Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
***Official Bengals Free Agency Thread***
(03-15-2021, 06:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What gave it away......Him starting with "I really wasn't wrong".

I agree it sounds like a troll job but good for Thuney getting paid.

My dudes are still out there...Trent Williams, Larry Warford, Trai Turner, Mike Schwartz 

I thought you were adamantly against players who sat out?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

(03-15-2021, 06:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I'd just like to have a thread to discuss actual Bengal signings when they happen and information on those signings. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there's other thread to bytch about what we haven't done 5 hours into the process. But perhaps I should check. Let me hit the back arrow and see if I see anything about Thuney

Yeah, please let me know if you find anything new on Thuney.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

(03-15-2021, 06:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We're going to need at least 1 free agent center or guard. At the absolute very least.

If we have to draft for interior o-lineman, you better take them in the 2nd/3rd round to make sure these guys have a higher % of panning out.

At this rate we need to look at signing a 4th QB. Going to need them behind this line.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(03-15-2021, 06:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: We're going to need at least 1 free agent center or guard. At the absolute very least.

If we have to draft for interior o-lineman, you better take them in the 2nd/3rd round to make sure these guys have a higher % of panning out.

David Andrews still available, if people are so hung up on good NE IOL...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Oday Aboushi is a very under the radar Free Agent. He played really well at Guard for the Lions in 2020.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(03-15-2021, 04:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Or, this thread could die within 2 days due to nothing happening.  Ninja

If nothing happens for 2 days, the very last thing this thread will do is die. Instead will turn into a very active battlefield. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I anticipate a Kyle Long signing.

Old, broken, no impact on comp picks, just back from retirement.

Perfect Bengals signing.

Then Hobspin can lose his mind talking about how Pollack is going to get the former All-Pro back to form for the season.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(03-15-2021, 04:44 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: This thread is for discussion of Bengals only free agent signings or re-singings...once they start happening. 

Well that didn't happen.  It got turned in to a dumpster fire due to not signing one player that took a good offer with a Super Bowl contender.  That's too bad.  

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
I'd say the Bengals offered him 60% of what he ultimately got from the Chiefs. There are still a few options out there at guard by I'm not sure what the offensive tackle market currently looks like. ?
Gabe Jackson i hope
(03-15-2021, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You honestly think that the Bengals were just one player away from being good and that Thuney was the ONLY player that could help us?

Hilarious

You going to be laughing if Burrow is scraped up off the field again like I TOLD YOU would happen to him last season! Enjoy Toast!
(03-15-2021, 06:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well that didn't happen.  It got turned in to a dumpster fire due to not signing one player.  That's too bad.  

It will recover as soon as we do something.

Sorry, that contract for Thuney is ridiculous....the thing that gets me is that KC can/did go sign him when they were in cap space hell just last week. I liked Thuney, I do not like 16/48 million Thuney.
(03-15-2021, 06:48 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Well that didn't happen.  It got turned in to a dumpster fire due to not signing one player.  That's too bad.  

3, actually.

Thuney to Chiefs
Linsley to Chargers
Zeitler to Ravens

(03-15-2021, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3, actually.

Thuney to Chiefs
Linsley to Chargers
Zeitler to Ravens

I wonder if we failed to bring back Zeitler because it would be a sign that we were wrong in letting him go in the first place? If that's the reason, we will be killed by pride and love of $$.

(03-15-2021, 06:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I thought you were adamantly against players who sat out?

He was a FA. He didn't quit on anyone. Said he was going to take the year to start a family and see what happens next year.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-15-2021, 06:56 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I wonder if we failed to bring back Zeitler because it would be a sign that we were wrong in letting him go in the first place? If that's the reason, we will be killed by pride and love of $$.

Honestly I was fine with letting him go. The Browns overpaid him big time. He's an above average G, the Browns paid him like an elite one. 

The Bengals failed not when they didn't keep him, but when they didn't spend money to replace him with a quality player in any of the years after.

(03-15-2021, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: He was a FA. He didn't quit on anyone. Said he was going to take the year to start a family and see what happens next year.

This is a bit of a gray area.
Per a report from July 28, 2020, Warford was offered by multiple teams.
Instead, he decided to opt out of the 2020 season rather than sign with a team.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29554086/free-agent-guard-larry-warford-opts-2020-season
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(03-15-2021, 06:02 PM)Trademark Wrote:
Who's excited for yet another trash season ? If i'm Burrow i'm forcing my way out of town

I started questioning the validity of his post, I then got blocked, and now he's deleted the original tweet.
Let ya ALL in on a little secret.....MOST NFL contracts are ridiculous! Just seems like some teams can get ridiculous deals done and some...well...you know....I mean look at Dallas...Look at Zeke's contract, look what Dak just got paid, yet just heard on the NFL network today that Dallas STILL has between 18-20 million to spend in FA this year. HOW!?!