Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Orlando brown… welcome
This is amazing
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: This signing reminds me more and more of Cordy Glenn.

We got Glenn in a trade.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: LT position has improved, but, we are still sorely weak at RT. Are we sure Jonah can move there? LC won’t be ready until the middle of the year and he probably still won’t be 100%. Still need to get a RT if you ask me.

Between carman, Jonah and LC… and a potential rookie, I bet they just go with what they have and have a camp battle.

This is a far cry from previous years.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:46 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: We got Glenn in a trade.

Don’t reply to him. He doesn’t warrant it
Reply/Quote
Can we stop referencing pro bowls like they really matter? Christ...

With that said, good pick up. Move Jonah to RT. I actually feel good about this line
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:32 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO 4 straight years Pro Bowl and Unanimous All-American and he’s now the 17th highest paid LT

You don't need to be a fan of good things: you can also be a fan of not so good things.

Weird way to get defensive: I'm also not a Sooner fan in the slightest, so that doesn't make him appeal to me more.

All that matters is that he's been a great player in the league and he makes our team (especially at a spot that needed help) significantly better.

Go rag on someone else.

(03-16-2023, 12:43 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: This signing reminds me more and more of Cordy Glenn.

Oh shut up and go away for your usual 2 months.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: LT position has improved, but, we are still sorely weak at RT. Are we sure Jonah can move there? LC won’t be ready until the middle of the year and he probably still won’t be 100%. Still need to get a RT if you ask me.

Probably honestly would be better off leaving Jonah Williams at Left Tackle and using Orlando Brown for what his real true position is a right tackle.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:47 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You don't need to be a fan of good things: you can also be a fan of not so good things.

Weird way to get defensive: I'm also not a Sooner fan in the slightest, so that doesn't make him appeal to me more.

All that matters is that he's been a great player in the league and he makes our team (especially at a spot that needed help) significantly better.

Go rag on someone else.

Oh shut up and go away for your usual 2 months.

Stop harrassing me.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:24 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Shitty attitude, horribly unathletic, just not a fan.

But he's a great player and he makes the team better.

I'm not a fan of Al Pacino, but he's a superb actor and he undoubtedly makes his films better.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32174214/a-promise-father-why-orlando-brown-left-ravens-chiefs

Here is an article about him. Read this and you will know he is coming here to play LT, to those that have questioned which side. He agrees with you Truck. He admits he is the most unathletic tackle in the league lol
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Stop harrassing me.

First time I've quoted you this week.

I don't harass people.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:48 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: Probably honestly would be better off leaving Jonah Williams at Left Tackle and using Orlando Brown for what his real true position is a right tackle.

I was under the impression that the team assured him he (Brown) would play LT. Either way the line improves. Personally I think Jonah will do well at RT, he played some seasons there in college and his weaknesses are better masked on the strongside where Burrow can see more easily.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote

How many pro bowls did Glenn have?
How many super bowls?

For comparison's sake, let's only count the ones prior to signing with us? 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:49 AM)hoosierbengal Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32174214/a-promise-father-why-orlando-brown-left-ravens-chiefs

Here is an article about him. Read this and you will know he is coming here to play LT. He agrees with you Truck. He admits he is the most unathletic tackle in the league lol

I know! But technique trumps talent 99/100 times. Like in baseball, fundamentals will trump tools 99/100 times.

And Brown's technique is super-sound.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:48 AM)MadMaxMontoya Wrote: Probably honestly would be better off leaving Jonah Williams at Left Tackle and using Orlando Brown for what his real true position is a right tackle.

Orlando Brown is the same player on either side.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Hell yeah for $16m/yr. Didn't think he'd be anywhere near that low in this FA.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: First time I've quoted you this week.

I don't harass people.

Yet every time you reply to me it's laden with snark and hostility.

Don't you have a conselour to see or something? 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:48 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Stop harrassing me.

No. This is your penance. 
Reply/Quote
People are still referencing pro bowls lmfao

Whitworth was barely recognized here in cincy. Justin Smith wasn’t even recognized in cincy at all

I guess those 2 were trash due to their lack of pro bowls with the Bengals
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: People are still referencing pro bowls lmfao

Whitworth was barely recognized here in cincy. Justin Smith wasn’t even recognized in cincy

I guess those 2 were trash due to their lack of pro bowls in cincy

Hey man,

Pro Bowls are the perfect indicator of someone's ability in this league. No flaws whatosever. 

If you disagree, you're just being overly negative...or something.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2023, 12:53 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: People are still referencing pro bowls lmfao

Whitworth was barely recognized here in cincy. Justin Smith wasn’t even recognized in cincy at all

I guess those 2 were trash due to their lack of pro bowls with the Bengals

I hold no stock in Pro Bowls whatsoever. Give me all Pro's.

Just the fact I saw Ravens tender Pro Bowl QB Huntley on NFL.com only reinforced this stance.
Reply/Quote