Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Normal People Sitting In The Handicapped Section
Since the season is over, I think I'm going to get a local news station or two to do a story on all you able-bodied pricks that steal the seats in the crippled section.

I know some people don't/won't care, but hopefully it frees up more tickets for people like me.

I also know that some people buy them by "accident" Rolleyes so hopefully a news story would motivate them to be a little more aware of what they're doing when they buy tickets.

Good idea?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Since the season is over, I think I'm going to get a local news station or two to do a story on all you able-bodied pricks that steal the seats in the crippled section.

I know some people don't/won't care, but hopefully it frees up more tickets for people like me.

I also know that some people buy them by "accident" Rolleyes so hopefully a news story would motivate them to be a little more aware of what they're doing when they buy tickets.

Good idea?

I was an usher and i was told you don;t question handicapped since people with emotional issues that need more space can be in those types of seats.. Also someone might have a pace maker not be able to do steps but look fine... 

I feel for you but it is more complicated than people think. As a whole my section , they have done a pretty good job with making at least sure people have tickets
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
yet you yourself have admitted to selling handicapped tickets to so-called normal people. I agree awareness is important, but don't be a hypocrite about it either. You never know the health status of the people sitting in those sections. Not all handicaps are visible or obvious

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:00 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I was an usher and i was told you don;t question handicapped since people with emotional issues that need more space can be in those types of seats.. Also someone might have a pace maker not be able to do steps but look fine... 

I feel for you but it is more complicated than people think. As a whole my section , they have done a pretty good job with making at least sure people have tickets

I get that there's people with conditions that can't be seen, but it's obvious that some people are just taking advantage of it. One poster on here even admitted that that's what he and his friends did.

Like I've said before, if it's three people and the fourth person is so mentally out of it that they don't even know where they are, much-less able to know what football even is, that's fine with me! I'm glad that you got them out of the house and I'm glad that you're able to enjoy the game (caring for people with disabilities or that struggle mentally is often a full-time job), but it's the people that just rob the system that just piss me off.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:06 PM)pally Wrote: yet you yourself have admitted to selling handicapped tickets to so-called normal people.  I agree awareness is important, but don't be a hypocrite about it either.  You never know the health status of the people sitting in those sections.  Not all handicaps are visible or obvious

A person on here even admitted to scamming the system.

If a handicapped person couldn't go to the game and you bought the tickets that way, it's fine, but just buying them to scam the system is wrong.

The only reasons I have sold my tickets is if I were sick or something or if I can't find anyone to go because, like I said, I could only get two tickets and, as fun as I am, people want to be around more friends.
Reply/Quote
Normal people? Something only someone in a wheelchair can say I guess. LOL
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Define normal. I have a friend that has severe arthritis and people always stare when she parks in the handicap parking spot. Don't assume anything.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Having a handicap doesn't neccessarily have to be visible. Could be mental also.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A person on here even admitted to scamming the system.

If a handicapped person couldn't go to the game and you bought the tickets that way, it's fine, but just buying them to scam the system is wrong.

The only reasons I have sold my tickets is if I were sick or something or if I can't find anyone to go because, like I said, I could only get two tickets and, as fun as I am, people want to be around more friends.

Serious question:

How do you know the difference between a "normal" who buys a ticket after market from a disabled person vs. someone feigning a disability (which I assume is what you're talking about???) to get better tickets?

How do you tell?
Reply/Quote
Sorry you gotta deal with that. Unfortunately a lot of people suck.
Reply/Quote
Got a buddy who had lost his leg in Iraq. Walked just fine, like you'd know
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
There are numerous people who have disabilities and qualify for the disabled section that may not apparent to you or anyone else. I don't think this is a good idea. The first question would likely be "how do you know they aren't disabled?"
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:18 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Define normal. I have a friend that has severe arthritis and people always stare when she parks in the handicap parking spot. Don't assume anything.

Yes. Not all disabilities can be seen.

I do empathize with people with severe disability and understand Brad's concern.

We love in a weird world. One where people walk around with therapy dogs if they're too stressed.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: A person on here even admitted to scamming the system.

so how do you know the "normal" people didn't get their tickets by buying them from the disabled person.

There is NO way to police this without putting the ticket sellers in the position of asking the purchaser ILLEGAL questions.  But if you want to make sure tickets are available for the disabled community stop making excuses for you and others selling them to anybody.  There are plenty of ways you can sell tickets within the disabled community if you make the effort

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
[Image: WUAc.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I used to split season tickets that happened to be in the handicapped section. The guy bought them from went in on them with his dad who had his tickets all the way back through Riverfront Stadium. I always felt bad sitting there but I think 3/4 of my section did not appear to be handicapped. I always wondered how that was supposed to be administered as anyone is free to sell their tickets
Reply/Quote
Here we go again....
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Normal people?  Something only someone in a wheelchair can say I guess. LOL
Yep ThumbsUp

Hilarious
(01-30-2023, 08:18 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Define normal. I have a friend that has severe arthritis and people always stare when she parks in the handicap parking spot. Don't assume anything.
See below to Lebanon's post..
(01-30-2023, 08:22 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Having a handicap doesn't neccessarily have to be visible. Could be mental also.
See below to Lebanon's post.
(01-30-2023, 10:13 PM)LebanonFan Wrote: I used to split season tickets that happened to be in the handicapped section.  The guy bought them from went in on them with his dad who had his tickets all the way back through Riverfront Stadium.  I always felt bad sitting there but I think 3/4 of my section did not appear to be handicapped.  I always wondered how that was supposed to be administered as anyone is free to sell their tickets
My points exactly.
(01-30-2023, 10:14 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Here we go again....

Gotta lover responses like this from people who think they're too good for the thread or that the thread's stupid and they can't add anything to it.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: WUAc.gif]

Wow, the people in that gif probably need to sit in the accessible section!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:52 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wow, the people in that gif probably need to sit in the accessible section!

Ironically, they were seated in the accessible section at the front of each train.  D'OH!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote