Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Officially picking 9th in the 2017 NFL Draft
Exclamation 
With the Cardinals win over the Rams and the Panthers loss to the Bucs this week... Our draft position has been locked in...

10th - Arizona Cardinals
9th - Cincinnati Bengals
8th - Carolina Panthers
7th - San Diego Chargers
6th - New York Jets
5th - Los Angeles Rams (pick traded to Tennessee)
4th - Chicago Bears
3rd - Jacksonville Jaguars
2nd - San Francisco 49ers
1st - Cleveland Browns

Who do you want us to draft he most?

-- WHO DEY THINK GONNA BEAT DEM BENGALS!! --
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:30 PM)MC Howley Wrote: With the Cardinals win over the Rams and the Panthers loss to the Bucs this week... Our draft position has been locked in...

10th - Arizona Cardinals
9th - Cincinnati Bengals
8th - Carolina Panthers
7th - San Diego Chargers
6th - New York Jets
5th - Los Angeles Rams (pick traded to Tennessee)
4th - Chicago Bears
3rd - Jacksonville Jaguars
2nd - San Francisco 49ers
1st - Cleveland Browns

Who do you want us to draft he most?

Whoever Carson was hoping to get with the 10th pick Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reuben foster from Alabama is my pick sure tackler with speed and instincts. Derek Barnett is good but I don't think he's top ten pick good.
Reply/Quote
Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. So many players may not be here next year.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:34 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Gonna be interesting to see how this plays out. So many players may not be here next year.

True, I could see the direction of mock drafts changing frequently.

However, even with the entire team healthy, some needs will not change. Needs like DE, LB, OL, WR. I know I said healthy, but with the Eifert injury/surgery situation, I feel the need for a TE to be drafted.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:34 PM)Elijahmoore5 Wrote: Reuben foster from Alabama is my pick sure tackler with speed and instincts. Derek Barnett is good but I don't think he's top ten pick good.

Gotta admit I'm timid on 'bama LBs.  Too often they send a guy to the pros and it turns out that they were a product of the system and the parts around them.
Reply/Quote
Not sure who I want yet but what I want is a guy who will be on the field making a difference next year.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: True, I could see the direction of mock drafts changing frequently.

However, even with the entire team healthy, some needs will not change. Needs like DE, LB, OL, WR. I know I said healthy, but with the Eifert injury/surgery situation, I feel the need for a TE to be drafted.

Those are the 4 needs in my mind also. One of those has to be filled in the 1st round. IMHO
Reply/Quote
Don't know who to take but the Browns are going to get two high first round picks, and the Titans are also going to get two first round picks so they will be better. And of course Marvin will be back again. So will it even matter.
Reply/Quote
At the risk of cutting into Burkhead's carries; I'd take Fournette.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: True, I could see the direction of mock drafts changing frequently.

However, even with the entire team healthy, some needs will not change.  Needs like DE, LB, OL, WR.  I know I said healthy, but with the Eifert injury/surgery situation, I feel the need for a TE to be drafted.

(01-01-2017, 09:50 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Those are the 4 needs in my mind also. One of those has to be filled in the 1st round. IMHO

With what we saw today out of our receiving corps, I think re-signing LaFell will elmiinate WR from the list of needs.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At the risk of cutting into Burkhead's carries; I'd take Fournette.

If he's there, 100% agree.  
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Gotta admit I'm timid on 'bama LBs.  Too often they send a guy to the pros and it turns out that they were a product of the system and the parts around them.

Definitely understand your comment but he's a different type of linebacker that Alabama has produced in the past he's more of a prototypical type of linebacker compared to guys like Ragland or even don't'a Hightower with him and burfict our run defense will improve immediately even vigil should get more snaps going into next year but our linebackers are out of shape and slow Rey maualuga in my opinion is a below serviceable linebacker, dansby is old and who knows if he'll be back, vinny Rey is good but can't cover a tight end you need a spark in that group and he might be that spark
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:54 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: With what we saw today out of our receiving corps, I think re-signing LaFell will elmiinate WR from the list of needs.

Hmm, from what I saw on Redzone, that 1st TD pass attempt, that got the DPI would have been right there for the easy grab, had he not had a human anchor draped around his neck..  Now, keeping in mind that I didn't see the actual game, I don't know if there were other plays where LaFell should have made a catch, or dropped a ball, etc.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:40 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Gotta admit I'm timid on 'bama LBs.  Too often they send a guy to the pros and it turns out that they were a product of the system and the parts around them.

I feel timid about anyone from Alabama in all honesty. A lot of them are a product of their system. There are a few who are just all around great players and translate to the NFL very well, but I get nervous about Alabama players. Give me UGA players all day :) Love me some UGA.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:03 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, from what I saw on Redzone, that 1st TD pass attempt, that got the DPI would have been right there for the easy grab, had he not had a human anchor draped around his neck..  Now, keeping in mind that I didn't see the actual game, I don't know if there were other plays where LaFell should have made a catch, or dropped a ball, etc.

He, Boyd, and Core all were solid today.

So my thought is they grab a guy in the later rounds to develop.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:06 PM)RagnarLothbrok Wrote: I feel timid about anyone from Alabama in all honesty. A lot of them are a product of their system. There are a few who are just all around great players and translate to the NFL very well, but I get nervous about Alabama players. Give me UGA players all day :) Love me some UGA.

I'm good with trench guys from there, as they have to win their individual battles and play within the system.  But their LBs aren't necessarily any good at fighting off blocks and such since the front generally keeps them pretty clean.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 10:10 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He, Boyd, and Core all were solid today.

So my thought is they grab a guy in the later rounds to develop.

I like the young guys and LaFell but at the same time if our picks rolls around and Mike Williams is BPA then it would be hard to pass.

Imagine Green - Williams - Boyd as our top 3 with Core as the #4.
Reply/Quote
I want the Oline upgraded to where we don't experience a repeat of this year. We need someone to back up and eventually replace Whit. To those willing to give Ogbuehi more time, my thoughts are this: He was injured when we drafted him, and he's injured now. He proved he couldn't be coached up to play RT, and it's going to take some doing and luck to get him solid at LT, IF that's at all possible. I'm not willing to gamble another year's worth of Dalton, Greene et al time to see if that will work or not.

If the draft can't provide a tackle, then we need a FA who can. And IF we don't use the draft for a LT, there's always our need at center. After that, DE is my next need.
If we re-sign LaFell, we're good at WR. Greene, Boyd, and Core will be more than fine for that group. We have 3 others behind them.

LB is my next target, as Burfict may flame out at any moment, and Dansby is past peak. Beyond these picks exists the need to address the secondary.

I just don't see spending a high pick on a RB, unless both Hill and Gio don't come back healthy. It's too soon to know at this point. It's similar for our TEs. IF all of them get healthy, we're good to go. Also too soon to know right now.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2017, 09:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: At the risk of cutting into Burkhead's carries; I'd take Fournette.

Not only would taking a RB be idiotic, Dalvin Cook is much better

Anywho they need an impact pass rusher immediately. A WR would also be ok. All other responses are null
Reply/Quote