Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
(04-28-2018, 04:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love the Darius Phillips pick, would of been fine with him in the 4th.

Dude is like the best Returner of all time and is a damn fine CB.

Good returner against terrible competition.  No way those are returns in the NFL.   Despite the hoopla here is not a starting NFL corner, even on the Bengals.  He's 5'10" 179.  He's strictly a slot corner and the taller slot receivers will just bully him for 10 yard completions all day long.   He fumbles.   He's just a flyer as a punt returner.  Basically the Bengals chucked the draft a while back and are just throwing darts.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think the writing is on the wall. No more pacman, Dennard is gone after this year and they'll probably try and trade out of that ridiculous Dre Kirkpatrick contract. 

Neither one of the corners will start a game in the NFL.  Settle down. 
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:31 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Yeah, junior! Could you not deduce that by my post you quoted?

Seems overly dramatic but hey...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:31 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Lol god I hope not. Barrett is garbage

With 3 7th rounders, I wouldn't doubt it...Mikey likes his Bucks...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:25 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well the Bengals are done now until the 7th round, unless they trade up.

No chance.   The 7th round picks allow them to bring in their pick of training camp fodder free agents to invite to camp.  We were done drafting for possible starters yesterday.
Reply/Quote
So much for Valdez scantling

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:36 PM)yang Wrote: No chance.   The 7th round picks allow them to bring in their pick of training camp fodder free agents to invite to camp.  We were done drafting for possible starters yesterday.

Who pissed in your Wheaties?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That about does it. Bengals have no picks in 6 and have 3 picks at the very end of 7. Good luck on who they pick at end of 7.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:29 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Those were total returns I believe, between intros and kickoffs/punts.

But yeah, Erickson is solid on kickoff returns, so I have no issue with him there. But we can always use someone else on punts that can be more electrifying for sure.
Erickson blows.   He led the team in fumbles and don't think one time he busted a long return.  Only decent thing we go in return was when Adam Jones came in.   He's a slow white return man who fumbles.   Absolutely zero value to this team. Not sure why everyone is in love with him.  guarentee he was ranked at the bottom of the league in almost every return catagory. 
Reply/Quote
I just love the draft thread.
I was gone for like 3 months and came back just to read about
how every draft pick past the 4th round is cemented in future plans and
cause for starters to be traded and or cut.

You guys never let me down.
Reply/Quote
Phillips grade from CBS

Grade: A-
Smaller CB who finds the football often because of his quick-twitch athleticism and speed. Could stand to add some strength.
Reply/Quote
I’m guessing Dennard gets an extension and they plan on him and WJ III as the corners with Dre as the third corner. All of these guys are competition.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Seems overly dramatic but hey...

Sick I tell you!

Reply/Quote
Lazard, Elliott, and Ateman still there. That kicker Pineiro is there.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:37 PM)McC Wrote: Who pissed in your Wheaties?

No one.  Do you want people to lie to you?  How many 7t round picks make the team?  Start?   This is just reality.   They pretty much just drafted possible special team players today.  They never even drafted an OT or O Guard.   Think about that.  This draft was pretty bad.  Nothing fell right right and if could easily beat 2015 for being worse and that's saying a lot.   
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:53 PM)yang Wrote: No one.  Do you want people to lie to you?  How many 7t round picks make the team?  Start?   This is just reality.   They pretty much just drafted possible special team players today.  They never even drafted an OT or O Guard.   Think about that.  This draft was pretty bad.  Nothing fell right right and if could easily beat 2015 for being worse and that's saying a lot.   

The people that do this for a living seem to disagree with you. Most of these picks are getting a positive reception.

Rounds 1-3 alone will make this better than 2015

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:53 PM)yang Wrote: No one.  Do you want people to lie to you?  How many 7t round picks make the team?  Start?   This is just reality.   They pretty much just drafted possible special team players today.  They never even drafted an OT or O Guard.   Think about that.  This draft was pretty bad.  Nothing fell right right and if could easily beat 2015 for being worse and that's saying a lot.   

No, I actually expect people to lie to me.  Fewer disappointments that way.  And I realize someone always feels compelled to keep pointing out the down side.  This is your day, I guess.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:33 PM)yang Wrote: Neither one of the corners will start a game in the NFL.  Settle down. 

Really now, I was exaggerating. Though I think (hope) Kirkpatricks days are numbered.
Reply/Quote
Lmfao!!!!!So the right side of this Oline is still garbage & not a single move today. I love this successful organization making middle finger statements because what do us stupid fans know? The Oline is good to go appearently. Lol, this is so great.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:29 PM)Rattler Wrote: Yeah, IMO 7th rounders have little separation from UFA's...

Maybe they take Barrett in the 7th...

Agree, but we don't have to compete against 32 teams for the UFA.

I think we use the 7th round to take the guys who fell for character or maybe injury concerns, kow risk and high reward if they make the team
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote