Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Official 2021 NFL Draft Thread***
(05-01-2021, 08:04 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: WRs are a dime a dozen, and not to mention that we could get a sleeper UDFA and that lots of solid vets are always surprising cuts.

Drafting so many edge guys makes me think that we'll be aggressive on defense, which I LOVE.

Keep the pass rushers fresh and say "give us two solid plays of going all-out and then you can come out and rest on third down.

I hope that's the plan!

Getting after the QB is the best way to go now a days. We did that with Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Ossai, Cameron Sample, Wyatt...

Stop the run with Reader, Tupou, Shelvin and let the boys pin their ears back. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:05 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I'm starting up the annual UDFA thread. So far we've grabbed a CB, P, and RB.

I would like to see the Bengals sign Tamorrion Terry.  Lots of potential there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixu28VuwnCo
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:31 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: I would like to see the Bengals sign Tamorrion Terry.  Lots of potential there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixu28VuwnCo

Same, Chris Henry clone without the off field issues.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same, Chris Henry clone without the off field issues.

Looks like he signed with the Seahawks
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Looks like he signed with the Seahawks

Damn. Thanks.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Getting after the QB is the best way to go now a days. We did that with Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Ossai, Cameron Sample, Wyatt...

Stop the run with Reader, Tupou, Shelvin and let the boys pin their ears back. Smirk

This is a great post. Look at what Tampa Bay did to Patrick Mahomes last year in the Super Bowl and look what the Giants did against Tom Brady in the Super Bowl twice. Also, think about the great pass rush the Bengals had with Mike Zimmer and the defensive line where personnel rotated in and out of the lineup.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is a great post. Look at what Tampa Bay did to Patrick Mahomes last year in the Super Bowl and look what the Giants did against Tom Brady in the Super Bowl twice. Also, think about the great pass rush the Bengals had with Mike Zimmer and the defensive line where personnel rotated in and out of the lineup.

Thanks FIK. Of course I agree, this is the way to go. Big reason why the Chiefs went all out in the trenches this Offseason.

Happy we did the same.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Getting after the QB is the best way to go now a days. We did that with Hendrickson, Ogunjobi, Ossai, Cameron Sample, Wyatt...

That’s what I’m saying!

It’s a passing league and you need to be able to force the quarterback into making mistakes or just sacking him.

Like you said, we have guys to at least slow down the run, and I would have preferred a big bad-ass backer to fill gaps, but hopefully we can still land one in FA.

Especially with a quarterback like Burrow, receiver like Chase, and explosive back like Mixon, teams are going to be forced to throw the ball to keep up with us.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks FIK. Of course I agree, this is the way to go. Big reason why the Chiefs went all out in the trenches this Offseason.

Happy we did the same.

Is this sarcasm?

The Chiefs signed an all-pro guard in FA to a multi-year deal. Then traded for an all-pro LT. Signed a top 2 C in Humphrey. They landed 2 elite players and 3 starters. Humphrey has elite potential at C.

We signed a serviceable RT to a 1 year deal. Reached for an underwhelming OT we could have gotten later who is so good we are moving him to guard, after trading down with better prospects on the board. And then drafted two guys on day 3 coming off serious injury.

All in on the trenches would have been: Thuney, Sewell, Humphrey/Meinerz. 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Is this sarcasm?

The Chiefs signed an all-pro guard in FA to a multi-year deal. Then traded for an all-pro LT. Signed a top 2 C in Humphrey. They landed 2 elite players and 3 starters. Humphrey has elite potential at C.

We signed a serviceable RT to a 1 year deal. Reached for an underwhelming OT we could have gotten later who is so good we are moving him to guard, after trading down with better prospects on the board. And then drafted two guys on day 3 coming off serious injury.

No it isn't. Reiff is proven same as Orlando and Thuney. Love Creed and wanted him but evidently Pollack liked Carman better 
who is going to be a Guard who can play OT and can start right away. You just have your preferences, that is all. I wanted pass 
rush and the OL fixed. We did this as long as everyone stays healthy. We went after Thuney and Carman is more pro ready than
Meinerz is and I was a Meinerz guy.

Once again, just your preference. Whatever.

Carman, D'Ante Smith and Trey Hill are great grabs along with Reiff not even mentioning the DL we addressed.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 12:55 AM)tms Wrote:
Quote:tms Wrote:

[url=http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Official-2021-NFL-Draft-Thread?pid=1022206#pid1022206][/url]
Nobody cares but here are the guys I'm targeting for different reasons. They don't all fit our system, but they all fit my tastes. [Image: c0528.gif] :

QB: -
RB: Kenneth Gainwell (3/4)Trey Sermon (4/5)Rhamondre Stevenson (4/5), Jermar Jefferson (5/6)
WR: Rashod Bateman (1/2), Terrace Marshall (1/2), D'Wayne Eskridge (3/4), Cornell Powell (5/6), Simi Fehoko (5/6), Marlon Williams (7), Damonte Coxie (7)
TE: Tommy Tremble (3/4)Ben Mason (6/7; FB/TE), John Bates (7)
OT: Penei Sewell (1), Teven Jenkins (1), Spencer Brown (3/4), Brady Christensen (3/4)D'Ante Smith (4), Josh Ball (7)Drew Himmelman (UDFA)
IOL: Wyatt Davis (2), Creed Humphrey (2), Quinn Meinerz (3), David Moore (4), Sadarius Hutcherson (5/6), Robert Jones (5/6), Kayode Awosika (UDFA)

=
DT: Osa Odighizuwa (4)Bobby Brown III (4/5)
Edge: Jaelan Phillips (2), Gregory Rousseau (1/2), Jayson Oweh (2), Ronnie Perkins (2/3), Dayo Odeyingbo (3)Quincy Roche (3), Patrick Jones II (4), William Bradley-King (6)Malcolm Koonce (7)
LB: Micah Parsons (1), Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (1), Jamin Davis (2/3), Chazz Surratt (3/4)Derrick Barnes (4)
CB: Asante Samuel Jr (2), Eric Stokes (2), Paulson Adebo (3), Benjamin St. Juste (3/4), Ifeatu Melifonwu (3/4)Kary Vincent Jr (4/5), Shakur Brown (5), Shemar Jean-Charles (6/7)Nahshon Wright (UDFA)
S: Richie Grant (2), Jevon Holland (2), Divine Deablo (3/4)Talanoa Hufanga (4), Damar Hamlin (5/6)
K: Evan McPherson (7), Riley Patterson (UDFA)
P: -
LS: Ryan Langan (1), Camaron Cheeseman (1), Turner Bernard (1), Brett Dioguardi (1), Adam Bay (1) ... j/k lol

... So if anyone else becomes a star in this league, I can't complain bc I wouldn'ta picked them myself!

-

* Also, just for the record, I'd pursue the following positions:

OL * 2 3
WR * 2 1
DL * 2 4
Joker * 2 (= Correct, RB, K.)

-

Enjoy the draft, y'all. Let's hope we come out of it with some studs.

[Image: icon15.gif]

===

^ Just updating my targets here. Guys still on the board in green. Paying especially close attention to Gainwell, Jefferson, Powell, Fehoko, Coxie, D'Ante Smith, David Moore, Hutcherson, Barnes, Shakur Brown and Hufanga. If we land one of them I'll be happy, two I'll be thrilled. Here's hopin'. 

Well, we got one! The Legend of D'Ante Smith begins now. Most of my guys landed somewhere: black strikeouts on Days 1 & 2; green strikeouts on Day 3; green bold not picked but signed as UDFAs for the most part. 

Round 5 did a number on my short list. Gainwell went at 150 immediately after we picked McPherson at 149; Fehoko, Powell, Hufanga went back to back-to-back as we approached our pick again at 190... those were painful moments for me lol but whacha gonna do. 

At least we got D'Ante. Can't complain. Because I said I wouldn't. Wink

Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:33 PM)Yogo Wrote: That's what Zac said a whole year ago remember?

Actually I never saw that quote. If he said I’m surprised he would.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 04:10 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Says who?

Dean Woermer
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 04:03 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Dean Woermer

[Image: OGC.7ca30aede308d7f6c71829122dca9fd5?pid...b2j1rq0%3d]

Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 04:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: OGC.7ca30aede308d7f6c71829122dca9fd5?pid...b2j1rq0%3d]

Let's face it flounder.  You threw up ON dean Woermer 
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 09:24 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Is this sarcasm?

Joe Thuney last year=980 snaps, 3 penalties, 2 sacks allowed, 74.2 PFF grade

Orlando Brown last year=1027 snaps, 5 penalties, 3 sacks allowed, 76.5 PFF grade

Riley Reiff last year=1003 snaps, 1 penalty, 1 sack allowed, 71.4 PFF grade
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 08:27 PM)Whatever Wrote: Joe Thuney last year=980 snaps, 3 penalties, 2 sacks allowed, 74.2 PFF grade

Orlando Brown last year=1027 snaps, 5 penalties, 3 sacks allowed, 76.5 PFF grade

Riley Reiff last year=1003 snaps, 1 penalty, 1 sack allowed, 71.4 PFF grade

Silly man.  Don't try and diffuse hysteria with facts.
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 08:34 PM)Stewy Wrote: Silly man.  Don't try and diffuse hysteria with facts.

Joe Thuney just signed a 5-year deal for $80 mill. Riley Reiff signed a 1-year for $7.5. It's weird. There are clearly people outside of this board who suffer from the same hysteria. Please help them see the "facts". 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2021, 04:49 AM)tms Wrote: Well, we got one! The Legend of D'Ante Smith begins now. Most of my guys landed somewhere: black strikeouts on Days 1 & 2; green strikeouts on Day 3; green bold not picked but signed as UDFAs for the most part. 

Round 5 did a number on my short list. Gainwell went at 150 immediately after we picked McPherson at 149; Fehoko, Powell, Hufanga went back to back-to-back as we approached our pick again at 190... those were painful moments for me lol but whacha gonna do. 

At least we got D'Ante. Can't complain. Because I said I wouldn't. Wink

On your WR list, Powell going to Kansas City is going to be exciting to watch. Gets to step in and be the new Sammy Watkins in that offense. If the Bengals didn't take him, wanted to see him in Jacksonville back with Lawrence.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(05-01-2021, 08:47 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Looks like he signed with the Seahawks

Yeah, I believe he was actually drafted late.
Reply/Quote