Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Not impressed with Browning
He has a fairly accurate deep ball which is a plus his main fault he doesn't process information quickly enough at an NFL level and if you don't posess many other plus traits thats not a recipe for long or even short term success for that matter. Someone like Dobbs with the Vikings he is farily accurate with + athleticism same with Trubisky. Browning is defeinitely a bottom 5 backup QB maybe even worst QB on a NFL roster. At least Brandon Allen knew the system and processed information pre - snap somewhat quickly. At least he isnt trying to force the ball which is a plus but if he isn't going to make many downfield throws not going to matter
Reply/Quote
Browning did okay IMO on Thursday night. He will be given more practice reps this week and hopefully emerge as a stud. The real test will be Pittsburgh next Sunday.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
He wasn't terrible, but I am not impressed with Browning either. Like Bfine said in the rough thread, McCarron might be the
better option or bring in somebody else. Or both.
Reply/Quote
This team won't win more than a game or 2 with these guys.
Reply/Quote
I can hate on a player as good as the next guy, but he came in cold to face the Ravens. He isn't going to be our Brett Favre, but not going to judge him very harshly on such a limited display.
He still wasn't the worst player on the field last night.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This team won't win more than a game or 2 with these guys.

Which actually might be a good thing. Would be awesome to get a top talent in the Draft to add to this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He wasn't terrible, but I am not impressed with Browning either. Like Bfine said in the rough thread, McCarron might be the
better option or bring in somebody else. Or both.

Before the final garbage time drive where the Ravens stopped caring because it was a 21 point game with like 3 minutes left, he was 5/11 (45.5%) for 37 yards (3.4 YPA). They had 3 3-and-outs on 5 drives, and produced 3 points.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
If Jake Browning is underwhelming should the coaches consider starting AJ McCarron?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Browning looked like an inexperienced QB - which he is.
Reply/Quote
Most backups are not going to come in the middle of a game and do well.
The big test is from here on out.
Now that he will get starter reps and build familiarity with the starters, can he play well enough to have the team still win?
I'm not going to criticize him for this first half-game performance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I think that it's a bit soon to be down on Browning. The staff elected to make him the back up based upon what they saw in him from camp, preseason and practice. Evidently they thought he was worth a shot, maybe we should at least give him a chance as well?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
IMO Finley was worse Allen was better. Simian had a noodle for an arm. so beating him out isn't impressive. Zac evaluation of QB's leaves much to be desired. Dalton was worse for Zac than any other coach Finley was terrible Allen below average. Browning limited mobility with a decent arm that holds on too the ball to long because he cant process information quickly with a head coach that has done next to nothing without Burrow. Zac Taylor is about to get exposed. Lou will probably be wrongfully fired as the scapegoat for the dumpster fire that is potentially coming
Reply/Quote
What? You don't like his "500!" style moonballs down field?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 07:55 PM)PDub80 Wrote: What? You don't like his "500!" style moonballs down field?

at least he wasn't captain checkdowning it up, although maybe zac will have him do that now for some reason, because he seems to like to make burrow do that who has likely a superior arm when healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 06:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Before the final garbage time drive where the Ravens stopped caring because it was a 21 point game with like 3 minutes left, he was 5/11 (45.5%) for 37 yards (3.4 YPA). They had 3 3-and-outs on 5 drives, and produced 3 points.

So you're saying the Ravens didn't care if we scored a TD late in the game? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Being undrafted, was he a beast in the Arena League by chance?

Otherwise I have nothing to go on here.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 08:03 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Being undrafted, was he a beast in the Arena League by chance?  

Otherwise I have nothing to go on here.

His initials are JB 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Backup QB in NFL not as impressive as starter.

In other news, water continues to make things wet and the Sun continues to rise in the East.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 05:25 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Browning did okay IMO on Thursday night. He will be given more practice reps this week and hopefully emerge as a stud. The real test will be Pittsburgh next Sunday.

If Trenton Irwin doesn't drop that 3rd-down dime that Browning threw on the drive before half-time, it would have meant at least a FG try for the Bengals and little to no time for the Ravens to go down and score before the half. 

However, I can't assess Browning's play, because right after half-time I called it a night. I was prepared to stay up to the end, despite starting work at 6am. But once Burrow was declared out, and after the Ravens had scored a TD right before the half, I could see the writing on the wall.
Reply/Quote
Browning and the offense was no worse than the starting defense in the 2nd half.
Reply/Quote