Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octopuses are Aliens
So say scientists:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/octopus-genetic-code-reveals-alien-creature-170016745.html#reG4AgM

Quote:A new map of the octopus genetic code has revealed a creature so strange that it could be an "alien", say scientists.

The first whole cephalopod genome sequence shows a striking level of complexity with 33,000 protein-coding genes identified, more than in a human.

Octopus DNA is highly rearranged - like cards shuffled and reshuffled in a pack - containing numerous so-called "jumping genes" that can leap around the genome.

US r esearcher Dr Clifton Ragsdale, from the University of Chicago, said: "The octopus appears to be utterly different from all other animals, even other molluscs, with its eight prehensile arms, its large brain and its clever problem-solving abilities.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-18-2015, 10:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So say scientists:
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/octopus-genetic-code-reveals-alien-creature-170016745.html#reG4AgM

If they lived longer I'd say they'd be a strong candidate for the Earth's next sentient species.
That's a lot of "armage" for anal probing...  lock your doors.

[Image: th?id=JN.PP6RADAJbwQLTvVqKBFJXw&pid=15.1...=300&h=300]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]

There is a sucker born every minute.
[Image: tumblr_inline_nrl3b0BzaW1t138h8_500.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Just wondering if you were serious or just got an early jump on your morning trolling the evening prior?
(08-21-2015, 11:02 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just wondering if you were serious or just got an early jump on your morning trolling the evening prior?

Enough about me.

It was just to illustrate how absolutely moronic scientists can be it an attempt to figure out a created being.

We have introduced the "jumping gene".

(08-21-2015, 11:24 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Enough about me.

It was just to illustrate how absolutely moronic scientists can be it an attempt to figure out a created being.

Uh  hu....LOL.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Can you ever answer a direct question? Yes or no.

Did you believe they meant extraterrestrial by using the term "alien"?  Yes or no.

Are you that gullible?  Yes or no.
(08-21-2015, 11:56 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Can you ever answer a direct question? Yes or no.

Did you believe they meant extraterrestrial by using the term "alien"?  Yes or no.

Are you that gullible?  Yes or no.

Yes

No

No

But enough about me.

More likely that they're aliens than that they were created by a god, really. Only because aliens most likely exist and gods most likely do not.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposable_element

I'm really not surprised you believe the scientific search for answers to increase our knowledge and understanding of the world around us is "moronic.  

Because of such moronic scientific endeavors we understand the cause of diabetes and the pathophysiology of diabetic ketoacidosis and how insulin works to correct it. Approximately 100 years ago diabetic ketoacidosis was universally fatal without insulin treatment. Early insulin therapy used insulin collected from pigs. Our understanding of genetics now allows us to produce human insulin using genetically altered E. coil bacteria thanks to recombinant DNA technology.

I have diagnosed at least a dozen people with diabetic ketoacidosis. If it were up to god's plan every one of them would be dead. But, thanks to moronic scientists attempts to figure out a created being they all survived.

Before insulin, the survival rate of diabetic ketoacidosis when treated with prayer alone was 0%.

Moronic scientists.
(08-21-2015, 01:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposable_element

I'm really not surprised you believe the scientific search for answers to increase our knowledge and understanding of the world around us is "moronic.  

Because of such moronic scientific endeavors we understand the cause of diabetes and the pathophysiology of diabetic ketoacidosis and how insulin works to correct it. Approximately 100 years ago diabetic ketoacidosis was universally fatal without insulin treatment. Early insulin therapy used insulin collected from pigs. Our understanding of genetics now allows us to produce human insulin using genetically altered E. coil bacteria thanks to recombinant DNA technology.

I have diagnosed at least a dozen people with diabetic ketoacidosis. If it were up to god's plan every one of them would be dead. But, thanks to moronic scientists attempts to figure out a created being they all survived.

Before insulin, the survival rate of diabetic ketoacidosis when treated with prayer alone was 0%.

Moronic scientists.

Religion requires an attack on science when the biggest proof of a creator is the fact that there are still things we have not figured out.
(08-21-2015, 01:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposable_element

Moronic scientists.
I'm very thankful of these moronic scientists considering that my son was diagnosed with type I diabetes at 4yo, and he's now 15yo.
(08-21-2015, 02:14 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm very thankful of these moronic scientists considering that my son was diagnosed with type I diabetes at 4yo, and he's now 15yo.

They must be very prayerful.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-21-2015, 02:25 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: They must be very prayerful.
I admit I was devastated when he was first diagnosed and said some prayers, but I'm still very thankful to those moronic scientists they call doctors.
(08-21-2015, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Religion requires an attack on science when the biggest proof of a creator is the fact that there are still things we have not figured out.

I don't know that it requires an attack on science, but too often, that's exactly what happens.  I think that it's not really possible to believe in the bible or Christianity literally yet still consider yourself to have a scientific mind, but religion and science can certainly coexist, as long as the person has an open mind regarding their beliefs.  

I think that most of the time, religious folks attack science because it makes them look silly, and makes their beliefs seem childish.  If I held these beliefs that were constantly made to look foolish, I might be a bit butthurt over it too.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(08-21-2015, 02:14 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm very thankful of these moronic scientists considering that my son was diagnosed with type I diabetes at 4yo, and he's now 15yo.

Sometimes diabetic ketoacidosis is how insulin dependent diabetics learn they have diabetes. The first patient I had with it was a child. I was absolutely shocked to learn before we understood insulin that child would have died and there was nothing which could be done to prevent it. Shocked. Next I was saddened to think of all the parents who lost a child to diabetic ketoacidosis over the millennia because now it is rarely fatal with timely diagnosis and treatment.

Moronic scientists.
(08-21-2015, 03:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sometimes diabetic ketoacidosis is how insulin dependent diabetics learn they have diabetes. The first patient I had with it was a child. I was absolutely shocked to learn before we understood insulin that child would have died and there was nothing which could be done to prevent it. Shocked. Next I was saddened to think of all the parents who lost a child to diabetic ketoacidosis over the millennia because now it is rarely fatal with timely diagnosis and treatment.

Moronic scientists.

Yea fortunately for us my sons mother is a nurse and caught some tell tale signs (such as thirstiness) in time before he went into DKA. Though it's a pain the ass at times, it is manageable.   My dad and sister are also type I diabetic (it some how skipped me) and both are still around because of those moronic scientists.
(08-21-2015, 12:12 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: More likely that they're aliens than that they were created by a god, really. Only because aliens most likely exist and gods most likely do not.

Alien life is a statistical fact give the trillions of planets orbiting billions of starts in the billions of galaxies that exist.  A divine creator... not so much.