Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PJ Dawson Cut!
(09-04-2016, 05:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm suggesting don't use the excuse as "an attitude problem" for a player you release when you have the kind of playoff game they had.

Unless that attitude is "I don't care if you light a fire under my ass...  I'm not gonna do it".

Nobody ever said Burfict or Jones were lazy or regularly disrespected coaches.

Not saying Dawson did here. 

Just giving an example of other kinds of attitude problems that could affect decisions, other than reactions from an emotionally charged playoff game.

Those are apples and oranges and can't be thrown in the same basket.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I think Dawson is pretty good but he is in kinda of a rough spot here.
1.) We play nickle 68% of the time
2.) He is slow(although he was known for his coverage ability in college I believe) and not very big.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 05:51 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm suggesting don't use the excuse as "an attitude problem" for a player you release when you have the kind of playoff game they had.

whatever else you can say about Jones or Burfict...besides performing at an overall high level..they are among the hardest workers on the team.  You preform and you build a level of forgiveness.   Dawson either couldn't or didn't.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
This was a shock to a degree but if he is having trouble with his attitude towards practicing and other things needed to make him a better pro then it makes sense. However if he does not get claimed he will be put on the practice squad but honestly I would not be surprised if the Steelers do not pick him up because they placed Bud Dupree on IR today.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 06:24 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: This was a shock to a degree but if he is having trouble with his attitude towards practicing and other things needed to make him a better pro then it makes sense. However if he does not get claimed he will be put on the practice squad but honestly I would not be surprised if the Steelers do not pick him up because they placed Bud Dupree on IR today.

Dupree and Dawson have absolutely nothing in common. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Another failed precious comp pick.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
But we keep chykie brown and flowers, and hunt. Don't make no sense. I liked Dawson doubt he sticks to the PS long.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:29 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: But we keep chykie brown and flowers, and hunt. Don't make no sense. I liked Dawson doubt he sticks to the PS long.

Not sure how brown and hunt figure into keeping Dawson, we are thin at DE and corner is banged up, also keeping Flowers is why Dawson was cut.. Flowers outplayed him from Bengals stand point. 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:29 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: But we keep chykie brown and flowers, and hunt. Don't make no sense. I liked Dawson doubt he sticks to the PS long.

Wait. First I saw this. Not Chykie.

Quote:SECONDARY (10)

CB Adam Jones (10), S George Iloka (5), CB Dre Kirkpatrick (5), CB Chris Lewis-Harris (4), SShawn Williams (4), CB Darqueze Dennard (3), CB-S Josh Shaw (2), S Derron Smith (2), CB William Jackson ®, S Clayton Fejedelem ®.
The thinking seems to be they’ll put Jackson on injured reserve Sunday in a bid to bring him back later in the season. But that would leave them with only five healthy corners (counting Shaw) and that’s stretching it because Dennard (ankle) has missed all but a week of camp after being shelved since Nov. 22 last year with a shoulder injury. They expect Dennard to play in the slot in New York, but another move may be coming because playing with just five corners is dicey.  

and this

Quote:Placed DT Marcus Hardison on the Reserve Injured list; Placed LB Vontaze Burfict on the Reserve/Suspended by Commissioner list; Terminated the contract of CB Chykie Brown; Waived WR Mario Alford from the Reserve/Injured list (injury settlement); Waived the following 18 players: FB Andrew Bonnet, DE Ryan Brown, HB Tra Carson, C Alex Cooper, DT David Dean, OT Aaron Epps, HB Bronson Hill, CB Darius Hillary, G Trey Hopkins, WR Jake Kumerow, TE Matt Lengel, CB Tony McRae, G Alex Redmond, WR Alonzo Russell, WR Rashaun Simonise, G Trip Thurman, OT John Weidenaar and QB Keith Wenning.

Then I saw this.

Quote:Fifth-year veteran Chykie Brown becomes their sixth cornerback and 11th defensive back and versatile third-year man Trey Hopkins is their fourth tackle and 10th offensive linemen

Both from Hobson. I'm confused.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:47 PM)Shady Wrote: Wait. First I saw this. Not Chykie.

Then I saw this.

Both from Hobson. I'm confused.

Bengals cut Dawson today and put peerman and wj3 on IR. That opened up 3 more spots which were filled with driskel, brown, and Hopkins 
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Bengals cut Dawson today and put peerman and wj3 on IR. That opened up 3 more spots which were filled with driskel, brown, and Hopkins 

Oh well.  Hope we don't need him. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

That's all I need to hear.  Having an attitude when you haven't even done anything on the field yet is  a bad sign.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 04:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote:

Like I said in another post.

Dawson and Flowers got into physical altercation on bench in last playoff game. Never have I ever seen this before.

Many verbal altercations, but never physical. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We all expected Hopkins and Brown to make the team, this was just a weird way to go about it
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Looks like he's going back to television to continue his tv series with the bear!
Reply/Quote
Sheez, he should clear waivers. Maybe a year on PS will chill him out.

Reply/Quote
Bummer. Had high hopes for the kid. Was an animal at TCU. I don't think he will clear. I do think that, if he gets his head straight, this is going to be a cut we could end up regretting
Reply/Quote
Some hit- Burfict

Some don't- Dawson

I am more than disappointed to see this, but if that is true about the attitude then I am all for it. Vigil's play thus far made him expendable. I am more than a little puzzled at the Driskel move, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Some hit- Burfict

Some don't-  Dawson

I am more than disappointed to see this, but if that is true about the attitude then I am all for it.  Vigil's play thus far made him expendable.  I am more than a little puzzled at the Driskel move, though.

I don't buy his attitude being the only issue. We have been known to straighten guys up.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 09:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Some hit- Burfict

Some don't-  Dawson

I am more than disappointed to see this, but if that is true about the attitude then I am all for it.  Vigil's play thus far made him expendable.  I am more than a little puzzled at the Driskel move, though.

The Driskel moved shocked me as well as we never keep 3 QB's om our roster. That tells me someone loves this kid's future potential to backup AD if we can't ink AJ to a second contract.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote