Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
***OFFICIAL 2018 DRAFT DISCUSSION THREAD***
Ok my 7th round wishlist is as follows:

K piniero

WR Valdez scantling

Reply/Quote
Love the Darius Phillips pick, would of been fine with him in the 4th.

Dude is like the best Returner of all time and is a damn fine CB.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love Darius Phillips. Who knows maybe Dre K gets the axe

He can also give serious competition to Erickson for returns too
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:16 PM)Joelist Wrote: You know, aside from the lack of a RT I like this draft so far. A legit Center prospect, a center fielder type free safety, linebacker and DL help, not bad.

Price isn’t a prospect. He’ll start GM1.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I love Darius Phillips. Who knows maybe Dre K gets the axe

I think the writing is on the wall. No more pacman, Dennard is gone after this year and they'll probably try and trade out of that ridiculous Dre Kirkpatrick contract. 
Reply/Quote
They are sticking to their big board so many of these pics aren't going to make any sense and many of these athletes aren't going to make the team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:19 PM)Rattler Wrote: Corner crazy...

We're gonna invent the Quarter defense.  Geno and ten CB's.  Nobody will ever see it coming.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well the Bengals are done now until the 7th round, unless they trade up.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:24 PM)McC Wrote: We're gonna invent the Quarter defense.  Geno and ten CB's.  Nobody will ever see it coming.

Quarter defense is a real thing haha
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:22 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: 5th round grade.

Moved from WR to CB as a sophomore. Playmaker with an FBS record for career returns for TD's with 12 (5 kick returns, 5 interception returns, 1 fumble return and one punt return). Has the speed and ball awareness to play at a high level but unpolished technique. Consummate teammate and "unbelievably hard working". Unreliable tackler lacking the finishing strength to ground ball-carriers. 7 fumbles the last two seasons.

Looks like the Bengals are taking a lot of talented guys that need to be coached up. Let's hope the new coaches are up to the task.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:23 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He can also give serious competition to Erickson for returns too

I think between Darius Phillips and Brandon Wilson we will have a great returner.

I don't see Erickson beating these guys out for the job unless they are not securing the ball well.

Phillips had what? Like 12 return TD's in college?!!!
Reply/Quote
And Jeff Driskel exhales.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:22 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: 5th round grade.

Moved from WR to CB as a sophomore. Playmaker with an FBS record for career returns for TD's with 12 (5 kick returns, 5 interception returns, 1 fumble return and one punt return). Has the speed and ball awareness to play at a high level but unpolished technique. Consummate teammate and "unbelievably hard working". Unreliable tackler lacking the finishing strength to ground ball-carriers. 7 fumbles the last two seasons.

This is my assessment they are picking players with try hard work ethics they are changing the culture and mentality of the team.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:23 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think the writing is on the wall. No more pacman, Dennard is gone after this year and they'll probably try and trade out of that ridiculous Dre Kirkpatrick contract. 

Nobody is taking on that Dre contact.

Reply/Quote
Its been a good draft. I dont really care about the 7th round picks that much, so I think they have done a good job.

In terms of the o-line, there will be quite a few future free agents after they get cut in the coming months the Bengals can hopefully snag 1 or 2 to bring in as well, so there is that.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:25 PM)Au165 Wrote: Quarter defense is a real thing haha

It's Quarters, isn't it?  Okay, we'll call it Fitty Cent.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think between Darius Phillips and Brandon Wilson we will have a great returner.

I don't see Erickson beating these guys out for the job unless they are not securing the ball well.

Phillips had what? Like 12 return TD's in college?!!!

Those were total returns I believe, between intros and kickoffs/punts.

But yeah, Erickson is solid on kickoff returns, so I have no issue with him there. But we can always use someone else on punts that can be more electrifying for sure.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, IMO 7th rounders have little separation from UFA's...

Maybe they take Barrett in the 7th...
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Over not getting a 5th rd OT? Lol

Yeah, junior! Could you not deduce that by my post you quoted?

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 04:29 PM)Rattler Wrote: Yeah, IMO 7th rounders have little separation from UFA's...

Maybe they take Barrett in the 7th...

Lol god I hope not. Barrett is garbage

Reply/Quote