Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PacMan again
(04-17-2017, 03:57 PM)Striped4war Wrote: Tired of reading the Stipulous from Hobson every year that we don't know what we have out of players.Dennard or Jackson needs to be starting in Pacs place and Pac needs to be shown the door.His play took a nose dive last year and he's been nothing but a embarrassment this entire off season.We still have Shaw who I really like waiting to chomp at the bit to.Let these young guys have there chance already.

The Steelers started Rookie Artie Burns in 9 of 16 regular season games plus the Playoffs.
William Jackson III (4.37 forty) was drafted right before Burns in 2016 and had last season to absorb some things even though he didn't play. William Jackson III is a faster player which makes it easier to recover from mistakes during a play.
Hobson needs to look at the Artie Burns situation.

We could Draft Clemson corner Cordrea Tankersley in round 3 for depth and he is projected as future Starter material.
Tankersley would be a mid 2nd round pick most years but this Draft Class is DEEP at corner.
My source on this was former GM Charlie Casserly who I saw on on NFL Network who likes Tankersley who ran a 4.40 forty and projected him to mid round 3 due to the deep class.
We don't even have to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a corner for depth and William Jackson III could be starting before mid season.

No need to keep Pac Man and the Locker Room would take on a New Aura without Pac Man's dominant personality.
Reply/Quote
XenoMorph Wrote:He told dude he wasn't gonna answer questions about the court case... dude proceeds to ask questions about the court thing..

Pacman says no more interviews for you this year.

the interviewers do like to push buttons they don't need to..  Journalism is all about getting reactions now not news so dude got what he wanted.

I didn't read it that way; that the interviewer was deliberately pushing buttons. It sounded like the interviewer gave Jones a golden opportunity to say the right thing, so the media could report on how hard Jones was trying to get right. But Jones just couldn't do it.

Then again, I'm not from Cincy and have no idea what the interviewer's style/schtick is like. Maybe they're both douches.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Steelers started Rookie Artie Burns in 9 of 16 regular season games plus the Playoffs.
William Jackson III (4.37 forty) was drafted right before Burns in 2016 and had last season to absorb some things even though he didn't play. William Jackson III is a faster player which makes it easier to recover from mistakes during a play.

We could Draft Clemson corner Cordrea Tankersley in round 3 for depth and he is projected as future Starter material.
Tankersley would be a mid 2nd round pick most years but this Draft Class is DEEP at corner.
My source on this was former GM Charlie Casserly on NFL Network who likes Tankersley who ran a 4.40 forty and projected him to mid round 3 due to deep class.
We don't even have to use a 1st or 2nd round pick on a corner for depth and William Jackson III could be starting before mid season.

No need to keep Pac Man and the Locker Room would take on a New Aura without Pac Man's dominant personality.

We have Keivarae Russell who they love in the building. He was a 3rd round pick from the chiefs last year that ended up on our team after being cut by the Chiefs. Apparently he had some issues early on adjusting to preparing like a pro, but all reports from Bengals are they really like him a lot. I don't think we are short on CB depth, we don't need Jones we just choose to keep him.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember back when JJo and Hall were drafted. They were forced into action right away. Thrown in the deep end immediately. At least in Hall's case, he had to learn the hard way. I distinctly remember Braylon Edwards owning him time and time again in Week 2 of 2007. But Hall eventually became a very good CB.

I'm sure the Bengals have so many CBs and prefer to start veterans because they don't want to see rookies getting beat like that again, but you gotta go through the growing pains at some point. It has to be better than a player essentially wasting (at least) half of his contract sitting on the bench just waiting for an opportunity.
Agreed,, Kirkpatrick set the bench two years and still had the same growing pains though.Its better to get them out of the way early in there careers then prep them before finding there big contracts for somebody with huge cap space willing to throw it there way .It defeats the purpose of having them on there rookie contracts if they want play them I believe.
Reply/Quote
Between keeping Pac and losing Whit I don't want to hear the word leadership anymore. Keep your clichés Marvin but don't rub that one in.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:18 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Steelers started Rookie Artie Burns in 9 of 16 regular season games plus the Playoffs.

My source on this was former GM Charlie Casserly who I saw on on NFL Network who likes Tankersley who ran a 4.40 forty and projected him to mid round 3 due to the deep class.

Totally agree with everything.
I just know if we take a corner in the first who we all know will ride the bench I will blow a gasket.Like you said this draft is insane at corner and almost just as good at safety.I just want to know where all those safeties were when we knew we were going to lose either Reggie or Iloka to free agency ( come back Reggie,,I miss the predator ?) 
Reply/Quote
Classless? Yes

Did the reporter cross the line? Yes

He probably deserved the backlash, because lets face it, nobody is going to call a reporter out for inappropriate questions or covering of a story. With that said, Jones turned this non-story into another piece of bad PR for himself and the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Joe Danneman from Fox19 is the reporter that Adam went off on. Danneman is hardly what you would call a confrontational guy or provocative reporter. Here's the question he asked:

“I know you said you were thankful for the organization, is there anything you have to show to fans, have to prove to the fans for them to welcome you back since there were a lot of people upset with the way things went down in the offseason for you?”

I don't think there was anything wrong with the question, aside from the fact that Adam didn't want to answer it. I think it was fair, and doesn't fall into the category of 'prodding'. Just my opinion though.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 02:47 PM)Shady Wrote: PacMan Jones just can't STFU. He went off on a reporter. Maybe Michael Johnson is running his anger mgt classes, since MJ does such a good job of teaching Marcus Hardison how to "stay healthy."

Welcome to Cincinnati, Mr. Lattimore.

Ha!  

First off, that reporter is a good friend of mine from my high school (Joe Danneman), but that was stupid of him.

Second, how could he have politely responded?  You can't throw shade his way and just expect no response.  
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:35 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Ha!  

First off, that reporter is a good friend of mine from my high school (Joe Danneman), but that was stupid of him.

Second, how could he have politely responded?  You can't throw shade his way and just expect no response.  

He could have politely responded by saying "Im not going to talk about the offseason, next question." 

It's really not that hard... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think a lot of you are missing the point here.

It's not if it was a jerk move by the reporter to ask the question...its how Pacman responded. Even if he was baited, the guy cant continue to act the way that he does. You cant tell someone to "go **** off" just because you dont like the question that they asked...especially if youre on thin ice with the league as it is and youve had a history of having anger issues. Thats the issue here. The guy just doesnt learn from his past mistakes.
Reply/Quote

We know Adam Jones is thankful for the office. We want to hear what he wants to do about going forward. Sure. He doesn't want to talk about the "arrest".

But saying the following: “I know you said you were thankful for the organization, is there anything you have to show to fans, have to prove to the fans for them to welcome you back since there were a lot of people upset with the way things went down in the offseason for you?”

How is that any different from talking about the organization earlier?

And it's not like Adam Jones said one thing and that was it. No. He kept going.

Adam Jones has learned nothing and will learn nothing.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:22 PM)Au165 Wrote: We have Keivarae Russell who they love in the building. He was a 3rd round pick from the chiefs last year that ended up on our team after being cut by the Chiefs. Apparently he had some issues early on adjusting to preparing like a pro, but all reports from Bengals are they really like him a lot. I don't think we are short on CB depth, we don't need Jones we just choose to keep him.

I like Keivarie too.
We lucked out getting him for Free after the Chiefs cut him.
Another reason Pac Man could be let go.
My Tankersley idea is instead of using a 1st round pick this year we could get Tankersley in the 3rd if we want another Starter candidate.
We could even wait until the 4th or 5th round to get our first corner this Draft. That corner may not have Starter traits like Tankersley seems to have but we could still let Pac man go with our depth.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think a lot of you are missing the point here.

It's not if it was a jerk move by the reporter to ask the question...its how Pacman responded. Even if he was baited, the guy cant continue to act the way that he does. You cant tell someone to "go **** off" just because you dont like the question that they asked...especially if youre on thin ice with the league as it is and youve had a history of having anger issues. Thats the issue here. The guy just doesnt learn from his past mistakes.

(04-17-2017, 04:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We know Adam Jones is thankful for the office. We want to hear what he wants to do about going forward. Sure. He doesn't want to talk about the "arrest".

But saying the following: “I know you said you were thankful for the organization, is there anything you have to show to fans, have to prove to the fans for them to welcome you back since there were a lot of people upset with the way things went down in the offseason for you?”

Honestly, it seems the only thing Adam has learned over the years is how to apologize after each time he does something stupid. To bad he's never leaned to stop doing the stupid things that lead to the apologies.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:47 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We know Adam Jones is thankful for the office. We want to hear what he wants to do about going forward. Sure. He doesn't want to talk about the "arrest".

He said he didn't want to talk about the offseason any further, which Joe kept on it.

Adam went on about it because Joe obviously didn't get it the first time that Jones said it.
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:52 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He said he didn't want to talk about the offseason any further, which Joe kept on it.

Adam went on about it because Joe obviously didn't get it the first time that Jones said it.

So you say "I thought I told you we arent going to talk about the off season any more? Next question." 

You dont think that would have been a more appropriate/better response?
Reply/Quote
Yup, thats our Pacman for sure

[Image: 11eFSHLGikTK48.gif]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Reacting in Anger to a Shade Throw.

Isn't that the Real Housewives of Atlanta reaction ?
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2017, 04:43 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think a lot of you are missing the point here.

Steelers did this exact same tactic with Joey Porter in the 2015 playoffs. Baiting Adam Jones is so easy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Everytime he does anything, he makes this city look worse.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote