Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-15-2021, 05:53 PM)Big Boss Wrote: So yeah, Sewell or Slater are the pick at #5.

If Sewell is gone I’m now completely 100% for trading back. We need at least 3 players on the OL alone.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(03-15-2021, 05:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: If Sewell is gone I’m now completely 100% for trading back. We need at least 3 players on the OL alone.

You know as well as I do, they won't do that.

They show time and time again they don't know what to do and how to be smart.

They'll take Chase to excite the fans and Burrow will be out week 6.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Ugh, I'll avoid a long post of Bengals-fandom woe and just say I agree with the disappointing feelings expressed by many posts in this thread.
(03-15-2021, 05:55 PM)Whatever Wrote: With what he got, a $12 mil a year opening offer would seem lowball.  

That would never have got it done. I was thinking 14-15 mil. I can’t believe KC can even afford what they gave him.

(03-15-2021, 05:14 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I think Linsley would be a good start for Bengals, maybe a top tier WR.

Hey Tobin, I guess you are "sitting on your hands" and farting on them. 
We are seeing all the good O Line talent slip away already....Im seeing a Feiler or Schwartz move maybe.

Who's excited for yet another trash season ? If i'm Burrow i'm forcing my way out of town
(03-15-2021, 05:58 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: You know as well as I do, they won't do that.

They show time and time again they don't know what to do and how to be smart.

They'll take Chase to excite the fans and Burrow will be out week 6.

Or he’ll make it through the next couple years by the skin of his teeth and end up becoming Luck 2.0.

(03-15-2021, 05:34 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: This will upset most, I know I am pissed but not surprised...

So, I need to look at that profile pic. I have met Joe Thuney's sister, like, 15 times. The girl in that pic looks blonde.... his sis is a SUPER red head.
While I reckon these werent the guys we were aiming for im just getting twitchy over missing the ones we do want.
Surprised?
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
I was unaware that Thuney was the only free agent O-lineman available.

Don't know if this is a credible source at all, but if it took 5 year $80 million to go ot a Super Bowl team what would it have cost the Bengals. What do they consider a "low ball" offer?

I id not see any source anywhere predict Thuney would get $80 million.
(03-15-2021, 06:02 PM)Trademark Wrote:
Who's excited for yet another trash season ? If i'm Burrow i'm forcing my way out of town

So, the girl in that pic talking to that guy is blonde... Joe Thuney's sis is SUPER SUPER red head and not skinny like that chick. I've met her, like 15 times. That pic is NOT his sis.

I call BS on this guy.

EDIT: Joe follows that account on IG.... The plot thickens!
Now, after missing out on the premier OL free agents that have either been tagged or signed (Moton, D. Williams, Thuney, Zeitler, Linsley, Robinson, Scherff)...

We almost certainly have to go OL heavy in the draft. Lets hope the Bengals address their other needs in free agency (CB, DT, DL, WR) so the draft is open to OL for the first few rounds.
What we really need is:

A thread for discussion of Bengals only free agent signings or re-signings...once they start happening.

There's various other threads to talk about who we didn't get and none really belong in JN.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I can picture Burrow’s face watching the FA unfold.....like finding out Santa doesn’t exist.
Don't be surprised if the Bengals make a trade for a veteran player. WFT and Patriots have attractive players.
5th to 14th for Stephan Gilmore
5th to 19th for Brandon Scherif, or Montez Sweat, or Johnathan Allen
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
(03-15-2021, 04:48 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Insert the stick figure poking the bengals logo with a stick meme here

[Image: 51u1bu.jpg]

Checking in...how we lookin’ out there in FA Ville? Are we pumped? Super pumped? Irrationally exuberant?
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

(03-15-2021, 06:13 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I can picture Burrow’s face watching the FA unfold.....like finding out Santa doesn’t exist.

People tried to warn him...

(03-15-2021, 06:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Or he’ll make it through the next couple years by the skin of his teeth and end up becoming Luck 2.0.

Yup.

The team wasn't ready for the franchise QB yet... and by the time we actually build a team around him, he'll either be like Luck or he'll be due a contract extension and want out of town and use the Palmer method. 

If nothing, this free agent period shows the Carson was right in what he did to Mike Brown. Was promised changes (like all the stuff that was being put out about the O-line will be a focus and upgraded) and surprise, surprise, the Brown family idea of an upgrade is a lot different then the intelligent idea of an upgrade.

Sure, 59 is better then 57 as a grade, but they both still suck, but Bengal logic... hey we did an upgrade... see... look at that...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]