Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
OT Jordan Mills visiting
(04-04-2019, 05:20 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: This is what frustrates me the most. We were a couple of players away and didn't use free agency to go get them. Just ride with what we got. Now we are even more players away and we are riding with what we got. Signing the same players that didn't get you anywhere is not being active in free agency to improve. When your only improvement is a debatable BW Webb you have to be a brain washed cult member to defend that. I hate that we had a ton of talent in there prime and we just sat back and let the years go bye. It is sooooo frustrating but come September I will be in front of the tv rooting away. Damn you MB and your koolaid.

It is frustrating, hell, if the FO just listened to some of us in those years we might of won a Playoff game or two yah never know. We knew we needed a decent Center and were calling it for nearly a decade and they just ignored the anchor of the Offensive Line. It is not hard to see where a team is bad and say hey, need to add a Center...

Thank God they finally did in Price, but it seems they are always a year or 3 late in doing the right things.

Hopefully they don't wait another year to improve the Linebacker and RT positions lol
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 05:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It is frustrating, hell, if the FO just listened to some of us in those years we might of won a Playoff game or two yah never know. We knew we needed a decent Center and were calling it for nearly a decade and they just ignored the anchor of the Offensive Line. It is not hard to see where a team is bad and say hey, need to add a Center...

Thank God they finally did in Price, but it seems they are always a year or 3 late in doing the right things.

Hopefully they don't wait another year to improve the Linebacker and RT positions lol

See here is my point.

They don't have to listen to fans or message board posters.

What they need to do is realize the obvious and show some initiative to improve like any other reasonably run NFL team.

I'm not on some trip that they care or that my opinion means shit.

Them not doing what needs to be done in ample time makes them a laughingstock mom & pop run team.

Get with the program Mike and company.

This lack of effort and motivation is what I'm the most tired of.

Hate the sin, love the sinner.

I hate this stupid FO but love the team and root for the players.

Is it really hard for some to comprehend with saying someone is a squealer, whiner, downer?

Hopefully ZT and the coaches can get things done, in spite of the ownership.

Wow that sounds familiar...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: See here is my point.

What they need to do is realize the obvious and show some initiative to improve like any other reasonably run NFL team.

Them not doing what needs to be done in ample time makes them a laughingstock mom & pop run team.

Is it really hard for some to comprehend with saying someone is a squealer, whiner, downer?

Yeah, it isn't rocket science. Makes me wonder about these people's IQ's running this thing.

I actually think Duke Tobin is smart and same with Taylor so hopefully these two can right the ship.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: See here is my point.

Well said. Love this team to death but really just want shake the stupidity out of the Brown family. All these years with the same model that doesnt work and still to stupid and stubborn to try something different. We are the blockbuster or kodak of football.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 06:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: What they need to do is realize the obvious and show some initiative to improve like any other reasonably run NFL team.

Just curious, but how many NFL teams do you think are "reasonably run"?

(04-04-2019, 06:24 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This lack of effort and motivation is what I'm the most tired of.

Over the last decade the Bengals had a higher winning percentage than 19 other NFL teams.  They played in the tough AFCN and were 9th in wins against playoff teams and 8th in wins against teams that finished with a winning record.

Those numbers are not "great" but it seems pretty impressive that the Bengals managed to outperform so many other teams without even trying.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but how many NFL teams do you think are "reasonably run"?

Over the last decade the Bengals had a higher winning percentage than 19 other NFL teams.  They played in the tough AFCN and were 9th in wins against playoff teams and 8th in wins against teams that finished with a winning record.

Those numbers are not "great" but it seems pretty impressive that the Bengals managed to outperform so many other teams without even trying.

It’s the commitment level of winning. There’s a definite middle ground here. It’s the difference from trying to succeed and trying not to fail. The bengals fall in the latter
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It’s the commitment level of winning. There’s a definite middle ground here. It’s the difference from trying to succeed and trying not to fail. The bengals fall in the latter

How many teams in the NFL do you think are trying to succeed?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:54 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It’s the commitment level of winning. There’s a definite middle ground here. It’s the difference from trying to succeed and trying not to fail. The bengals fall in the latter

Can't agree with that.
I actually do think Mike Brown wants to win, his only problem is that he was far to loyal to a coach that seemed to have lost interest after the 15/16 playoff game.
Even last year, people on here were saying we would make the playoffs until we were crippled with injuries. Well we have all these players back along with a few more plus the draft to come.
We have underwent the biggest coaching changes under Mike Brown along with upgrades throughout the facility.
I think he wants to win and win bad. I just hope Zac can get the team finally playing to its full potential.
Reply/Quote
The current state of the Bengals franchise is that we have an 8 page Jordan Mills thread ruling the board.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:27 PM)phil413 Wrote: The current state of the Bengals franchise is that we have an 8 page Jordan Mills thread ruling the board.

And no one has mentioned Jordan Mills over the last 4 pages.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 09:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just curious, but how many NFL teams do you think are "reasonably run"?

Last playoff win: January 6, 1991. Not a typo. 

Bush was President. That's George H.W. Bush.
Gulf War didn't start yet. 
There was still a USSR.
Nirvana had yet to release Nevermind.
The WorldWide Web was JUST invented by Tim Berners-Lee.
Pan-Am still had flights.
The Reds were the defending World Champions.
BengalFanInNJ was killing it in High School in New Jersey.

You get the gist. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And no one has mentioned Jordan Mills over the last 4 pages.

Ha. Good point. 
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:47 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Last playoff win: January 6, 1991. Not a typo. 

Bush was President. That's George H.W. Bush.
Gulf War didn't start yet. 
There was still a USSR.
Nirvana had yet to release Nevermind.
The WorldWide Web was JUST invented by Tim Berners-Lee.
Pan-Am still had flights.
The Reds were the defending World Champions.
BengalFanInNJ was killing it in High School in New Jersey.

You get the gist. 

Actually "no" I don't get the gist at all.

How many NFL teams do you think are reasonably ran?
Reply/Quote
Well back to Jordan Mills, I decided to check out his scouting reports. They all said he is better suited to RT than LT and better in a power scheme than a zone scheme. If this is so than Mills makes sense (assuming he is signed) if the plan is to go to a power blocking scheme. Which ironically is what happened later in 2017 when Lazor got Piano Man overruled and changed our run blocking scheme to power.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: How many teams in the NFL do you think are trying to succeed?

Reply/Quote

We've had players that can eak us into the playoffs.

My point is the areas of weakness were not addressed and the coaches and FO offered up bullshit reasons for not doing anything.

Get with the program Fred.

You know as well as I do that they didn't do enough and thought they'd roll with what they had.

Bad moves and being sluggish to doing anything about it has been the Achilles to this team for quite some time.
Reply/Quote
Trying to make us believe that players like Ced O., Fisher, Nickerson, Bodine, and now Bobby Hart are their best options for starters and that no one is out there that can supplant them are great examples of pure laziness and ineptitude.

Guys like Maualuga, who weren't the worst, but held starting jobs and kept being automatically handed contracts. They really didn't even try. Sometimes they would sign players like that quickly even when they weren't highly desirable as free agents.

Look no one expects us to have upper tier guys at every level but damn it all to hell at least try to improve.

This franchise has really had serious issues at upgrading the offensive line and finding quality linebackers. Preston Brown is a wait and see because of his injury. Burfict is basically a flash in the pan for us. Outside of that linebackers have been straight up dreadful consistently.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually "no" I don't get the gist at all.

How many NFL teams do you think are reasonably ran?

Not ours. Plus, I don't care about other teams. I want THIS team to be ran better. 
Reply/Quote

Hey why don't I just mention one.  The most important one.

Since you brought up our division.

Pittsburgh Steelers.

Didn't have to go to far for that one now did I?

Have they been having PR issues lately and trying real hard to appease their franchise QB?  Sure.

Regardless if they have a down year they still don't look pathetic.

They actually stake value in the trenches.

We'd all be liars if we said that there wasn't ownership envy for our team's most hated rival.

Now I know the lawyer in you will want to try to cling onto them not winning big recently, but hey let's just ignore a decade and more of tradition.

There are quite a few teams that use Free Agency successfully to benefit them.

Are you saying this team of ours has done their diligence to address problems?

Or are you quite content with their "trying" like signing Eric Winston that was retired and had no league interest?

Just curious... ?
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2019, 10:18 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Can't agree with that.
I actually do think Mike Brown wants to win, his only problem is that he was far to loyal to a coach that seemed to have lost interest after the 15/16 playoff game.
Even last year, people on here were saying we would make the playoffs until we were crippled with injuries. Well we have all these players back along with a few more plus the draft to come.
We have underwent the biggest coaching changes under Mike Brown along with upgrades throughout the facility.
I think he wants to win and win bad. I just hope Zac can get the team finally playing to its full potential.

Maybe you're not quite understanding what I am saying. I'm not saying he doesn't want to win. I'm saying he's so afraid of failing he lets that get in the way of the ultimate success. The ML situation is a perfect example of this. There's not another team in the NFL that would of kept ML as long as we did. None. He had to fire ML this year because of the diminished return from the fans. He's even said this! He fired ML because the fans quit showing up, not because he wasn't the coach to take this team over the hump. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote