Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
Corey Linsley is set to become the highest paid center in the NFL for the Chargers

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Thuney and Zeitler gone.. May god have Mercy on Burrows career.
(03-15-2021, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s still ridiculous that they lowballed him. They’re not taking the health of their franchise QB seriously.

What was the offer?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-15-2021, 05:23 PM)BobJones4980 Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I wanna be upset but the guy got 16 mil a year from the likely super bowl favorites, how much more would we have had to offer to pull him away from that?

I can't imagine a realistic offer we could have made that would have made him choose us over that situation.

Because they had to know this was possible, and we let Zeitler go to a divisional rival... I mean you had to land one of the two and you swing and miss on both, if they even swung.

This just looks like same old 1990's era bullshit. Huge hole on the team. Top FA's available to fill it. Plenty of money to do it and teams with "cap issues" end up signing the guys.

At some point, you have to over-pay a little to get the line fixed.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Well the start of this FA couldn’t be more disappointing for me.
(03-15-2021, 05:46 PM)pally Wrote: Corey Linsley is set to become the highest paid center in the NFL for the Chargers

Oh look, a team actually trying to protect their QB how original.
(03-15-2021, 05:46 PM)pally Wrote: Corey Linsley is set to become the highest paid center in the NFL for the Chargers

Anyone want to bet on who wins a playoff game first out of Herbert or Burrow?

Seriously, this franchise is s joke. It’s always been a joke (outside 2 years in the 80’s), and it will always be a joke. At least as long as the same family own and run the team.

let's be real we were never going to get Thuney. You guys knew this and are still mad. Anyways we could still sign a trai Turner or Gabe Jackson. They would be major improvements over what we currently have.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
DW guys. They're about to sign 5 former first round corners. Consider the team built.
(03-15-2021, 05:38 PM)Au165 Wrote: Not saying dude is full of crap, but not sure I’m buying a random tweet from a dude acting like a random tweet is his sister and his sister is also basically his agent lol.

Even if it's legit, we don't know numbers or what he actually told his fam.  For all we know, he told the the Bengals low balled him just to get them off his back.  With what he got, a reasonable opening offer like $12 mil a year would seem lowball, too.
(03-15-2021, 05:47 PM)Synric Wrote: What was the offer?

No idea. Just going off that tweet. But do they really deserve the benefit of the doubt?

So yeah, Sewell or Slater are the pick at #5.
Everything in this post is my fault.
(03-15-2021, 05:48 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because they had to know this was possible, and we let Zeitler go to a divisional rival... I mean you had to land one of the two and you swing and miss on both, if they even swung.

This just looks like same old 1990's era bullshit. Huge hole on the team. Top FA's available to fill it. Plenty of money to do it and teams with "cap issues" end up signing the guys.

At some point, you have to over-pay a little to get the line fixed.

You know that Zeitler had some part in that decision too. It does take mutual interest.  Did it ever occur to you that he didn't want to come back to the Bengals?  Maybe he wanted to go to a team that could contend for a Super Bowl next year?  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

(03-15-2021, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Anyone want to bet on who wins a playoff game first out of Herbert or Burrow?

Seriously, this franchise is s joke. It’s always been a joke (outside 2 years in the 80’s), and it will always be a joke. At least as long as the same family own and run the team.

Trevor Lawrence isn't even drafted yet and will win a playoff game before Burrow.

This team had a local guy interested in being here and all they had to do was show up with a legit offer... and boom... he's gone.

And while we **** around and low-ball him, the next best option goes to a divisional rival. 

This team needs to be kicked out of the NFL, or at least, taken away from the crooked Brown family.

That lease can't run out soon enough at this point.

It's almost as if Mike Brown still giving pointers to his daughter.....?

But that can't be. He's completely out of the picture!
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
(03-15-2021, 05:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No idea. Just going off that tweet. But do they really deserve the benefit of the doubt?

In this case yes. 

Thuney got 16m I'm betting the Bengals was closer to 14m if they made an offer. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-15-2021, 05:53 PM)pally Wrote: You know that Zeitler had some part in that decision too. It does take mutual interest.  Did it ever occur to you that he didn't want to come back to the Bengals?  Maybe he wanted to go to a team that could contend for a Super Bowl next year?  

Baltimore is one hit to Lamar away from being irrelevant.

And as I said, you have to over-pay to fix the line and be relevant.

So, you have to be willing to beat other teams offers... unless you are cool with 3 wins and a QB on IR.

(03-15-2021, 05:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s still ridiculous that they lowballed him. They’re not taking the health of their franchise QB seriously.

With what he got, a $12 mil a year opening offer would seem lowball.  
Kinda disappointed with this team even though I didn't have the highest of expectations. After the spending spree last year, the amount of cap space, their statements about being active this year, and all the noise here and there about teams should be able to sign free agents to cheaper contracts due to the lowered cap, I expected the Bengals to get some higher level OL help, but there doesn't seem to be any higher tier players left to fill the most crucial weaknesses on the team.

Based on prior seasons, should have known better, but last year's activity caused me to think they might be more active this year. Perhaps they're going to attack FA for defense again, and go OL heavy in the draft. But I'm not getting my hopes up.
(03-15-2021, 05:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So yeah, Sewell or Slater are the pick at #5.

This is actually the first time I looked at the team and really believe they'll screw this up and pass on Sewell and take Chase.

Clearly they still think the O-line is perfect.