Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ogbuehi - so is he officially done in Cincy??
(10-02-2017, 12:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't think you can replace 4/5ths of your OL in one year.
He's better than Ogbuehi. He's the least of the concerns as far as the "needs replaced" group goes. 

Boling - safe
Fisher - least bad
Westerman/Hopkins - we don't know yet
Johnson - bad
Bodine - Needs replaced this year
Ogbuehi - Needs replaced this year

If you get a legit LT in the draft and a legit center (difficult but should be the goal) you can make the OL work well enough. 

Fisher will give you a run of some really good plays then just completely **** up beyond words once. 

Ogbuehi gives you consistently bad play with the occasional "well that wasn't dog shit" play.

The Bengals will probably be in excellent position to draft offensive linemen. They can also get a couple early in the draft because they don't have major holes at other positions.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I honestly think he'd be worse at guard. 
I know that might sound a bit strange, considering how bad he is at tackle...

Not to mention we already have 3 other guys that are way better at G than Ced.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:54 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I honestly think he'd be worse at guard. 

I agree.  He shows neither the aggressive nature to be physical, or the attention to detail to be a successful "technician".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: The Bengals will probably be in excellent position to draft offensive linemen. They can also get a couple early in the draft because they don't have major holes at other positions.

Ideally. But they do have a big hole at 3T behind Geno who is quickly approaching the drop off age.

After his age 28 season, Warren Sapp only hit double digit sacks once. 
Geno has the benefit of coming into the league younger, 22 vs 23, but the potential for a Geno drop off is real.

I think DT is a bigger need than people may realize. 
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 07:31 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Ideally. But they do have a big hole at 3T behind Geno who is quickly approaching the drop off age.

After his age 28 season, Warren Sapp only hit double digit sacks once. 
Geno has the benefit of coming into the league younger, 22 vs 23, but the potential for a Geno drop off is real.

I think DT is a bigger need than people may realize. 

Keep your eye on another Georgia DT.  He's only a Sophomore, but he's about the same size and build as Geno, with that same sort of motor and tenacity.  I saw a play where he beat two blocks and still made the stop for loss.  He's #52 Clark.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 07:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Keep your eye on another Georgia DT.  He's only a Sophomore, but he's about the same size and build as Geno, with that same sort of motor and tenacity.  I saw a play where he beat two blocks and still made the stop for loss.  He's #52 Clark.

Georgia's front 7 is freaking insane right now. 
They are just abusing those poor souls they play against right now. 

They gave Mike McGlinchey and Quenton Nelson fits and they are the 2 best draft eligible players at their positions in NCAA right now. 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Alexander was THE ONLY line coach Whitworth had in the NFL until this year with the Rams so that isn't saying much.

He didn't say NFL only...
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 07:38 PM)lone bengal Wrote: The offensive line is horrendous. I think Fisher is just as bad Ogbuehi to be honest with you but we don't have a 4th tackle on our roster to play over him. I knew he must have not been good last year when the Bengals tried Winston over him at RT when Ogbuehi got benched. Bodine still can't shotgun snap in year 4 or block for that matter. Westermen must really stink if Hopkins, TJ Johnson and even Redmen are ahead of him at guard.

The fact that Alexander doesn't play Westerman tells me that he's probably the best lineman they have.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 07:41 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Georgia's front 7 is freaking insane right now. 
They are just abusing those poor souls they play against right now. 

They gave Mike McGlinchey and Quenton Nelson fits and they are the 2 best draft eligible players at their positions in NCAA right now. 

McGlinchey is going to be a bust.
Reply/Quote
A positive about Ced (I know). I don't believe he has a holding penalty this year; not sure he has any.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:06 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I can't find who posted it on Twitter now, but someone tweeted yesterday about how Lapham said Paul Alexander puts such an emphasis on technique and doesn't try to cater to each individual OL player's strengths at all.

I heard Lap talk about this Friday right after the Texans game on the radio. Bob Trumpy was on with him and the other guy, and talkin about the game and other stuff. But this was brought up. Lap basically said he hasnt seen eye to eye with Paul A over the years on everything, and this one of the things in that he doesnt teach technique based on individual strengths and weakness, but instead the same for all of them (paraphrasing).

If there is a podcast of that out there, worth listening to with Trumpy. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A positive about Ced (I know). I don't believe he has a holding penalty this year; not sure he has any.

Too passive to even hold..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: A positive about Ced (I know). I don't believe he has a holding penalty this year; not sure he has any.

You have to get your hands on someone to get a holding penalty.
Reply/Quote

I agree... can you imagine him trying to block Geno.... Tackles get a lot more push than ends.  He would get obliterated.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 03:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's a good point about the proliferation of the spread and read option offenses in College FB, these days.  I've noticed that we aren't the only team to have drafted a bust at Tackle, in recent years.  Could be of concern that not as many "top" college tackles are NFL ready.

Yep, and there are only so many tackles coming out of Wisconsin and Stanford each year...  Whatever
Reply/Quote
People act like it's only the Bengals who have had a hard time finding NFL tackles but it's a league wide concern. I agree that it probably has to do with the spread. Andre has to be the team MVP at this point. Chasing pressure from one side to the other can't be easy. He'll either end up on IR or will be in the best shape of his life at the end.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 09:41 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The fact that Alexander doesn't play Westerman tells me that he's probably the best lineman they have.

Yeah, brings back to mind the whole "Nasty" Nate Livings vs Evan Mathis nonsense. PA freaking stinks.
Reply/Quote

That’s not good I’d have to think

Such as a guy having no fouls all year on D in basketball

Like you literally can’t play great D without fouling occasionally
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 12:22 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: I don't think you can replace 4/5ths of your OL in one year.
He's better than Ogbuehi. He's the least of the concerns as far as the "needs replaced" group goes. 

Boling - safe
Fisher - least bad
Westerman/Hopkins - we don't know yet
Johnson - bad
Bodine - Needs replaced this year
Ogbuehi - Needs replaced this year

If you get a legit LT in the draft and a legit center (difficult but should be the goal) you can make the OL work well enough. 

Fisher will give you a run of some really good plays then just completely **** up beyond words once. 

Ogbuehi gives you consistently bad play with the occasional "well that wasn't dog shit" play.

The Vikings replaced all 5.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-05-2017, 12:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: The Vikings replaced all 5.

We aren't signing Rieff and Remmers level players in FA and you know it. lol. 
Reply/Quote