Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obnoxious Boston radio guys bashing Taylor
(01-07-2022, 11:15 PM)Stewy Wrote: *does not care what two random radio douches say about the team/coach/players*

Nor do i understand why do any of you.....

Nor will I ever understand why people feel the need to enter a thread and make a post letting everyone else know that they do not care about said thread topic.

But in case anyone was wondering what Stewy’s opinion on the matter was (and I’m sure there are many who were dying to know), there it is!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:59 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don't think they can rip out the heart at this point because they have overachieved and are ahead of schedule -if they WIN their first playoff game then we DEFINITELY are playing with house money thereafter. I LOVE CJs statement that "this is not the standard - the standard is the super bowl" but I also recognize they are overachieving a bit, so if they don't quite get there it's okay too. 
Idk man, lol.. These last 2 weeks got my hopes up more than even 2005.. I've never seen an offense like this in Cincy.. This is special..
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 12:31 AM)Tony Wrote: Idk man, lol.. These last 2 weeks got my hopes up more than even 2005.. I've never seen an offense like this in Cincy.. This is special..

Only the 1988 team averaged more points than this squad, and not by much.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 06:28 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I think that is the general vibe around here.

There is a group that is just in right now and thinks Super Bowl. I envy them and think most of them weren't here for the 90's.

There is another group that is happy the team is winning but is just waiting to have their heart ripped out again and is being cautious (Wyche, Shake, myself and several others)

Then you have your anti-fans. This is a group of like 3 or 4 posters that just want to watch the world burn and are kinda upset always. 
I've noticed a bunch of new members latley.. That's how you know , the BENGALS, are on their way... Funnest team in football right now..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 11:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nor will I ever understand why people feel the need to enter a thread and make a post letting everyone else know that they do not care about said thread topic.

But in case anyone was wondering what Stewy’s opinion on the matter was (and I’m sure there are many who were dying to know), there it is!

Stewart hates everything...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 12:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Only the 1988 team averaged more points than this squad, and not by much.

I was 9 then and that's where my Fandom began, but I was gonna add, they are the only offense that compares but totally different. Pro set pound the rock offense.. I've  ever seen an air attack like this offense.. This is literally 2019 LSU all over again..
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2022, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know I never mocked Epps...err..Tomlin

He was good in house
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Where were these fools when we had Giggles ??

[Image: th?id=OIP.Pj2aowsrCAOa1SzyVuq_wwAAAA&pid...=112&h=164]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Zac actually strikes me for the most part as being stoic with a few outward instances of emotion.

The real sad part is that they treated what he did as a tick or something, when he was just fighting back the emotion.

That's all they got? So lame.

For the record I was not impressed with Zac and his former record.

His coaching has progressed and so has his players.

I'm not eating crow for shit. He was what his record and decision making was. Not good.

I will be a normal human being and give him credit for his current achievements... instead of someone gloating about blind faith in him and acting like it had an affect or self importance about it.

If that's you're thing. Knock yourself out.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 10:13 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Zac actually strikes me for the most part as being stoic with a few outward instances of emotion.

The real sad part is that they treated what he did as a tick or something, when he was just fighting back the emotion.

That's all they got?  So lame.

For the record I was not impressed with Zac and his former record.

His coaching has progressed and so has his players.

I'm not eating crow for shit.  He was what his record and decision making was.  Not good.

I will be a normal human being and give him credit for his current achievements...   instead of someone gloating about blind faith in him and acting like it had an affect or self importance about it.

If that's you're thing.  Knock yourself out.

But, but... The high and mighty would have nothing to complain about then...
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 12:31 AM)Tony Wrote:  I've never seen an offense like this in Cincy.. This is special..

Every team in the league is scoring more points.

This 2021 Bengal team is 5th in scoring.  The '04 team was 4th.  The 2015 team was 4th before Dalton was lost to injury.  The '13 team was 6th, just one spot lower than this current team.
Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_mj7r5ztsA51s4nyfho1_250.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every team in the league is scoring more points.

This 2021 Bengal team is 5th in scoring.  The '04 team was 4th.  The 2015 team was 4th before Dalton was lost to injury.  The '13 team was 6th, just one spot lower than this current team.

There are currently WAY more good QB’s in the league compared to back in 2004. Being 5th in scoring now is much more impressive to me. 2015 is harder to compare as you’re missing a quarter of the season.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There are currently WAY more good QB’s in the league compared to back in 2004. Being 5th in scoring now is much more impressive to me. 2015 is harder to compare as you’re missing a quarter of the season.

Agreed. 2004-2006 was probably the weakest stretch of QB play in this this millennium.

Beyond Peyton and Brady (and 05 Palmer), there really wasn't much going on.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 01:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Every team in the league is scoring more points.

Is your argument here that the 2015 and 2013 teams were as good or better on offense than the 2021 team?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 03:25 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Is your argument here that the 2015 and 2013 teams were as good or better on offense than the 2021 team?

Yes relative to the rest of the league.  This 2021 team is putting up more points but it is in a time where the rules allow every team to put up more points.

Our offense this year makes more big plays, but overall it has been very inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
We’ve also pulled Burrow out of how many games early, 2-3? Baltimore was the only time we let him truly run the score up. Our point totals could be even higher.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 03:11 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: There are currently WAY more good QB’s in the league compared to back in 2004. Being 5th in scoring now is much more impressive to me. 

(01-08-2022, 03:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agreed. 2004-2006 was probably the weakest stretch of QB play in this this millennium.

Beyond Peyton and Brady (and 05 Palmer), there really wasn't much going on.

Actually rule enforcement just makes more average QBs look good now.

And beyond Peyton and Brady there were Hall of Famers Brett Farve, Drew Brees, Kurt Warner, and Ben Roethlisberger.  

Trent Green is a perfect example of how changes in the game have effectd how we look at QB numbers.  After the 2005 season Trent was top 10 all-time in career passer rating and only 4 QBs in NFL history had more 4000 yard seasons than him.  But by today's standards he is just average. 
Reply/Quote
Rules have nothing to do with QB’s like Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson coming onto the scene. Those guys would have torn it up in any era.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 04:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Rules have nothing to do with QB’s like Patrick Mahomes and Lamar Jackson coming onto the scene. Those guys would have torn it up in any era.

Yes, they would be among the top QBs in any era but their current numbers are inflated compared to 20-30 years ago.

In 2004 only 3 QBs in the entire history of the NFL had ever thrown 40 tds in one season (Manning, Marino, Warner).  But now 4 QB have done it in just the last 3 years.

The game has changed due to new rules and how the old rules are being enforced.
Reply/Quote