Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
POTUS mum on Kate
(07-14-2015, 02:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: And for ALL of that...you only said this:

Or is that not what you meant?

Actually I simply asked a question. Did. I imply that race of the victim and suspect very well may play a role in the reaction by POTUS to this case opposed to others? Absolutely.

It seems a few agree that it did; while others just think someone is racist for pointing out the differences.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-14-2015, 01:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course there is question as to whether the man that shot Kate should have even been in the Country; let alone free on the streets. DOJ and/or POTUS should probaly just ignore this issue. BTW, the man that shot Kate has pleaded Not guilty to murder.

The hypocrisy has also been outlined in the sympathetic tone taken by the Whitehouse in each instance. 

Why the strong message from the Whitehouse on the South Carolina shootings?

At least we agree on the hypocrisy both here and at the Whitehouse.

I don't see where there is a question of whether he should have been here. If you're here for work and you commit a felony, you should be deported. Living and working here is a privilege. 

But I don't blame Obama for that. Or a political party. The immigration system has been broken since the 80s. We tried to give the bulka  amnesty and just sort of hoped those who didn't get it would leave. And lawmakers didn't expect businesses to recruit and promote importing (or the importation of) cheap labor.

For the plea, meh. Everyone pleads not guilty. It's just the legal system. He's already confessed he did it, but he's saying it was an accident. All three shots.
(07-14-2015, 02:37 PM)Benton Wrote: I don't see where there is a question of whether he should have been here. If you're here for work and you commit a felony, you should be deported. Living and working here is a privilege. 

But I don't blame Obama for that. Or a political party. The immigration system has been broken since the 80s. We tried to give the bulka  amnesty and just sort of hoped those who didn't get it would leave. And lawmakers didn't expect businesses to recruit and promote importing (or the importation of) cheap labor.

For the plea, meh. Everyone pleads not guilty. It's just the legal system. He's already confessed he did it, but he's saying it was an accident. All three shots.

I doubt there is very much many would blame Obama for.

You don't think this could be a case, in which, the Whitehouse should speak out about immigartion reform? There is also questionable Police activity and possible judicial corruption in this case.

He seemed very willing to speak out about gun control after the SC shootings.

Also you never mentioned why you think he sent no letters of compassion and promised justice to the Stienle family.

(07-14-2015, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I doubt there is very much many would blame Obama for.*

You don't think this could be a case, in which, the Whitehouse should speak out about immigartion reform?** There is also questionable Police activity and possible judicial corruption in this case.***

He seemed very willing to speak out about gun control after the SC shootings.****

Also you never mentioned why you think he sent no letters of compassion and promised justice to the Stienle family.*****

*I doubt there isn't very much many would blame Obama for.
** No. It's a sad story, but immigration is a secondary issue. The guy was high. If anything is at issue here that needs to be addressed, it's pill abuse.
*** Honestly, I haven't heard of any. I get some free time in a bit, I'll goggle it, but until then I cn't really comment.
**** A suspected white supremacist shoots nearly a dozen black people there's more cause for concern. Especially given recent stupidity and rioting in STL and Baltimore. That wasn't being a more worthy cause, that was trying to prevent a situation from escalating.
 ***** Because it's being handled by the court system, and there's no concern of a larger more dangerous situation developing.
(07-14-2015, 02:59 PM)Benton Wrote: *I doubt there isn't very much many would blame Obama for.
** No. It's a sad story, but immigration is a secondary issue. The guy was high. If anything is at issue here that needs to be addressed, it's pill abuse.
*** Honestly, I haven't heard of any. I get some free time in a bit, I'll goggle it, but until then I cn't really comment.
**** A suspected white supremacist shoots nearly a dozen black people there's more cause for concern. Especially given recent stupidity and rioting in STL and Baltimore. That wasn't being a more worthy cause, that was trying to prevent a situation from escalating.
 ***** Because it's being handled by the court system, and there's no concern of a larger more dangerous situation developing.

* No doubt
** You truly think pill use is the primary issue in the primary case/ Too funny
****/***** So POTUS rewards those that riot and cause damage with letters of sympathy, outrage, and understanding. All cases referenced were being handled by the court system.

I wonder why there are no conserns for more dangerous situations developing in this case. Is it your assertion white folk know how to act? Seems kinda like a stereotypical assertion

(07-14-2015, 03:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: * No doubt
** You truly think pill use is the primary issue in the primary case/ Too funny
****/***** So POTUS rewards those that riot and cause damage with letters of sympathy, outrage, and understanding. All cases referenced were being handled by the court system.

I wonder why there are no conserns for more dangerous situations developing in this case. Is it your assertion white folk know how to act? Seems kinda like a stereotypical assertion

To the bold, yes. If there's two options, it's a- he killed her because he was an illegal alien or b-he killed her because he was high on pills.

I'm going with b.

As far as rewards, no. Having correspondence, offering sympathy or saying you hope for the best outcome isn't the same as giving them a vacation or free nachos.

For the last, "white folk" have different priorities — we only destroy property and injure people in herds when sports are involved. The rest of the time, we just ignore it.
(07-14-2015, 03:57 PM)Benton Wrote: *To the bold, yes. If there's two options, it's a- he killed her because he was an illegal alien or b-he killed her because he was high on pills.

I'm going with b.

**As far as rewards, no. Having correspondence, offering sympathy or saying you hope for the best outcome isn't the same as giving them a vacation or free nachos.

***For the last, "white folk" have different priorities — we only destroy property and injure people in herds when sports are involved. The rest of the time, we just ignore it.

* This is just too absurd to address further
** If you don't think you reward those that riot by being sympathetic to their needs while they loot and destroy property. Then we just disagree. Also place  vacations or free nachos in the too absurd to address further category
*** But once they do. I assume that you feel POTOS should come out publically "Having correspondence, offering sympathy or saying you hope for the best outcome"? Remeber our views on hypocrisy.

(07-14-2015, 04:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: * This is just too absurd to address further
** If you don't think you reward those that riot by being sympathetic to their needs while they loot and destroy property. Then we just disagree. Also place  vacations or free nachos in the too absurd to address further category
*** But once they do. I assume that you feel POTOS should come out publically "Having correspondence, offering sympathy or saying you hope for the best outcome"? Remeber our views on hypocrisy.

* Agreed. I find it absurd you think being an illegal immigrant drives people over the edge in the same manner as drug abuse.
** Ok.
*** You're losing me here. Most (all?) of the incidents you mention have had secondary problems (rioting, mishandling evidence, etc) before anyone from the federal government got involved. His involvement was more damage control. You're saying he should get involved here because... there isn't some secondary issue? He should get involved because the perpetrator was caught and is moving through the system as regular as the bulk of most murder suspects? He should get involved because there isn't rioting?
(07-14-2015, 02:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also you never mentioned why you think he sent no letters of compassion and promised justice to the Stienle family.

Because the killer was arrested and charged immediately which is completely different from every other example you cited.  

I don't know why her family would have any concern about justice being served since the killer has been arrested and charged.
(07-14-2015, 04:32 PM)Benton Wrote: Most (all?) of the incidents you mention have had secondary problems (rioting, mishandling evidence, etc) before anyone from the federal government got involved. His involvement was more damage control. You're saying he should get involved here because... there isn't some secondary issue? He should get involved because the perpetrator was caught and is moving through the system as regular as the bulk of most murder suspects? He should get involved because there isn't rioting?

You obviously don't understand the problem here.  It was a WHITE woman that was killed by a MEXICAN.  
(07-14-2015, 05:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because the killer was arrested and charged immediately which is completely different from every other example you cited.  

I don't know why her family would have any concern about justice being served since the killer has been arrested and charged.
The words of justice could be a promise to look into a system that had her murderer on the streets in the first place. You know sorta like promoses to look int the system in the Michael Brown, Freddy Gray, Trayvon Martin, ect.. case. 

How long before Trayvon Martin's shooter was arested and charged?

How different from the SC shootings? Why would the families in the SC shootings need any words of sympathy or concerns about justice being served?

The killer was arrested and charged immediately. Still it seems Potus is a little more mum on immigration laws than he was on gun control laws.

(07-14-2015, 04:32 PM)Benton Wrote: * Agreed. I find it absurd you think being an illegal immigrant drives people over the edge in the same manner as drug abuse.
** Ok.
*** You're losing me here. Most (all?) of the incidents you mention have had secondary problems (rioting, mishandling evidence, etc) before anyone from the federal government got involved. His involvement was more damage control. You're saying he should get involved here because... there isn't some secondary issue? He should get involved because the perpetrator was caught and is moving through the system as regular as the bulk of most murder suspects? He should get involved because there isn't rioting?

* No the absurdity is claiming the main issue with the Kate killings is pill use. But you have tripled down on it.

*** He should at least acknowledge the fact that a flawed system allowed her killer to be on the streets and assurances that it will be investigated; like all the others mentioned. That is the issue "secondary" to her slaying. My apologies for losing you.

(07-14-2015, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You obviously don't understand the problem here.  It was a WHITE woman that was killed by a MEXICAN.  

No doubt we should keep our mouths shut about WHITE people getting shot and just feel guilty for being white.

It was an American citizen killed by an illegal immigrant that most likely should not have even been in the states, much less on the streets. Race shouldn't matter to anyone; which is why I asked the question in the manner that I did.

(07-14-2015, 05:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Race shouldn't matter to anyone; which is why I asked the question in the manner that I did.

yeah, no racists overtones at all in the OP

(07-13-2015, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder why he is being so silent about about a white girl being shot (suspected) by an illegal immigrant? 

I can only assume that Obama's daughter wouldn't look like Kate.

no mention of race at all that I can see. Rolleyes
(07-14-2015, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: How different from the SC shootings? Why would the families in the SC shootings need any words of sympathy or concerns about justice being served?

He didn't address "justice being served" at all when he eulogized the Charleston shooting victims.  There was never any concern about that.  That is why there were no riots.
(07-14-2015, 06:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: yeah, no racists overtones at all in the OP

no mention of race at all that I can see. Rolleyes

Yes, I asked the question in such a manner to determine if race were a factor. Obviously it is to many. 

Do you feel guilty yet?

(07-14-2015, 06:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He didn't address "justice being served" at all when he eulogized the Charleston shooting victims.  There was never any concern about that.  That is why there were no riots.

Who is talking about a eulogy? I'm talking about comments made immediately after the shootings. He pointed quickly to gun control and then to a symbol of "hate".The secondary (or further back) issue of the Confederate Flag was addressed by him and the Nation.

This lady is killed by someone that had no right being at the park that day (possibly because of a system he appropves) and we hear crickets.

We even have folks coming on here and asserting the main issue is pill usuage. Wasn't the SCV shooter arrested not to long prior to tthe SC shooting on drug charges. No mention of that being the reason for the slayings. It is only brought up in the context that this should have prevented him from obtaining a weapon legally,

All the cases share similarities. You and others can try to seperate them, but it just confirms bias.

I'm trying to decide here.  Am I supposed to be more upset because the victim is white? Or that the alleged killer is Latino?  Or that Obama, apparently, isn't outraged enough? Sad
(07-14-2015, 02:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: And for ALL of that...you only said this:

Or is that not what you meant?

I am sad that Kate lost her life, and I don't care what the color of her skin is. Stop trying to make this about race.

The fact that this guy had been deported before and been arrested and detained multiple times but not deported again is a serious problem with the system. The question is why was this guy still here????
(07-14-2015, 07:46 PM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I'm trying to decide here.  Am I supposed to be more upset because the victim is white? Or that the alleged killer is Latino?  Or that Obama, apparently, isn't outraged enough? Sad

If you require assistance; it is because of the hypocrisy displayed by the President of the United States.

Some may also have the audacity to be angered that an innocent woman was murdered by an illegal immigrant that had been deported numerous times for various crimes and was only out on the streets because of sanctuary rules.

So of the 3 options you are deciding to choose from: I'd pick the one where the POTUS is not outraged enough about the murder of one of his citizens by an illegal immigrant.