pretend he was thinking it over and he didn't want to appear to cave in to the Squealers too quickly.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote