Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PJ Dawson Cut!
If Dawson signs to the practice squad, is this like a Devon Still situation? Dawson signed a 4 yr, 2.9527 million contract, 581,000 signing bonus, 581,000 guaranteed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 07:33 PM)Goalpost Wrote: If Dawson signs to the practice squad, is this like a Devon Still situation?  Dawson signed a 4 yr, 2.9527 million contract, 581,000 signing bonus, 581,000 guaranteed.

Not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking if we will practice squad him to provide him with insurance?
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 06:59 PM)M.W. Wrote: I would imagine it is a foregone conclusion that the Bengals will not be able to re-sign AJ.

Who cares?  That time will not come for another 2 seasons.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 07:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not sure I understand your question.

Are you asking if we will practice squad him to provide him with insurance?

No.  Sorry for the confusion.  Just wondering if Dawson's salary would be now practice squad level.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 08:07 PM)Goalpost Wrote: No.  Sorry for the confusion.  Just wondering if Dawson's salary would be now practice squad level.

It would be whatever he signs to the squad for.

It could be the standard, or it could even be league minimum for someone on the active 53 (what Tampa paid Dez Briscoe to be on their PS instead of ours)
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 06:59 PM)M.W. Wrote: I would imagine it is a foregone conclusion that the Bengals will not be able to re-sign AJ.

This.

He wants to start... that is understandable and it is not going to happen here.
My guess is the Bengals trade him next year while they can still get value.
He is too important as insurance for our run this year which is why he did not get moved.
Reply/Quote
From Marvin:

Quote:What went into the waiving of P.J. Dawson?

“We were going to add another player some way or another. He just unfortunately ended up being the player we were wiling to part with.”

Will you be adding him to the practice squad possibly?

“We’ll see. It would not surprise me if P.J. is claimed (by another team).”

It doesn't sound like the Bengals are interested in retaining him much at all, not even on PS.

Turn the page.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Quote:P.J. Dawson went through waivers unclaimed, according to NFL Network, but there was no word that he had signed on with the Bengals practice squad.
Apparently Dawson has to agree to the PS or I dunno..he's a free agent? If that's the case he might just be waiting for an injury elsewhere..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Damn PJ. Step yo game up. Quit acting like a dishit and study and be on time. You have a chance to get rich playing a game.

It appears Marvin thought he would get claimed. So did I. Hopefully getting cut and being unclaimed lights a fire in him.
Reply/Quote
I had high hopes for Dawson, but it seems like it never worked out for him. I hope this is an eye opener for him, and he comes back to us ready to go.
Reply/Quote
Hope he signs. I could see him being called up to the active roster at some point.

Reply/Quote
Dawson isn't going to find a spot starting on any teams roster. He's been underwhelming, and would be lucky to get picked up by another team. His best bet at this point is a Practice Squad spot hoping that an injury forces the team to call him up. I get the feeling that he is a little miffed by his release and is reluctant to sign to our PS.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 11:47 PM)Junglejuice Wrote: This.

He wants to start... that is understandable and it is not going to happen here.
My guess is the Bengals trade him next year while they can still get value.
He is too important as insurance for our run this year which is why he did not get moved.

If someone wanted him that badly they would have claimed him off waivers.  No one will waste a draft pick trading for a borderline player like Dawson.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:57 AM)pally Wrote: If someone wanted him that badly they would have claimed him off waivers.  No one will waste a draft pick trading for a borderline player like Dawson.

The post you quoted was in regards to AJ McCarron, not Dawson.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 07:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Who cares?  That time will not come for another 2 seasons.

Yes, but in 2 years there will be no compensation for Tobin's insight. 

He will be moved before this time. Maybe not this season but next for sure. 

At this time he is a one year rented insurance policy  at a cheap price.

But that is not a bad thing at all. It is a luxury. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
As for Dawson this may be the attitude adjustment required to get him motivated.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 11:49 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yes, but in 2 years there will be no compensation for Tobin's insight. 

He will be moved before this time. Maybe not this season but next for sure. 

At this time he is a one year rented insurance policy  at a cheap price.

But that is not a bad thing at all. It is a luxury. 

This

(09-06-2016, 11:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: As for Dawson this may be the attitude adjustment required to get him motivated.

And this.

I did not get the impression that Dawson was an a-hole.  But even going back to last year there were hints that he lacked motivation and work ethic.
Reply/Quote
Poor work ethics and his ADHD might have done him in for now, these were known traits of his prior to drafting him, which explains why he fell so far.

I don't expect another team to pick him up, unless they get hit with injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 10:57 AM)pally Wrote: If someone wanted him that badly they would have claimed him off waivers.  No one will waste a draft pick trading for a borderline player like Dawson.

*Hint* I was talking about AJM.
Reply/Quote
The silence is killing me. What is the deal? Practice squad or not?
Reply/Quote