Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Octopuses are Aliens
(08-23-2015, 08:52 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: This is probably the best post I've seen you make yet.

Hardly, I've been eviscerating you for years. 

Quote:You've really let me down in the shit-talking department until now.  I'll rep you for this one though.

Eh, it gets old shooting down the same tired idiocy, you start to lack motivation.

Quote:I'd love to hang around, but I'm going to hit the range with my new Sig 1911 before Fear The Walking Dead comes on. 

Rock On

If you actually own this gun, which I for some reason doubt, it would make sense.  One of my least favorite platforms by one of my least favorite manufacturers.  
(08-23-2015, 08:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you actually own this gun, which I for some reason doubt, it would make sense.  One of my least favorite platforms by one of my least favorite manufacturers.  

Does this mean you're a Glock fanboy  ?
It seems that most people who do not like 1911 seem to be big on Glocks.
(08-23-2015, 08:56 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Hardly, I've been eviscerating you for years. 

Eh, it gets old shooting down the same tired idiocy, you start to lack motivation.

If you actually own this gun, which I for some reason doubt, it would make sense.  One of my least favorite platforms by one of my least favorite manufacturers.  

1) That would be quite a feat, seeing as how I never joined the old JN, and didn't make my first post here until a couple of weeks ago.

2) Whatever you have to do to overcompensate is cool with me bro. 

3) Don't care if you doubt it.  Don't care what you think of it either. 
(08-23-2015, 09:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Does this mean you're a Glock fanboy  ?

Glocks are durable.  They'll take an ass-kicking and keep firing.

I'll take my Sig over them everyday.  
(08-23-2015, 09:38 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Does this mean you're a Glock fanboy  ?

A bit, I do own three and they are my favorite striker fired pistols.  My dislike for the 1911 is partially inherited from my father and partially due to it being a heavy, inaccurate, platform.  I do like the grip angle though.  My favorite handguns are my cz75 sp01 tactical (9mm) and my S&W 686 plus.  No contest.

(08-23-2015, 09:52 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: 1) That would be quite a feat, seeing as how I never joined the old JN, and didn't make my first post here until a couple of weeks ago.

Of course you did.

Quote:2) Whatever you have to do to overcompensate is cool with me bro.

I appreciate your permission, sincerely.

Quote:3) Don't care if you doubt it.  Don't care what you think of it either. 

And here I thought we were getting along so well.  Sad
Nope. Never posted on the old JN. Never even registered, in fact.

You're free to not believe me. Don't care about that either.
(08-21-2015, 10:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alien life is a statistical fact give the trillions of planets orbiting billions of starts in the billions of galaxies that exist.  A divine creator... not so much.

It's not a statistical fact as much as it's a statistical probability. A similar type of statistical probability can be used to support a divine creator when you look at the exactness that is necessary for those billions of stars in those billions of galaxies to remain stable within the constant change in the Universe.

There's much more of a statistical probability pointing towards a divine creator than against one. The vast majority of people just choose to ignore it because scientists don't seek to confirm or deny the existence of ID, they just seek to answer why and how things do what they do. And since the vast majority of people believe those scientists are much smarter than they are, they choose to look at that neutral stance as a vote against. 

Knowledge is not power. Knowledge is knowledge. Proof is power.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-22-2015, 09:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So in your opinion, it's completely plausible for a being that existed before time to have decided to create everything that has ever been known, but it is not plausible to think that it might have all been an accident?  

Both of those ideas are mind-blowing to me, and I won't pretend that I know how the universe, or even life on this planet began.  I just always find it odd that so many people can say that the "accident" idea is so far out there, but feel that the "everything was created by an infinite omnipotent being" is a completely logical explanation.

Like with anything, an accident becomes less of an accident when more facts/answers are added. And i'm not saying ID is completely logical against the accident argument. I'm just saying, unlike a lot of people, when more answers are added and those answers point to A + B + C + D = E, accident becomes less likely and design becomes more likely. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-23-2015, 09:53 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Glocks are durable.  They'll take an ass-kicking and keep firing.

I'll take my Sig over them everyday.  

(08-23-2015, 10:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A bit, I do own three and they are my favorite striker fired pistols.  My dislike for the 1911 is partially inherited from my father and partially due to it being a heavy, inaccurate, platform.  I do like the grip angle though.  My favorite handguns are my cz75 sp01 tactical (9mm) and my S&W 686 plus.  No contest.

I don't have anything against Glocks.
It just always seemed as if guys that didn't care for 1911's were usually Glock fanatics.
To be honest, I haven't ever shot one, but intend to try them out.
As far as my 1911, it's not your grandpa's war 45.
It's a Para .40 Light Double-Action that holds 16.
It's my second favorite pistol, next to my S&W 629.
The only Sig I have is the 232 SL.
I'm no snob, I like all weapons.
Each one is a tool for a specific job and different brands/models afford a comfort/confidence factor to the person using it.
Rock On
(08-24-2015, 02:48 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like with anything, an accident becomes less of an accident when more facts/answers are added. And i'm not saying ID is completely logical against the accident argument. I'm just saying, unlike a lot of people, when more answers are added and those answers point to A + B + C + D = E, accident becomes less likely and design becomes more likely. 

So as we learn more and more its MORE logical that everything was created out of thin air and the whim of an all powerful being?

I'm not discounting a god.  I still believe in...something.  But that argument doesn't make sense to me.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
I'm amazed to what this thread has evolved into. Mellow
(08-24-2015, 10:56 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm amazed to what this thread has evolved into. Mellow

Sorry... but it seems to happen a lot in this forum.
The Ben Carson thread went off tangent, too.
I'm good, as long as it's not the same regurgitated shtick.
(08-22-2015, 09:50 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: So in your opinion, it's completely plausible for a being that existed before time to have decided to create everything that has ever been known, but it is not plausible to think that it might have all been an accident?  

I never said it wasn't plausible. Just pointed out it's a statistical impossibility. 
(08-24-2015, 11:38 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I never said it wasn't plausible. Just pointed out it's a statistical impossibility. 

LOL...Mkay
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-24-2015, 11:10 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Sorry... but it seems to happen a lot in this forum.
The Ben Carson thread went off tangent,  too.
I'm good, as long as it's not the same regurgitated shtick.

Yea I know it does.

Unfortunately it all sounds like the same regurgitated shit to me.  :snark:
This thread is like high school.
[Image: internet-tough.jpg?w=500]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

(08-24-2015, 01:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: This thread is like high school.

There wasn't this many trolls in my high school.
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-24-2015, 10:43 AM)GMDino Wrote: So as we learn more and more its MORE logical that everything was created out of thin air and the whim of an all powerful being?

I'm not discounting a god.  I still believe in...something.  But that argument doesn't make sense to me.

The more we learn where circumstances require other circumstances for stability, the less "random" seems plausible. And i'm not talking about something like a tree needs water in order to survive. I'm talking about things like fundamental interactions, ecosystems, etc.

(08-24-2015, 04:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: The more we learn where circumstances require other circumstances for stability, the less "random" seems plausible. And i'm not talking about something like a tree needs water in order to survive. I'm talking about things like fundamental interactions, ecosystems, etc.

The more I read what you type, the more I am convinced you don't know what the F you are talking about.  I still like you a whole bunch though.   ThumbsUp
[Image: m6moCD1.png]