Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2017 NFL Draft Day Thread***
(04-29-2017, 07:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/mason-schreck?id=2558864

That draft profile is blank.  On the plus side that means he has no listed weaknesses.  Not much in the way of strengths either though, or even a face.
(04-29-2017, 07:40 PM)Okeana Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/mason-schreck?id=2558864

Very informative. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Chad Kelly as Mr. Irrelevant...
Well, for what it's worth draftanalysis.com had this to say about Schreck..Sounds like a running play TE which could be good if we're going to run the ball a lot..
Quote:Nice-sized tight end with a developing game. Displays outstanding vision, shows the ability to slide out in pass protection and squares into defenders. Keeps his feet moving, bends his knees and blocks with leverage. Strong at the point and controls defenders. Consistently finds the soft spot in the defense to make himself an available target. Adjusts to the errant throw and extends to make receptions away from his frame. Keeps the play in bounds after the catch and works to pick up positive yardage.

Neg: 
Lacks overall quickness and speed in his game. Slow releasing off the line of scrimmage and more of a short-area target.

Analysis: 
Schreck is consistent in all areas of his game and spectacular in none. He possesses enough skill to make a roster as a third tight end.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

A really strong draft imo, I think we did a strong job in the earlier rounds and picked up some solid pieces later on too.

My only real complaint in terms the the draft itself and how it applies only to on the field, is that we didn't do something with those 3 4th rounders to try and move up. But maybe we weren't that high on anyone to move up into the 3rd again.
Hey, are we sure our 7th rounder even exists?
It's time to eat the sliced bread now..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

(04-29-2017, 07:44 PM)JumboTron Wrote: That draft profile is blank.  On the plus side that means he has no listed weaknesses.  Not much in the way of strengths either though, or even a face.

This is surely only a plus though? No game tape on the guy, he's a complete mystery to other teams. In part, as they won't even be able to see him on the field since it doesn't appear he exists.

I see this guy breaking every record in the books in his rookie year. Good value in the 7th for sure.
Looking at video of Wilson he might just turn out to be someone special depending on how they use him..of course it's college ball, but not too shabby..
https://youtu.be/QJsCRbjNW-4

Found this gem when reading Chad Reuter's quick team draft grades (btw, he gave Bengals an A-)
Quote:J.J. Dielman will be a long-time pro who can play anywhere on the offensive line.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000804541/article/2017-nfl-draft-quicksnap-grades-for-all-32-teams
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

I generally really like this draft. Love the first 3 picks from a talent perspective. hate that we just had to be the team to draft Mixon. I'll get over it, but it's almost felling like a self-fulfilling prophecy. Enough of that, though.

I'm with everyone else confused about the lack of o-linemen picked, particularly in round 4. The backup swing tackle probably doesn't belong in this league anymore as far as his health and durability are concerned. I suppose that Andre is a stopgap should the shit hit the fan.

Otherwise, I think they pulled a coup with the 2 edge rushers. It was a change in philosophy to some extent, and it was a move to get younger in a roster group that needs it. I hope they both pan out.

Honestly, no draft is perfect. I'd have to say this is the most pleased I've been with their draft since 2012.
A decent overall draft minus character/injury/ implementation concerns. As usual, I'll reserve judgement until next season.

(04-27-2017, 10:13 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: John Ross? Not BPA to meet our needs. I know it makes some happy, but DAMN! Goodbye 2017!

No Fred... This guy nailed it.

The first few pages of this thread were a fun read. Somebody's REALLY didn't want Jonathan Allen. Would've been embarrassing when he shredded Joe Burrow's knee in practice.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(05-27-2021, 08:42 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Maybe create an archived thread section where you can quote your old posts without annoying the rest of us. 

Or maybe a "safe space" for members like you who are so easily upset.
(05-28-2021, 08:56 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Or maybe a "safe space" for members like you who are so easily upset.

I was right about sliced bread..and it's still around doing its job!  And it's still the greatest thing since sliced bread..

(05-28-2021, 03:57 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Okay grandpa, keep it to yourself.
35k posts? Is this the only website you get in the nursing home? Is this how you're spending the last years of your life? Reminiscing on shitty posts you made years ago? 

Wow.. You're just full of good cheer towards all. I can't wait for Christmas. On the other hand I didn't go out of my way to be insulting. There are rules against such things on this board. You might want to read them before your good cheer ass gets booted.

(05-28-2021, 03:57 PM)EasyPeasy Wrote: Okay grandpa, keep it to yourself.
35k posts? Is this the only website you get in the nursing home? Is this how you're spending the last years of your life? Reminiscing on shitty posts you made years ago? 

Hey why don't you shut your face and quit attacking Gramps eh?

You sound like a little punk. Mellow
(05-28-2021, 08:12 PM)grampahol Wrote: Wow.. You're just full of good cheer towards all. I can't wait for Christmas. On the other hand I didn't go out of my way to be insulting. There are rules against such things on this board. You might want to read them before your good cheer ass gets booted.

No doubt, wasn't going to check into this thread and saw that.

He is reported. Mellow
(05-28-2021, 08:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: No doubt, wasn't going to check into this thread and saw that.

He is reported. Mellow

Thanks Nate, but I can handle myself..I'd rather give him a new rope then watch him b**ch about getting hung with it.. Smirk

(05-28-2021, 08:35 PM)grampahol Wrote: Thanks Nate, but I can handle myself..I'd rather give him a new rope then watch him b**ch about getting hung with it.. Smirk

Way to be brother. Cool