Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PRICE
Going to be a tough season on offense if Price does not improve the snaps, has been struggling all camp and today was terrible on snaps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 03:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Going to be a tough season on offense if Price does not improve the snaps, has been struggling all camp and today was terrible on snaps.

Billy Price never had an issue snapping the ball at Ohio State. Is he learning a new technique here in Cincinnati? Is it just the shotgun formation snaps which are giving him problems?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billy Price never had an issue snapping the ball at Ohio State.  Is he learning a new technique here in Cincinnati?  Is it just the shotgun formation snaps which are giving him problems?

They need to deflate the balls a little bit.. you know (wink). Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Billy Price never had an issue snapping the ball at Ohio State.  Is he learning a new technique here in Cincinnati?  Is it just the shotgun formation snaps which are giving him problems 
He ha another bad shotgun and 3 to 4 under center today, he barely snapped under center and is bad right now with minimal noseguard pressure,  he has time to improve but today was step back not forward
Reply/Quote
That is a problem that can be fixed. I am not worried.

Bodine had problems with snaps hios first training camp, but they got that fixed by regular season. Bodine had a lot of issues, but I don't remember many botched snaps.
Reply/Quote
Price played almost all shotgun/pistol at OSU. I'm not gonna worry unless it still happening a few weeks from now in preseason games.
Reply/Quote
Well I mean, preseason starts next week.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
At this point, it's got to be in his head and eating at him. Likely, the worst thing would be to overthink the situation. He just needs to relax, and snap the damn ball. It may cost him a tenth of a second against the DL, but you have to do "A", in order to get to "B".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is a problem that can be fixed.  I am not worried.

Bodine had problems with snaps hios first training camp, but they got that fixed by regular season.  Bodine had a lot of issues, but I don't remember many botched snaps.

Remember that also.  Bodine was turrible in camp but when the lights came on never had issue 1 in that regard.  If I recall his problem was just the opposite of Price's / shotgun
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't exactly write off the 2018 season yet, but it's definitely cause for concern.

It'd be nice if our 1st round pick hit the ground running for a change.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is a problem that can be fixed.  I am not worried.

Bodine had problems with snaps hios first training camp, but they got that fixed by regular season.  Bodine had a lot of issues, but I don't remember many botched snaps.

Bodine's issues were with shotgun snaps and he had issues with low snaps throughout his tenure.  Price's issues are mainly coming under center, which is a lot worse.  There's a lot more potential for a turnover and a lot more potential for Dalton to get hurt.
Reply/Quote
This whole scenario reminds me of Dre Kirkpatrick and the backpedal.

Remember that? Guy couldn't backpedal in his first TC.

Now, i guess this depends on your opinion of Dre, but he has turned out alright. I think Price does the same.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 03:54 PM)Lionel Hutz Wrote: Price played almost all shotgun/pistol at OSU. I'm not gonna worry unless it still happening a few weeks from now in preseason games.

What Lionel here said. If this is happening against the Bills in a few weeks i will start to worry but the guy never
snapped from under Center before. Better to happen now then in the games when it really matters.

(08-04-2018, 04:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: At this point, it's got to be in his head and eating at him.  Likely, the worst thing would be to overthink the situation.  He just needs to relax, and snap the damn ball.  It may cost him a tenth of a second against the DL, but you have to do "A", in order to get to "B".

Yes, just calm down Billy. I think he is just trying to hold his own in the blocking department cause those guys
across from him are animals, animals i'm tellin yah.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, just calm down Billy. I think he is just trying to hold his own in the blocking department cause those guys
across from him are animals, animals i'm tellin yah.

I really hate to sound like I'm minimizing the situation, by stating that I'm not as concerned about Price settling down, as some others around here.  What I really think needs to happen is for Billy to get a phone call from his college OL coach, and have a good heart to heart conversation to calm him down a bit.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:24 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I really hate to sound like I'm minimizing the situation, by stating that I'm not as concerned about Price settling down, as some others around here.  What I really think needs to happen is for Billy to get a phone call from his college OL coach, and have a good heart to heart conversation to calm him down a bit.

You don't think Pollack yelling all the time is calming him down? LMAO!

Could be the right way to go there Sunset, get him on the phone ASAP!
Reply/Quote
I know one thing. If he botches a single snap in a preseason game this forum with be on fire with people claiming he is a bust and the 2018 season is totally ruined. Wink

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I know one thing.  If he botches a single snap in a preseason game this forum with be on fire with people claiming he is a bust and the 2018 season is totally ruined.  Wink

You can bet on that one George. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I know one thing.  If he botches a single snap in a preseason game this forum with be on fire with people claiming he is a bust and the 2018 season is totally ruined.  Wink
Well you would think hewould be better at snapping the ball at this point though , has nothing to do with a bust but a fair observation at this point in practice.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2018, 04:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You don't think Pollack yelling all the time is calming him down? LMAO!

Could be the right way to go there Sunset, get him on the phone ASAP!

I feel pretty confident about that.  I'm going to have to go off topic in order to explain why I feel that way, so please bear with me for a moment.

About a month ago I changed jobs, leaving the only engineering firm I've ever worked for, for another company that offered me a better position.  My manager at my old job had been my primary instructor in college, and then my daily mentor for the past seven years.  Leaving the company had zero to do with said manager, but more to do with the project engineer for the civil division of the firm chasing clients away with his Long Island attitude.

Anyway, former manager and I speak on the phone about twice per week.  Today, I mention to him that my new job is about to get exciting, as they are going to put a load of responsibility on me, that I've not yet had to undertake thus far in my surveying career.  Mark (former mgr.) says that he's going to be in town today, asks me to join him for lunch.  We have lunch, along with a good conversation about lots of things, new work included.  I explain the project that I'm being assigned, he explains similar ones that I pretty much did most of the work on, under his charge.  He even goes so far as to ask me to email him the deeds, for him to read over, should I get hung up on anything.

Why would he do this?  Not because he's heartbroken that I moved on and he misses me.  But, because I'm his student.  How I perform under pressure in the world is a reflection of his teachings.  The last thing he wants is for one of his students to fail, at anything.

That is why I feel like it would do Billy Price a lot of good to have a conversation with his college coach.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

LOL. You definitely chime in on the game day threads don't you. Good lord, first game of year, go down by 3 points in 1st qtr, season is over. People are jumping off the wagon and screaming "I'm done with this team!"  Hilarious

Reply/Quote