Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PJ Dawson Cut!
I just don't think he enjoyed sitting on the bench. Seemed like a disgruntled player. I'm not sure they will even bring him back.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2016, 07:27 PM)jj22 Wrote: Another failed precious comp pick.

Trying to cut the comp picks out like they are difereent from all other picks is just silly.  If we don't have the comp pick to take dawson then we may use another pick on a LB and miss out on a guy like Josh Shaw, Derron Smith, Marcus Hardison, or Uzomah.

But I guess some people just have to make up stuff to whine about.
Reply/Quote
Lot's of people around here were convinced Dawson was the greaes tthing since sliced bread. I can already see that some of them are a little salty about him being cut.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 11:22 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Lot's of people around here were convinced Dawson was the greaes tthing since sliced bread.  I can already see that some of them are a little salty about him being cut.

That may be.

I am generally indifferent outside of two things:

I prefer to give 3 years to anyone drafted in the 4th round or above to show improvement. 

Burfict's suspension stretches the depth so I'd prefer to keep as many LBs as possible until his return.
Reply/Quote
Katherine Terrell is reporting that Dawson still has a locker filled with his stuff so obviously the plan is to bring him back if possible. Don't forget we still have an open practice squad position

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Anybody make a claim for this turd?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 02:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody make a claim for this turd?

we won't know until 4PM

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 01:32 PM)pally Wrote: Katherine Terrell is reporting that Dawson still has a locker filled with his stuff so obviously the plan is to bring him back if possible.   Don't forget we still have an open practice squad position

No we don't, according to the roster on the HP.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 03:08 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No we don't, according to the roster on the HP.

I brought this up earlier, but we found the issue.

Driskell is listed on the PS instead of the active 53, and Burfict is listed on the active 53 instead of reserve/suspended.

So we still have one PS squad spot.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 03:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: I brought this up earlier, but we found the issue.

Driskell is listed on the PS instead of the active 53, and Burfict is listed on the active 53 instead of reserve/suspended.

So we still have one PS squad spot.
Gotca, so its a matter of people no updating the site.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 03:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Gotca, so its a matter of people no updating the site.

Sorta.

I understand the Burfict one better than Driskell.

He was claimed and added to the 53, so how did they get him on the PS list?  Perhaps that is a move still to come, then Dawson comes back to the active roster?

Or Driskell stays and Dawson goes to the PS...
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 03:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Sorta.

I understand the Burfict one better than Driskell.

He was claimed and added to the 53, so how did they get him on the PS list?  Perhaps that is a move still to come, then Dawson comes back to the active roster?

Or Driskell stays and Dawson goes to the PS...

The rumor is that Dawson is going to the ps as a get your but in gear kind of thing while driskell will be on the 53
Reply/Quote
I have no problem with this move. Dawson has shown very little. Throw in an attitude on top of that.....see ya.
Reply/Quote
Flowers was better on STs and is more athletic.  Roach demonstrated an ability to call the D and balled out in the preseason.  Gotta give the spots to those who earn it and they did that here.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 02:29 PM)pally Wrote: we won't know until 4PM

4:14, and I still don't know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Crickets... I guess Dawson must be busy, mulling over and weighing all the options from multitude of offers rolling in from around the league.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ian Rapoport said Dawson wasn't claimed.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 06:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Ian Rapoport said Dawson wasn't claimed.

Now the question is how bad is his attitude:

He could refuse to sign here, play around and take awhile to come back or the team could have truly parted ways with him over an internal issue.

All the rumblings sound like he'll be back on the PS soon though so I hope it works out, fuels him to better himself and he becomes the best linebacker to play the game (always aim for the best case scenario)
Reply/Quote
he is now expected to be signed to the practice squad....but we'll see

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 11:13 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Driskel moved shocked me as well as we never keep 3 QB's om our roster. That tells me someone loves this kid's future potential to backup AD if we can't ink AJ to a second contract.

I would imagine it is a foregone conclusion that the Bengals will not be able to re-sign AJ.
Reply/Quote