Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Opinion: DeSantis 2024?
(11-07-2022, 03:12 PM)Dill Wrote: [Image: pLpgAoO7We__TQN626F_USFlag3size_mockup3-600x600.jpg]

That would be a formidable ticket, indeed.  Kudos to you for being ahead of the curve and putting up such a preminiscent display!  Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2022, 08:28 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So apparently some in the GoP are mad at Trump for speaking ill of DeSantis.

Since this was supposed to be about DeSantis and not Tulsi, who has her own damn topic y'all can have a pissing contest in.

From a political strategy standpoint you can't blame them. If Trump just shut up and quietly endorsed candidates the GOP would have a decent shot at a supermajority in 2024.

Unfortunately, at least for the few people in the GOP not beholden to Trump, he is a too much of a narcissist to be the kingmaker rather than the would-be-king.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:12 PM)Dill Wrote: [Image: pLpgAoO7We__TQN626F_USFlag3size_mockup3-600x600.jpg]

Here's their slogan:

[Image: grouchomarx1-2x.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 03:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That would be a formidable ticket, indeed.  Kudos to you for being ahead of the curve and putting up such a preminiscent display!  Ninja

Do you think so? I am thinking millions will see that as betrayal of Trump. 

Can you see the VP debate, with MJT questioning her support for automatic weapons ban 

and the right to abortion? 

That said, I confess I would like to see that primary challenge to Trump. 
Reply/Quote
Did Trump just said he interfered in the Florida election of De Sanctis in 2018 because he was going to lose ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2022, 04:12 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: From a political strategy standpoint you can't blame them. If Trump just shut up and quietly endorsed candidates the GOP would have a decent shot at a supermajority in 2024.

Unfortunately, at least for the few people in the GOP not beholden to Trump, he is a too much of a narcissist to be the kingmaker rather than the would-be-king.

Trump is messing it up and will continue messing it up for the GOP. I think many GOP voters are outraged at Trump right now.

Conspiracy Theory: Trump is really a democrat quietly planted in the ranks of the republican party by the democrats to destroy the party within. e.g. Trojan Horse.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 06:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trump is messing it up and will continue messing it up for the GOP. I think many GOP voters are outraged at Trump right now.

Conspiracy Theory: Trump is really a democrat quietly planted in the ranks of the republican party by the democrats to destroy the party within. e.g. Trojan Horse.

That has been discussed.

I think it is just a standard progression for the conservative victimhood/conspiracy theory machine and will become a widely adopted alternative fact for the right in due time.

Probably another one of evil plots perpetrated by the Obama, Biden, Pelosi, and Hillary deep state.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 05:01 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Did Trump just said he interfered in the Florida election of De Sanctis in 2018 because he was going to lose ?

yep

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/news/local/fbi/2022/11/11/andrew-gillum-says-trump-rant-proves-he-targeted-feds-fbi/10671367002/

Quote:David Markus and Katherine Miller, who are representing Gillum on federal public corruption charges involving donations to his gubernatorial campaign, didn't fire back at insults Trump hurled at Tallahassee's former mayor.

Instead, they cited Trump's statement in a motion filed Friday in federal court saying it further supported their request for a hearing on whether the federal government selectively prosecuted Gillum because of his race. His lawyers asked for the hearing on  Election Day motions that also sought dismissals on all counts.

"Former President Trump's posts raise serious questions about how exactly Trump 'fixed' DeSantis' campaign and what Trump directed the FBI and the U.S. Attorney's Office to do, and whether there is any connection to the FBI's investigation and later prosecution of Gillum," Gillum's lawyers wrote.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 06:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Trump is messing it up and will continue messing it up for the GOP. I think many GOP voters are outraged at Trump right now.

He's just a megalomaniacal ***** that's never faced consequences for anything in his life.  It was fun for the GOP when he was taking his man child anger out on the libs.  it will be less fun when he shows the right what happens when you help the rattlesnake across the road.  

I don't think the guy has any real political principles.  He's an opportunist that will ride whatever sentiment best suits his interests.  if he actually overtly helps the Dems, his base may finally leave him for dead.  I think he cares about that, but I'm not sure.  He gets off too much on payback, and as long as he didn't end up broke or in jail, I wouldn't put it past him.  Hell, he's not much younger than Biden.  He might figure that his time is short and that he may as well burn it all down for fun.
Reply/Quote

trump just needs to go away. hes hurting the party now. its desantis time and i wish trump would just throw all his supprt to him. then we win hands down in 2024. if trump is the candidate we lose. its that simple.
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 04:44 PM)Leon Wrote: trump just needs to go away. hes hurting the party now. its desantis time and i wish trump would just throw all his supprt to him. then we win hands down in 2024. if trump is the candidate we lose. its that simple.

I'm not sure he cares about that. 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 04:44 PM)Leon Wrote: trump just needs to go away. hes hurting the party now. its desantis time and i wish trump would just throw all his supprt to him. then we win hands down in 2024. if trump is the candidate we lose. its that simple.

Not quite that easy because women hate the GOP. Since SCOTUS made abortion a state issue and not a federal issue, msm has brainwashed many into believing abortion is illegal in this country and it’s the republicans fault. This has hurt republicans and there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it because even slightly retracting their stance on abortion would be the death of the party. Since the left control the media, there’s no way to educate more than a few that abortion isn’t illegal on the federal level as the msm has led people to believe.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not quite that easy because women hate the GOP. Since SCOTUS made abortion a state issue and not a federal issue, msm has brainwashed many into believing abortion is illegal in this country and it’s the republicans fault. This has hurt republicans and there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it because even slightly retracting their stance on abortion would be the death of the party. Since the left control the media, there’s no way to educate more than a few that abortion isn’t illegal on the federal level as the msm has led people to believe.

Give women some credit here.  We are very well aware that with some serious and some not-very realistic restrictions abortion is still "legal"  in most states even if for a large number of women impossible to get without having to leave their home state. However, we are equally aware that the goal of the Republican Party is to outlaw it entirely. That has been stated loudly and clearly by so many of their candidates.  Of course, many softened that claim when they realized they were losing votes. Some Republicans want to go even further and outlaw some if not all forms of medical contraception.  In a Republican super majority state like Ohio, they very well might succeed. We have a legislator who has said pregnancy due to rape/incest was an "opportunity"  We have another who believes that an embryo of ectopic pregnancy can be reimplanted in the uterus.  We now have a US Senator who believes that women should stay in abusive relationships

We are also aware that at least 4 Justices of the Supreme Court LIED when they said Roe has settled the law and they respected precedents and then all 4 voted to overturn it  At least 1, Thomas, wants to overturn the decision that allowed for contraception for all women. Why should we beleive anything they claim?

Women, have very good reasons not to trust Republicans.  They were all very eager to have special sessions to get their abortion restrictions in place while addressing NONE of the reasons women have them in the first place. When the party of Pro-Birth actually becomes a part of Pro-life, maybe they will see women come back...but don't count on it any time soon.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:13 PM)pally Wrote: Give women some credit here.  We are very well aware that with some serious and some not-very realistic restrictions abortion is still "legal"  in most states even if for a large number of women impossible to get without having to leave their home state. However, we are equally aware that the goal of the Republican Party is to outlaw it entirely. That has been stated loudly and clearly by so many of their candidates.  Of course, many softened that claim when they realized they were losing votes. Some Republicans want to go even further and outlaw some if not all forms of medical contraception.  In a Republican super majority state like Ohio, they very well might succeed. We have a legislator who has said pregnancy due to rape/incest was an "opportunity"  We have another who believes that an embryo of ectopic pregnancy can be reimplanted in the uterus.  We now have a US Senator who believes that women should stay in abusive relationships

We are also aware that at least 4 Justices of the Supreme Court LIED when they said Roe has settled the law and they respected precedents and then all 4 voted to overturn it  At least 1, Thomas, wants to overturn the decision that allowed for contraception for all women. Why should we beleive anything they claim?

Women, have very good reasons not to trust Republicans.  They were all very eager to have special sessions to get their abortion restrictions in place while addressing NONE of the reasons women have them in the first place. When the party of Pro-Birth actually becomes a part of Pro-life, maybe they will see women come back...but don't count on it any time soon.

I don’t understand why some republicans would be against medical contraceptives. Please be more specific about rape/incest being an opportunity and also a senator believing women should stay in abusive relationships.

Reply/Quote

I loved me some Trump in the moment, but it's really time that everyone just turned the page on him.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I loved me some Trump in the moment, but it's really time that everyone just turned the page on him.

Couldn’t agree more. He’s been getting on my nerves for quite sometime. I think his actions over the last week have most of his supporters ready to wash their hands of him.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 07:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I don’t understand why some republicans would be against medical contraceptives. Please be more specific about rape/incest being an opportunity and also a senator believing women should stay in abusive relationships.

I also do not understand the objections to birth control.  Some just want to exclude IUDs because according to them they are "abortifacients"  But I do know when given the opportunity to codify access to contraception was in front of the House of Representatives, Republicans voted against the act

State Rep Jean Schmidt said the rape as an opportunity

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/29/ohio-rape-bill-opportunity/

JD Vance suggested that women should not be easily able to leave violent marriages.  He claims that is not what he meant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzz0wl0zg94

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 02:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Not quite that easy because women hate the GOP. Since SCOTUS made abortion a state issue and not a federal issue, msm has brainwashed many into believing abortion is illegal in this country and it’s the republicans fault. This has hurt republicans and there isn’t a damn thing they can do about it because even slightly retracting their stance on abortion would be the death of the party. Since the left control the media, there’s no way to educate more than a few that abortion isn’t illegal on the federal level as the msm has led people to believe.

I think you are a little off there. It isn't that msm has brainwashed anyone.

It is the FACT republicans single-handedly eliminated abortion access to millions in this country this year. And only a few months after that a Republican introduced a nationwide abortion ban bill. https://www.lgraham.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/3065785d-86b8-4d36-986a-72aa1c8f100c/protecting-pain-capable-unborn-children-from-late-term-abortions-act-.pdf

And I think it goes deeper than abortion. People see the hypocrisy. They see the cancel culture, the karens, the book bans, being in a constant state of outrage. The desire to inject their religion in to our government.

Why would I want to vote for a politician who believes it's the end of days and some magic entity is about to upend the lives of everyone on earth and that we all better get on board with what they think this magic master from the heavens wants us to do?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 08:15 PM)pally Wrote: I also do not understand the objections to birth control.  Some just want to exclude IUDs because according to them they are "abortifacients"  But I do know when given the opportunity to codify access to contraception was in front of the House of Representatives, Republicans voted against the act

State Rep Jean Schmidt said the rape as an opportunity

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/04/29/ohio-rape-bill-opportunity/

JD Vance suggested that women should not be easily able to leave violent marriages.  He claims that is not what he meant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzz0wl0zg94

What are you even talking about?  I'm pretty sure that any person of legal age to be having sexual relations is legally able to go to the pharmacy and purchase contraceptives, or go to their medical provider and request birth control, or other measures.

If you are talking about tax payer funded free providing of such services, that is most definitely not an ACCESS issue, but more asking for something be provided for free that most responsible people pay for.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote