Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Officially Signed: Sheldon Rankins
Sheldon Rankins to Cincy - 2 years $26 million

Rankins, 30, 6-2, 305lbs is a DT entering his 8th season out of Louisville

A menace in the interior, Rankins helped flip the Texans Run Defense from 32th in 2022 to 6th in 2023

Stats (15 games)
• 6 sacks
• 9 TFL
• 74.7 PFF Pass Rush (26/78)
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
OH YEA!

Now just sign Reader and we'll be good at DT, at least in regards to #18.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
He is about same age as Reader. I guess if they sign Rankin, Reader is gone.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just kind of another (less healthy) BJ Hill, no?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I kind of had my eye on Rankins. Probably an upgrade to Reader in pass rushing.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is about same age as Reader.  I guess if they sign Rankin, Reader is gone.

I'm good with it.... two quad injuries and not ready to start the season just wouldn't be something I'm interested in.

Welcome big guy!
Reply/Quote
Nice.
Reply/Quote
Go Cards !

You know I like seeing a Card signed, yet still hope Reader comes back somehow as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:02 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Sheldon Rankins to Cincy ??

Rankins, 30, 6-2, 305lbs is a DT entering his 8th season out of Louisville

A menace in the interior, Rankins helped flip the Texans Run Defense from 32th in 2022 to 6th in 2023

Stats (15 games)
• 6 sacks
• 9 TFL
• 74.7 PFF Pass Rush (26/78)

That's refreshing to hear.  Not bad for a guy largely considered to be more of a pass rusher than run stuffer.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Go Cards !

You know I like seeing a Card signed, yet still hope Reader comes back somehow as well.

Ugh any Wildcats still available? Need to balance this ish out LOL
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:05 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: He is about same age as Reader.  I guess if they sign Rankin, Reader is gone.

Nah, they play different positions, Rankins is a good run stopping 3-tech like BJ Hill honestly.

Great pickup though, wanted Rankins from the beginning. I want Reader back as well and to draft Sweat.

(03-13-2024, 09:05 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Just kind of another (less healthy) BJ Hill, no?

Yes, but probably a better pass rusher, but Rankins is just as versatile, really like this pickup. Touch older than I would of liked, but hey opens
up the Draft. I wanted Wilkins who is a touch younger, but this is pretty good this late in my opinion. Now if we can bring in Trent Brown for RT 
I can go back to being my positive self. 

Hate agreeing with the Debbie Downers/Negative Nancy's who were right today until this hopeful signing.
Reply/Quote
DT and OT still a major concern for a lot of people, this helps. Reader back as well would be nice but I doubt it. Rankins not previously had major issue worries has he? DJ 2 quads are a huge concern.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:08 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Go Cards !

Yes sir! I knew they weren't just biased against Louisville, makes no sense.
Reply/Quote
The contract here will tell us if this is a panic signing or if he was a target
Reply/Quote
Sheldon Rankins is no DJ Reader in terms of run stuffer and double team commander, but he sure gives us a boost. Welcome to the team!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Arik talks must have fell through. Interesting they are waiting until tonight. Waiting on DJ?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
This was one of the HUGE needs - pass rush on the interior. NT is still a gap but that is also draftable if it comes to it.
Reply/Quote
Sheldon Rankins pass rush win rate (14.6%) was 10th among interior defenders last season.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2024, 09:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sheldon Rankins is no DJ Reader in terms of run stuffer and double team commander, but he sure gives us a boost.  Welcome to the team!

I think that if Reader is replaced, it will be Tart.  He'll be cheap and actually plays NT.

I hate to see DJ go.  He's probably my favorite FA signing of the Taylor era.
Reply/Quote